The Galaxy Note 8 (2017 edition)

lenseview

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone using any app to show the internet connection speed in the status bar? Which app?

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Seems like I'm stuck in android 8.0.

How do I get my N8 to the Android pie? Can't seem to find anything in Software update.

Thanks

We're all on Android 9 for some time already... did you try manual update? We're actually looking forward towards Android 10...

lenseview

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
We're all on Android 9 for some time already... did you try manual update? We're actually looking forward towards Android 10...

Android 10 is one ui v2. Dont think note 8 will get that. Note 8 already got 2 version of android system upgrade. Normally samsung flagship devices only gets 2 version of android system upgrade. Chances are very very slim.

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Updated.... don't see much differences.

Bcji1HVl.jpg

Sent from 仆隆供情趣用品 using GAGT

The only change is now it support VOLTE. I can use TPG sim card to make calls/sms now.

cstanhwz

Master Member
Reaction score
Android 10 is one ui v2. Dont think note 8 will get that. Note 8 already got 2 version of android system upgrade. Normally samsung flagship devices only gets 2 version of android system upgrade. Chances are very very slim.

Actually don't like the way Samsung does this.

Note 8 was released with Android 7. During that time, Android 8 already out for some time. But they did not released with Android 8.

Then they update to Android 8 & 9. And consider it two major upgrade. Feel like short-changed of 1 major upgrade. The 8 series should be given the Android 10 update to be fair. Seriously.

lenseview

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually don't like the way Samsung does this.

Note 8 was released with Android 7. During that time, Android 8 already out for some time. But they did not released with Android 8.

Then they update to Android 8 & 9. And consider it two major upgrade. Feel like short-changed of 1 major upgrade. The 8 series should be given the Android 10 update to be fair. Seriously.

No choice. Its been like that for a long time.

Prinsloo

Reaction score
My phone starts to hang and crash occasionally. camera ,gallery and other apps keep hanging. Not sure is it due to update. zZzz

Last edited:

lenseview

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My phone starts to hang and crash occasionally. camera ,gallery and other apps keep hanging. Not sure is it due to update. zZzz

Didnt find any hang or major lag when i dont have any internet speed meter (those that shows data speed in status bar) running. But feels that its not as snappy as before. Maybe the phone is old.

Prinsloo

Reaction score
Any idea how to detect SD card? Recently just realized phone cant detect my SD card. Lots of problem after the update

lenseview

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think the previous update made my sd card corrupted.

Not sure if thats possible. But if you still can detect sd card, maybe copy everything to pc. Format sd card then copy back. Seems like the only thing to do unless change another card to use.

Veloso

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone got any good lobang for replacement of the glass(front) & LCD?

aearthr

Reaction score
Hi all, i just replaced the motherboard and battery for Note 8 at a repair shop in Chinatown. Just to check, after replacing the parts, I realised my phone is pre-installed with starhub app and browser start up with starhub website. Do anyone know why? I texted the repair man and he said is rooted unless changed the firmware which I don't understand. I'm just worried it is not a new motherboardbut a refurbished/ old one.

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all, i just replaced the motherboard and battery for Note 8 at a repair shop in Chinatown. Just to check, after replacing the parts, I realised my phone is pre-installed with starhub app and browser start up with starhub website. Do anyone know why? I texted the repair man and he said is rooted unless changed the firmware which I don't understand. I'm just worried it is not a new motherboardbut a refurbished/ old one.

The motherboard which you got might be starhub version of Note8. You might want to flash the normal firmware over your phone. Last time, I used to try flashing other firmware onto Samsung phones.

There are 4 different Singapore firmware for Note 8, M1, Singtel, Starhub and Open XSP. Using ODIN application to transfer the firmware over to your phone. You can download the XSP firmware from sammobile, there is instructions there on how to flash new firmware over it.

Take note, if you flash, all your settings and information inside will be gone. Be sure to back up all data.

lenseview

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

The repairman says its rooted? If its rooted, means its refurbished mb. Rooted before means that theres the chance of efuse blown. Meaning knox counter will be 0x1. Cant use samsung pay and secure folder.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.