HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

[Official] Samsung Galaxy S

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-07-2010, 11:23 AM   #4756
Master Member

@hpv500,
mobiletv apps need a few libs (if u flash euro firmware) to work, my rooting thread has that covered..

@iceman217,
you are still using dxjf4 right? use the *#272*HHMM method and pick SIN (again see my rooting thread it was mentioned), u should get all the stuff back..

written in my thread:
after it boots up, go to phone press *#272*HHMM#
where HHMM is hour and mins in 24hr format of the current time
singtel users choose SIN
SH users choose STH
M1 users choose MM1

Last edited by deckcard; 21-07-2010 at 11:26 AM..
Old 21-07-2010, 11:30 AM   #4757

Dude,

Its not about file order but about displaying of correct ID3 info + albumart.

Galaxy S for some reason, does not display the correct ID3 (beside filename) and does not display albumart at all.

This problem is not apparent in Foobar or my ex-winmo phone.

If yours does not exhibit the problems above, please advise the tagging problem you use.

I test with EasyTag and MP3Tag.
Can confirm here as well. ID3 tagging cannot be read from the default sammy music player. JF4 firmware
Old 21-07-2010, 11:35 AM   #4758
Arch-Supremacy Member

@hpv500,
mobiletv apps need a few libs (if u flash euro firmware) to work, my rooting thread has that covered..

@iceman217,
you are still using dxjf4 right? use the *#272*HHMM method and pick SIN (again see my rooting thread it was mentioned), u should get all the stuff back..

written in my thread:
singtel users choose SIN
SH users choose STH
M1 users choose MM1
thanks for the info, deckcard
Old 21-07-2010, 11:37 AM   #4759
Supremacy Member

Oh.... so I'm not the only one getting really frustrated with Singtel backroom ops.

I've talked to no less than 8 CSOs last week to get my service corrected.

Monday - Called to cancel the free Reuters SMS.

Tuesday - They cancelled my MobileTV. Called them to re-instate the free MobiletV service.

Wednesday - They cancelled my AMPed service. Called them to re-instate the MobiletV & AMPed service.

Thursday - Both MobiletV & AMPed service not re-instated, although received automated SMS that MobileTV is activated. Checked my IDEAS account and saw I was billed for MobileTV.

Friday - Called and talked to a CSO. Put on hold while she checked.... until line got cut. Called again and talked to another CSO. She said no such thing as free MobileTV, only free data streaming. Asked her to check internally but she didn't and insisted. Fine, I hang up and check the website.... it says specifically free 24 mths MobileTV & AMPed. Called back immediately but another CSO could not put me thru' to the person (cannot locate such a name in their system). But when told of my situation, he answered immediately that the 2 services are free. I told him to input into the system under my file, that I should be getting these free and he did so. (so that different CSOs would know what is happening)

Finally, Friday night both service re-instated. But my IDEAS account still shows a $1.55 charge for MobileTV. I'm gonna monitor and see if I actually get billed for this.... and kick us another fuss should it be so.

What a bloody hassle...... simply no alignment between the frontline & backroom ops and the billing dept. Each do their own thing only w/o considering the entirety of the requests or service package.
It's weird ah how they are so blur. Unless the system only show in codes, else if the name is there, what's so confusing about clicking on the right package and removing it? Then send automated sms for user themselves to confirm, end of story.

I made a trip down to hello shop personally on monday and the person told me there was some problem with the activation of my flexi lite and they will push it. Seems like going down personally helps more after calling up was useless. Actually, i also don't know if the CSO was the problematic one or the computer system cock up but Singtel better sort them out quickly, else other people are getting so busy cos one particular department never do its job properly.
Old 21-07-2010, 11:43 AM   #4760

i have been having trouble logging into the singtelshop website. as for the free mobiletv, i've seen a flyer with that one, even have free 200min outgoing call free, but it ends in june 2010.
Old 21-07-2010, 11:56 AM   #4761

i have been having trouble logging into the singtelshop website. as for the free mobiletv, i've seen a flyer with that one, even have free 200min outgoing call free, but it ends in june 2010.
Should still have bah..... I checked the webby on last Friday and it was still there for the Galaxy S.
Old 21-07-2010, 12:17 PM   #4762

Can confirm here as well. ID3 tagging cannot be read from the default sammy music player. JF4 firmware
You managed to get this working in any other media player?
Old 21-07-2010, 12:42 PM   #4763
Supremacy Member

Should still have bah..... I checked the webby on last Friday and it was still there for the Galaxy S.
Mine signed up in July and still have leh.
Old 21-07-2010, 12:55 PM   #4764

On Singtel network, does Yahoo Messenger for Android work on 3G/HSDPA data connection, I've tried a lot of times and it does not seem to work. It only works on Wifi
Old 21-07-2010, 01:45 PM   #4765

@hpv500,

@iceman217,

written in my thread:
singtel users choose SIN
SH users choose STH
M1 users choose MM1
Hi deckcard, thanks for the reply again.

I did dial the number *#272*HHMM# the it bring me to a page 'Preconfig" with the Sale Code filled with this 'SIN'

Below the Sale Code filled with this 'SIN' there is nth else but a green button. When i check on the green button and press 'Install' it came with an pop up of 'Must be three Chars'

I cannot find any other options like STH, MM1. I only see a green button with blank to it.
Old 21-07-2010, 02:05 PM   #4766

heyz,,, anyone knows an app tat works for unzipping files for Sammubg Galaxy?
i tried Androzip but it fails
Old 21-07-2010, 02:44 PM   #4767

You managed to get this working in any other media player?
No, never tried in any others, its a shame as FLAC really sounds very good.
Old 21-07-2010, 03:21 PM   #4768
Master Member

Hi deckcard, thanks for the reply again.

I did dial the number *#272*HHMM# the it bring me to a page 'Preconfig" with the Sale Code filled with this 'SIN'

Below the Sale Code filled with this 'SIN' there is nth else but a green button. When i check on the green button and press 'Install' it came with an pop up of 'Must be three Chars'

I cannot find any other options like STH, MM1. I only see a green button with blank to it.
use my update.zip in post #3.. that will solve ur csc problem and gives u root
Old 21-07-2010, 03:30 PM   #4769

Old 21-07-2010, 03:33 PM   #4770

Exchange Galaxy Beam for Galaxy S

I have recently recontract my Starhub mobile to get Samsung Galaxy Beam (Starhub) and wish to do a 1 to 1 exchange for a new Samsung Galaxy S from Singtel or Samsung shop. I am collecting my Galaxy Beam soon so want to exchange. Too bad Galaxy S not sell by Starhub otherwise I would have get it there.....

pls PM me. Thanks.

Last edited by benson76; 21-07-2010 at 03:36 PM..
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.