HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Vpost? Borderlinx? Comgateway?

Like Tree143Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-11-2012, 07:09 AM   #1471

Hi guys would like to ship shades,tanktop and tights here or even mirco SD Shades is 9.1ounces while top and tights is 1 pound. Which shipping fee would be cheaper and whats the est cost? Nid some pro's here to guide me along. Was looking at CGW
For shades alone, I shipped it to a friend who used USPS to ship it to me at only a few USD.

For 1lb 9oz, you can save alot by asking your friend in US (if you have one) to get the USPS standard envelop and wrap the clothes with the shade and send over. Think it's USD$11

They used to have $5 flat rate envelopes but I stopped using them after a while cos I normally get my friend to buy boxers and ship together... Joe Boxers FTW!
yash99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2012, 07:52 AM   #1472

Question: If I use hopshopgo and use my credit card on the paypal, it says it calculates the price in USD, so if I were to use my SG credit card, I'll be charged with the lousy exchange rate from Paypal right?

In order to save, I should actually charge the card to my US credit card, then there will be no exchange rate at all.

Is my deduction correct?
that depends on actually how are u going to pay ur american credit card bill? using SG credit card?
phenol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2012, 07:56 AM   #1473

that depends on actually how are u going to pay ur american credit card bill? using SG credit card?
Nope, using USD
Old 26-11-2012, 07:58 AM   #1474

Nope, using USD
then depends on how much you bought ur USD at. Whether it's better than paypal's rate. if cheaper than ur deduction is correct
Old 26-11-2012, 09:08 AM   #1475
Arch-Supremacy Member

is comgateway still offering free upgrade to express service for dbs card members?
lionelfoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2012, 05:38 PM   #1476

is comgateway still offering free upgrade to express service for dbs card members?
yeah is this service still on??
I rmb dbs card got free upgrade + 5% or 10% off shipping cost or smth
ForTheWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2012, 06:14 PM   #1477

yeah is this service still on??
I rmb dbs card got free upgrade + 5% or 10% off shipping cost or smth
free upgrade from where?

DBS Cards Promotions - Shopping Online | DBS Singapore

offer for 10% off and
10usd offer for 1st time customers is valid til 31 dec.
Old 26-11-2012, 06:50 PM   #1478

then depends on how much you bought ur USD at. Whether it's better than paypal's rate. if cheaper than ur deduction is correct
Then there's no exchange rate as I didnt change my USD. My family stays there.
Old 26-11-2012, 07:45 PM   #1479

The question is, does comGateway compute the item price
1 ) Automatically from the receipt or
2 ) From user input
Good question, can someone answer?

Do they OPEN every package to get the paper slip inside?
aster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2012, 07:58 PM   #1480
Arch-Supremacy Member

free upgrade from where?

DBS Cards Promotions - Shopping Online | DBS Singapore

offer for 10% off and
10usd offer for 1st time customers is valid til 31 dec.
Credit Card Promotion - Everyday Card Promotions & Offers | POSB Bank Singapore
lionelfoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2012, 09:15 PM   #1481

i opt for self collection at eunos post center. Anyone with experience can advise if i am able to collect tml. thanks

frotle009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2012, 10:51 PM   #1482

always confused between dbs and posb. so are they together or what
Old 26-11-2012, 11:54 PM   #1483
Master Member

do i need to notify vpost after my purchase?
i also want to know sia, last time need to email them but according to their 3 steps seems like no need to email them anymore
Lobaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2012, 12:22 AM   #1484

The best way with vPost is to change the setting so that you self-declare your packages. Then you are informed when a package arrives (you do not have to inform them about any pending deliveries) and once it does you simply put in the order number and the value of the package in USD (total invoice value, including postage). QUICK & EASY.

After that you pay the shipping costs online and that's it, the package will be on its way to Singapore. Of course you can wait for a few packages to arrive, then you can declare each of them once they are all there and they will be "consolidated" into one shipment with a single base charge (of course each parcel will still arrive in its own separate box).

Personally I really like the new option to receive your order at a post office of your choice (not just Eunos). This is extremely helpful as using a home address means that deliveries are made Mon-Fri. Selecting a post office for pick-up means that the package might arrive on Saturday and you could still pick it up later that day or even on Sunday if the PO is open.
Old 27-11-2012, 12:30 AM   #1485

The best way with vPost is to change the setting so that you self-declare your packages. Then you are informed when a package arrives (you do not have to inform them about any pending deliveries) and once it does you simply put in the order number and the value of the package in USD (total invoice value, including postage). QUICK & EASY.
1. Once you log in click on "Change Profile"

2. Under "Item Declaration Options" select "vFlex (YES, I would like to self-declare)"

3. Click Submit

From now on you can declare your packages yourself which is much easier (and quicker). As mentioned, just make sure you put in the entire amount (in USD) of your order, including any postage/insurance costs.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.