HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Vpost? Borderlinx? Comgateway?

Like Tree143Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-10-2012, 01:33 AM   #1381

vpost is totally rubbish

I must say vPOST service is totally rubbish.

I bought 2 items from Amazon and their dimensions are
1) 16.2 x 14.2 x 15.2 inches ; 10 pounds
2) 8.2 x 12 x 13.6 inches ; 5 pounds

however Amazon packed it into 1 single big box and the volume and weight difference is 20 kg which will cost me more than $150 extra in delivery fees.

I requested that vPOST discard the big box and just ship in the smaller boxes. But they refused and state

"Please be advised that the decision to repack a package will be made at the discretion of vPOST (as per our Terms and Conditions), if the parcel cannot fit in our standard sized boxes, we will retain the box wherein the parcel was originally packed. We do not repack items in customized boxes."

After sending them numerous email and calls where the respond is very slow. They send me this.

"Please be advised that there are also packages which are specially packed to ensure breakable items are cushioned. As such packages would potentially be bulky, the difference between the actual weight and volumetric weight may be higher. We will take into account such instances and repack only when the safety of the package will not be compromised.

We have liaised your concern to the relevant department and they have confirmed that we cannot split the shipments as per process of vPOST we do not split packages into two.

Kindly also be reminded of the 21 days holding period for you not to assess with any holding fees since your 3 package is already waiting for payment. We can temporary cancel this shipment into your account for you to be able to pay with your other 2 packages but we are not liable for the charges incurred and we cannot
waive the base charge if you will decide to ship this item to Singapore. Also this package already reached the beyond the 21 day holding period."

Please see the image, the 2 smaller boxes are being supplied and in no way will it affect shipments. On top of that, I have told vPOST that I will bear the responsibility should the good be damaged during shipment and yet they just give standard answers and insist to charge me the higher charge.

When I requested them to send the items back with me paying the postage fee. They even have the audacity to request administration charges of $10 and the holding fees of 21 days.

This is totally rubbish.

Last edited by nk23dash; 24-10-2012 at 01:37 AM..
nk23dash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2012, 08:32 AM   #1382
Supremacy Member

however Amazon packed it into 1 single big box and the volume and weight difference is 20 kg which will cost me more than $150 extra in delivery fees.

I requested that vPOST discard the big box and just ship in the smaller boxes. But they refused and state

"Please be advised that the decision to repack a package will be made at the discretion of vPOST (as per our Terms and Conditions), if the parcel cannot fit in our standard sized boxes, we will retain the box wherein the parcel was originally packed. We do not repack items in customized boxes."

After sending them numerous email and calls where the respond is very slow. They send me this...

I will mention it again: DO NOT use vpost if flexibility is what you need.

Vpost is very rigid with the rules where repacking is concerned. For starters, there must be at least a difference of 3kg between actual and volumetric weight and yet it's not a guarantee that they will repack for you. If they feel that the integrity of the items could be compromised - which is just one of the reasons out of quite a few - even if the difference in weights qualifies for a repacking, it will still be a no-go.

The only one to go for if repacking is an important consideration is comgateway. CGW is also especially useful for shipments from merchants which have a reputation of using large boxes for their items. Of course, they remain to be the most expensive usually but the fact that they are much more accommodating comparatively could help you avoid crazy charges under unforeseen circumstances like what you experienced.
jazdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2012, 11:27 PM   #1383

i only use before vpost and borderlinx. both also dont bother to repack :/
Old 25-10-2012, 05:37 AM   #1384

I will jump right to my question. I plan to buy a few clothing from different merchants. After consolidating these few packages, will Borderlinx or Comgateway repackage them to the smallest volumetric weight to cut down my shipping cost?
JTMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2012, 11:39 AM   #1385
Arch-Supremacy Member

which 1 will be a better choice to ship kindle or nexus 7 to sg?

Borderlinx or Comgateway?
xiaowhois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2012, 12:02 PM   #1386
Arch-Supremacy Member

After sending them numerous email and calls where the respond is very slow. They send me this.

"Please be advised that there are also packages which are specially packed to ensure breakable items are cushioned. As such packages would potentially be bulky, the difference between the actual weight and volumetric weight may be higher. We will take into account such instances and repack only when the safety of the package will not be compromised.

We have liaised your concern to the relevant department and they have confirmed that we cannot split the shipments as per process of vPOST we do not split packages into two.

Kindly also be reminded of the 21 days holding period for you not to assess with any holding fees since your 3 package is already waiting for payment. We can temporary cancel this shipment into your account for you to be able to pay with your other 2 packages but we are not liable for the charges incurred and we cannot
waive the base charge if you will decide to ship this item to Singapore. Also this package already reached the beyond the 21 day holding period."

Please see the image, the 2 smaller boxes are being supplied and in no way will it affect shipments. On top of that, I have told vPOST that I will bear the responsibility should the good be damaged during shipment and yet they just give standard answers and insist to charge me the higher charge.

