HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Galaxy Note 8 (2017 edition)

Like Tree614Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2018, 02:09 PM   #5341

Aptx HD? Licensing is a likely cause if one would assume.

Doesnít LDAC require specific hardware on the listeners end as well?
Yes, you need LDAC capable headphones (aka Sony headphones, for now in the market).
tkl23786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2018, 08:16 PM   #5342

Using the poetic revolution case which comes with in-built screen protector. So far so good drop my phones twice but no dent or scratches to phone and the back of the case is matte feel.

Anyone tried guardian series?
ksksksks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2018, 02:07 AM   #5343
Arch-Supremacy Member

What app can I use to track my phone in case if lost?

Sent from Samsung SM-N950F using GAGT
Whizdom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2018, 07:43 AM   #5344
Arch-Supremacy Member

You can use android’s find my device app which is tied to Google account..

renfred89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2018, 09:28 AM   #5345
Arch-Supremacy Member

Finally got my issue fixed

F**king hell Samsung, they don't even know what the fuk happened

IMEI and serial number is registered for sale in Singapore but the CSC is TEB (Bosnia). Tell them they don't believe until they remote access and see it themselves on the phone

Wasted 1 week of ding dong and 2 hrs at the service center for them to re-flash everything.
avsquare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2018, 09:47 AM   #5346

Just login to your phone samsung account
https://findmymobile.samsung.com/

Find, Lock, Back up, Wipe My Device

gnusmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2018, 10:10 AM   #5347

It will be more significant with the LDAC music format that comes with Oreo when using wireless Bluetooth headphones. The current AptX format is not as high quality as LDAC. Wonder why Samsung did not upgrade to AptX HD for Note8 when AptX HD is much superior to AptX.

LG is more audiophile-friendly than Samsung with better audio hardware and audio software.

Then again, wired connection is still much better than wireless connection when it comes to audio enjoyment.
S8 in Taiwan already received their 8.0 update and it supports LDAC. I think there is no reason for Samsung not to include for Note8.
wwh5210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2018, 01:53 PM   #5348

anyone getting error in stock recovery?

I first time clear cache, then see this error message.
E:ensure_path_unmounted failed to unmount /efs (Device or resource busy) ..... after that it applied csc and boot up fine.
Found on other forum, same error message as mine.

Last edited by gnusmas; 15-02-2018 at 02:06 PM..
Old 16-02-2018, 03:41 AM   #5349

anyone getting error in stock recovery?

I first time clear cache, then see this error message.
E:ensure_path_unmounted failed to unmount /efs (Device or resource busy) ..... after that it applied csc and boot up fine.
Found on other forum, same error message as mine.

If your phone still boots and performs fine you are okay.
Old 16-02-2018, 08:59 AM   #5350
Great Supremacy Member

Is there currently a working package disabler for note 8?

I remember purchasing once from playstore after purchasing my note 5, the developer server problem end up had to email em to reinstall the app on my note 5 and the playstore account purchased history no longer indicate it was purchased under my google acc. Felt like it's a scam by developer to wipe record and now new devices no longer can install.

Now had to search for purchase reciept to email em again or they renew their policy purchase only on limited device to earn more instead of purchase once like it was used to be. Will email em and await their respond.

Last edited by Jackygogogo; 16-02-2018 at 09:21 AM..
Jackygogogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2018, 10:10 AM   #5351
Supremacy Member

Is there currently a working package disabler for note 8?

I remember purchasing once from playstore after purchasing my note 5, the developer server problem end up had to email em to reinstall the app on my note 5 and the playstore account purchased history no longer indicate it was purchased under my google acc. Felt like it's a scam by developer to wipe record and now new devices no longer can install.

Now had to search for purchase reciept to email em again or they renew their policy purchase only on limited device to earn more instead of purchase once like it was used to be. Will email em and await their respond.
BK Disabler + BK Plugin
stupidog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2018, 11:00 PM   #5352

My pen for my Note 8 is faulty now. When using the pen, the very small circles does not appear when I place the tip near the screen. And I noticed that the pen seems to be constantly performing a "touch" function all the time. Meaning, when I place the tip over the home button and hold there, google is activated (eg like a double touched happened). When I swipe the screen without the tip touching the screen, the screen swipe as well. Tested another Note 8 pen on my Note 8 is working. Looks like have to go service already. Anyone knows the accessories warranty is 6 months or 12 months? Thanks.

Different folks !!! Different strokes !!!
cstanhwz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2018, 12:05 AM   #5353

If your phone still boots and performs fine you are okay.
ya seems ok so far. I being ocd tried factory reset and odin flash same stock rom, but error still there :'(. hopefully next firmware update can can rid of it.
Old 17-02-2018, 12:56 AM   #5354

ya seems ok so far. I being ocd tried factory reset and odin flash same stock rom, but error still there :'(. hopefully next firmware update can can rid of it.
You honestly don’t need to worry about recovery mode errors unless you are doing anything else that affects the FW on it. Factory resetting or clearing cache is fine. The one few things you really don’t want to mess is is efs. Once that corrupts unless you have backed it up you have to go to service center.
deathst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2018, 10:00 AM   #5355

You honestly donít need to worry about recovery mode errors unless you are doing anything else that affects the FW on it. Factory resetting or clearing cache is fine. The one few things you really donít want to mess is is efs. Once that corrupts unless you have backed it up you have to go to service center.
ya I didnt mess with the firmware or root, thanks for reassuring, just my being ocd cos never had such error before.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.