HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Vpost? Borderlinx? Comgateway?

Like Tree143Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2012, 11:36 AM   #1411
Master Member

Is the $10 off discount for comgateway first timer still on?
android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 05:47 PM   #1412
Master Member

Newegg rejects Borderlinx concierge service!
ipadxcell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 10:53 PM   #1413

I have always been buying my stuff (mainly bike stuff) using Borderlinx.

Haven try Comgateway, and going to try it to get my gfx.
I'd recommend you try comgateway. I started using them about 1 year ago, shipped more than 10 orders already (roughly 1 shipment monthly), and totally no problems so far. If you're a DBS cardholder, they also give u free express upgrade, VERY FAST SHIPPING!! I get my packages from the US in 3 days.

I have friends that have used vpost before, they said it's cheaper but more troublesome and also much much much slower. If you want to save money and don't mind waiting, maybe u can try vpost.
littlemissdimples88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 10:58 PM   #1414

parameters, 5000 parcels per month. lol.

I use CGW. So far no complaints. paid 53USD for 7lbs. a bit ex but oh well, can't complain. DHL service. Super fast.

I was thinking of switching to MYUS, but not sure if its more expensive? :S
U paid USD53 for 7 pounds shipment?? Yesterday I paid USD51 for 6.5 KG (about 14 pounds) shipment!
I got 5% off for being a DBS cardholder, but still that doesn't explain why I paid so much less. Plus the $51 includes my repacking fee.

Maybe u should get a DBS card if ure gonna use comgateway regularly. Got 5% off and free express upgrade.
Old 02-11-2012, 12:29 PM   #1415

U paid USD53 for 7 pounds shipment?? Yesterday I paid USD51 for 6.5 KG (about 14 pounds) shipment!
I got 5% off for being a DBS cardholder, but still that doesn't explain why I paid so much less. Plus the $51 includes my repacking fee.

Maybe u should get a DBS card if ure gonna use comgateway regularly. Got 5% off and free express upgrade.
Hmm.. Funny. I got two shipments that arrived on the wed and thursday at CGW suite. The first shipment on wed i got 5% off. The 2nd shipment i got 10% off. Both package weight at 0.5kg. So in total one cost U$12+ another cost U$11+.
addicted-addiction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 03:58 PM   #1416

Anyone ordered a notebook like 14" from US before?
Would appreciate if you can share with me which forwarder, CG, BOrderlinx or Vpost is preferred and what's the charges would be like? Thanks all.
henrychieng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 04:44 PM   #1417

Hmm.. Funny. I got two shipments that arrived on the wed and thursday at CGW suite. The first shipment on wed i got 5% off. The 2nd shipment i got 10% off. Both package weight at 0.5kg. So in total one cost U$12+ another cost U$11+.
Wow lucky, I also want 10% off! haha :p
Uh, but why didn't u consolidate your packages? U could have sent both packages in 1 shipment, that'll be even cheaper. I always wait for a few packages to come then I send all at one time.
Old 02-11-2012, 06:42 PM   #1418

Wow lucky, I also want 10% off! haha :p
Uh, but why didn't u consolidate your packages? U could have sent both packages in 1 shipment, that'll be even cheaper. I always wait for a few packages to come then I send all at one time.
I was contemplating whether to wait for it to come then ship out, or ship out the first one first. Since the first one that arrived was my friend's package, i thought i would ship it out first and hopefully get it on monday morning and pass it to my friend before i fly off to penang in the afternoon.

another factor was prime because i was just 1 more package to prime

but looking at the tracking now i dont think i can get it on monday it haven arrived in HK compared my previous packages, which by the 3rd day afternoon reach HK alr.
Old 02-11-2012, 08:34 PM   #1419

I have used Comgateway many many times. Everytime before I choose the shipper, I will check between Comgateway and Bordelinx... and Borderlink always much expensive than comgateway.... shipment for clothing and sports supplements, comgateway darn cheap. Down with vpost! It's the worst. (All stated are my own personal experience)
Old 02-11-2012, 11:16 PM   #1420

I was contemplating whether to wait for it to come then ship out, or ship out the first one first. Since the first one that arrived was my friend's package, i thought i would ship it out first and hopefully get it on monday morning and pass it to my friend before i fly off to penang in the afternoon.

another factor was prime because i was just 1 more package to prime

but looking at the tracking now i dont think i can get it on monday it haven arrived in HK compared my previous packages, which by the 3rd day afternoon reach HK alr.
Oh i understand. Hope u get your packages asap. From my experience, u should definitely receive the Wednesday shipment by Monday, just that u may not get it in the morning before u leave for Penang. Sometimes it arrives in the afternoon or even the evening.

Great, now ure a comgateway Prime member. U do save quite a bit as a Prime member.
Old 03-11-2012, 01:51 AM   #1421
Master Member

pwned. bought a pair of winter boots which costs US$60, and shipped it to vPost. Shipping cost came up to S$100 (2.8kg actual weight --> 9.6 kg volumetric weight).
Didn't see any option for repacking but I've sent them an email. What are my chances for getting them to repack? The idea of paying $100 for shipping doesn't sound appealing at all..
bkchng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 12:50 PM   #1422

Oh i understand. Hope u get your packages asap. From my experience, u should definitely receive the Wednesday shipment by Monday, just that u may not get it in the morning before u leave for Penang. Sometimes it arrives in the afternoon or even the evening.

Great, now ure a comgateway Prime member. U do save quite a bit as a Prime member.
Yup! I will wait it out till Monday, if not i have to call them to postpone the shipment alr. And thanks!
Old 03-11-2012, 08:00 PM   #1423
Supremacy Member

pwned. bought a pair of winter boots which costs US$60, and shipped it to vPost. Shipping cost came up to S$100 (2.8kg actual weight --> 9.6 kg volumetric weight).
Didn't see any option for repacking but I've sent them an email. What are my chances for getting them to repack? The idea of paying $100 for shipping doesn't sound appealing at all..
Don't be too optimistic. From my experience, if you have to ask them to repack, it means repacking is not doable based on their conditions.

Your package with vpost will be automatically repacked if doable instead of you having to select the option or ask them for it, unlike CGW.
jazdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 10:00 PM   #1424

Uhh, so i just got my item from DHL( called them and they arranged early delivery today) and the item i open up is wrong. What to do now? The invoice they scanned is correct but the item inside is wrong eh. Anyone can advice what to do now?
Old 03-11-2012, 10:33 PM   #1425

Uhh, so i just got my item from DHL( called them and they arranged early delivery today) and the item i open up is wrong. What to do now? The invoice they scanned is correct but the item inside is wrong eh. Anyone can advice what to do now?
Oh no. What do you mean 'the item inside is wrong'? The US company sent the wrong merchandise to your US address?
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.