When I requested them to send the items back with me paying the postage fee. They even have the audacity to request administration charges of $10 and the holding fees of 21 days.

This is totally rubbish.

Correct me if i'm wrong.

1) Volumetric weight is 11.46KG for item 1 itself not including packing box
Base Charge : S$13.40
Shipping Charges : S$82.51
Fuel Surcharge : S$21.77
% Discount
(Press Enter Key)
: - S$0.00
Total GST* :
S$0.00
Total Cost* :
S$117.69
2. Volumetric weight is: 4.39KG for item 2 itself, not including packing box.

Base Charge : S$13.40
Shipping Charges : S$31.61
Fuel Surcharge : S$8.34
% Discount
(Press Enter Key)
: - S$0.00
Total GST* :
S$0.00
Total Cost* :
S$53.35
Total fees even if sent separately: $171.04 ( Not inclusive of the individual bigger packing box)
If we include the individual packing box, it's easily $200+.

All forwarders out there goes by volumetric weight and they don't send the items naked by the item itself..

You mentioned you were charged $150 extra. So you meant your bill is $300-$400?

What's the amount you thought you should be paying?

The box don't look like it can overcharge by $150.

Last edited by IntelFlash; 25-10-2012 at 12:31 PM..
IntelFlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2012, 12:09 PM   #1387
Arch-Supremacy Member

I will jump right to my question. I plan to buy a few clothing from different merchants. After consolidating these few packages, will Borderlinx or Comgateway repackage them to the smallest volumetric weight to cut down my shipping cost?
All of them can't guarantee to pack to the smallest size, they don't custom make cartons to fit your items exactly.
Old 25-10-2012, 12:11 PM   #1388
Arch-Supremacy Member

FML. Screw vpost.

They are charging me so much for a bag i ordered. the bag can be rolled up and they insist on not doing it on the pretense of damaging the item and starts charging me 2.5kg volumetric weight for a 0.8kg item.

God damn it. Screw Vpost.
I don't think any of the freight warders will accept your request.

2.5KG volumetric weight for a bag, imo is very reasonable.
Old 25-10-2012, 12:18 PM   #1389
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hahaha, outrageous charges + in USD, and contact live chat is the most useless thing you will ever experience with cs said things like they follow international standard bla bla bla, you will also shocked by volumetric dimension to your disadvantage even though its printed on the box.

I recently bought from iherb, costed me only 10USD for 4.5 kg shipping, imagine how much forwarder make your money.

Plus shipping charges that you paid on website doesn't reflect the charges that comes along with your package for e.g I paid 40-50USD but on shipping invoice comes with package only stated 10+USD. What a joke.
You know why Iherb only charge you 10USD?
Cause they contra from the money they earned from you for buying the products.

Don't believe?

Find me a postal service that sends at US$10 for 4.5KG from USA
Old 27-10-2012, 03:38 PM   #1390

I can't believe this. My colleague just bought a tumi bag that's foldable. The real weight is 2.5kg, but now comgateway is charging me 9.5kg for volumetric weight... and they're not offering me any repacking service... Very weird
amigoeva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2012, 04:24 PM   #1391
Arch-Supremacy Member

I can't believe this. My colleague just bought a tumi bag that's foldable. The real weight is 2.5kg, but now comgateway is charging me 9.5kg for volumetric weight... and they're not offering me any repacking service... Very weird
No forwarders charge by real weight, so using real weight to opine is always irrelevant and wrong.

Even if they do have repacking services, they don't fold any products to avoid any chance of damaging it.

A 2.5KG bag sound very big to me volumetrically considering most medium-large backpack is normally below 2KG
Old 27-10-2012, 04:46 PM   #1392
Arch-Supremacy Member

It is not weird at all. It is very common to see 20" x 15" x 10" box being used to ship bag, especially for such an expensive one and airbag are used within the box to cushion it from damage.

It is only logical that they are not willing to fold it and be held responsible if it become damaged.
micey84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2012, 07:17 PM   #1393
Arch-Supremacy Member

Buying some stuffs to be shopped from UK for the first time...anyone had experience using VPost or Borderlinx? Which one would be better?
AshleyRiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2012, 07:47 PM   #1394
Supremacy Member

Buying some stuffs to be shopped from UK for the first time...anyone had experience using VPost or Borderlinx? Which one would be better?
Comparing BL with VP, is not unlike comparing a Taxi with a trishaw.
dreant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2012, 08:55 PM   #1395
Supremacy Member

If you have not inquired about the possibility of repacking yet, you may wanna consider doing it; repacking could still be done.

On quite a few occasions I had shipments which did not have the selectable repack option but were repacked eventually after I sent emails to them simply by asking them to review those packages on the possibility of repacking.
jazdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.