HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

3rd Party Note 8 Glass screen replacement

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-10-2018, 12:03 PM   #1

3rd Party Note 8 Glass screen replacement

Hey guys,

my note 8 glass was cracked at the edge and the LCD looks ok. Anyone just replaced the glass only from 3rd party shops?
Cause it is cheaper than replacing the whole screen + LCD.
kamiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2018, 02:21 PM   #2

Hey guys,

my note 8 glass was cracked at the edge and the LCD looks ok. Anyone just replaced the glass only from 3rd party shops?
Nope. The glass and the OLED are fused together. Removing or trying to remove the two will damage the screen further. OLED screens are paper thin and usually comes together with the glass as a single part

You are also better off going to Samsung to get the screen fixed to maintain the IP68 rating.
deathst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2018, 02:25 PM   #3

Nope. The glass and the OLED are fused together. Removing or trying to remove the two will damage the screen further. OLED screens are paper thin and usually comes together with the glass as a single part

You are also better off going to Samsung to get the screen fixed to maintain the IP68 rating.
Thanks, may i know if the screen replacement from Samsung will have a year of warranty?
Old 14-10-2018, 05:08 PM   #4

Thanks, may i know if the screen replacement from Samsung will have a year of warranty?
replacement only 1 month warranty.
Old 14-10-2018, 05:11 PM   #5

Hey guys,

If you go 3rd party shops to repair, it is considered as modification, so if next time you want to go repair at Samsung, they will ask you to change the whole thing.

Just like my Note5, when it cannot power on, Samsung say motherboard spoil, and it costs about $460+ to repair. so I go 3rd party shops to repair, they only charge me $190+. after that went back to Samsung to change the back cover, they did a check and found out that my motherboard is modified, so they ask me to change everything which costs $460+. I say I don't want then they proceed to change the back cover, and of course during the process of changing, if anything goes wrong, they are not responsible for it.
Old 15-10-2018, 08:25 AM   #6

If you go 3rd party shops to repair, it is considered as modification, so if next time you want to go repair at Samsung, they will ask you to change the whole thing.

Just like my Note5, when it cannot power on, Samsung say motherboard spoil, and it costs about $460+ to repair. so I go 3rd party shops to repair, they only charge me $190+. after that went back to Samsung to change the back cover, they did a check and found out that my motherboard is modified, so they ask me to change everything which costs $460+. I say I don't want then they proceed to change the back cover, and of course during the process of changing, if anything goes wrong, they are not responsible for it.
Thanks for the info.

I guess going to samsung is the way to go.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.