HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone Excited About Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge?

Like Tree909Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2016, 12:45 AM   #16

4 different models of S7, and 2 different processors. So, 8 different versions of the S7....

I don't know what's the point of releasing so many variants. They should just concentrate on the standard size versions(S7 and S7 edge).
For all we know, Samsung might even release another variant towards the end of the year with even better specs. Look at their past record. Perhaps, it might be better for them to save the plus versions towards the end of the year, releasing it alongside the Note 6.
Well...Samsung likes to flood the market with a lot of variants.

Different people will like different things.

So, Samsung is trying to use a huge net to capture as much market share as possible.

Habrosus likes this.
tkl23786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 11:05 AM   #17

It all boils down to the type of customers Samsung wants to target. By copying the product strategy of Apple, and with its focus on building on Tizen, it is clearly abandoning its original target market segment - people who care more about features and an open environment than aesthetics and bling. Yet if I'm going to choose between Samsung and Apple given that they are both offering similar high-end but closed products, Apple will win hands down. This is the real reason why Samsung is suffering. They are under attack by the low-cost Chinese companies like Xiaomi and Huawei who have swallowed a significant part of their cheap phone market, and are now having trouble trying to move up the food chain to the space occupied by Apple.
Alkamizt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 11:18 PM   #18

confirm buying it if there is microSD slot
ColdHardTruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 11:25 PM   #19

Yet another season of smart phones

Unsure of what to get? Need help with Notebook issues? Join in the discussions at Notebook Clinic!

Keep up with the latest in mobile technology with Residential Phone Gurus over at Mobile Communication Technology!

Need Assistance? Fret not! Feel free to contact me via PM for Forum Related Issues or any Other Issues that may require immediate assistance and I will get back to you as soon as I can.
Intrinion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 10:37 PM   #20

it is said that samsung will release S7 series on 2 March. Let's wait and see.

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 2 using GAGT
aogiliu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 11:47 PM   #21
Supremacy Member

It all boils down to the type of customers Samsung wants to target. By copying the product strategy of Apple, and with its focus on building on Tizen, it is clearly abandoning its original target market segment - people who care more about features and an open environment than aesthetics and bling. Yet if I'm going to choose between Samsung and Apple given that they are both offering similar high-end but closed products, Apple will win hands down. This is the real reason why Samsung is suffering. They are under attack by the low-cost Chinese companies like Xiaomi and Huawei who have swallowed a significant part of their cheap phone market, and are now having trouble trying to move up the food chain to the space occupied by Apple.
I think China is dominated by Apple and Xiaomi. This market is very important. I use a Xiaomi phone, find that for a cheap price, it's phone is actually very good
Hello_Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 12:48 PM   #22

I think China is dominated by Apple and Xiaomi. This market is very important. I use a Xiaomi phone, find that for a cheap price, it's phone is actually very good
true. but recently xiaomi lost his direction on phone. the redmi note 2 and 3 are quite bad. lots of problems. My redmi note 2 can not work well until i flashed Poland ROM.

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 2 using GAGT
aogiliu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 04:18 PM   #23
Master Member

the rumored event is feb 21 before mwc.

the s7 said to come with super good camera leh.
http://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/tech-...bigger-battery

i think software side need to revamp a lot. though improved in s6/s6 edge/note 5, need overhaul la.
swgj86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 05:56 PM   #24

Price vs expectation. It's indeed comparable to the big guys
Intrinion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2016, 05:23 PM   #25
Master Member

Aiya... u all write until so tldr for wat..

watever design or specs samsuck wants to come up wif their next flagships, we average consumers also llst.. once the phone goes on sale, if u like wat u see then buy lor.. if not, look at other brands lor..

old saying goes - no perfect phone... they give u sumthing, they will take back sumthing.. u want removable batt, then no premium look/feel lor...

my only hope for this S7 series is that it will perform better than its S6 relatives... eg. dun keep giving us smlj 8 core, 20 core cpu etc but nvr improved on its batt resources..

or keep saying on paper the camera simi this best that best but on practical use there are more cons than pros..
invisible.hippo likes this.
sporean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2016, 11:50 AM   #26

AnTuTu Benchmark for S7
http://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/tech-...alaxy-s7-specs

Extracted from the article:

The benchmark revealed that the 2016 flagship will come with Android 6.0 OS (Marshmallow) out of the box, and they will also be using Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 820 processors.

S7 will be changing their rear camera to a 12-megapixel BRITECELL sensor, which is a higher resolution sensor that touts better low-light performance and a wider dynamic range (compared to the current models).
Old 14-01-2016, 05:44 PM   #27
Master Member

i hope to see better software optimizations.

hardware-wise, samsung has improved a lot from the S5/S4/S3/S2/S.
swgj86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2016, 06:33 PM   #28
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hardware man, is all about the hardware for me.

If SoC sux, it can be as good as destroy the whole experience.

Sd820 uses Adreno 530. And for single threaded workload, sd820 beats the Exynos 7420 by marginal. But in multi threaded workloads it is slower than the 7420.

Hope the rumour benchmark isnt true. If so i would skip entirely on s7.
royfrosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2016, 07:18 PM   #29

"Live-Photos" for S7
http://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/tech-...otos-galaxy-s7
Old 17-01-2016, 07:25 PM   #30

Hardware man, is all about the hardware for me.

If SoC sux, it can be as good as destroy the whole experience.

Sd820 uses Adreno 530. And for single threaded workload, sd820 beats the Exynos 7420 by marginal. But in multi threaded workloads it is slower than the 7420.

Hope the rumour benchmark isnt true. If so i would skip entirely on s7.
Single core performance matters a lot, which is why iphone 6s is dominating everyone else despite their lower multi core scores. Exynos processors come with that mali gpu that gets outdated very fast for some reason. The adreno gpu is a lot better. In the end, software integration also matters, and not just better processors. If touchwhiz still has crappy RAM management and lags, it doesn't matter if they use exynos or snapdragon, the experience will be sub-par...
Lance321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.