HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

galaxy s2 data connection problem

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-07-2011, 11:40 PM   #1

galaxy s2 data connection problem

Anyone facing data connection problem? data connection will drop randomly and not come back on unless i toggle airplane mode or data connection mode on and off. Happens once to twice everyday.
Retinaburn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2011, 11:57 PM   #2
Master Member

better to post in the root thread if you're rooted/custom rom, or the main thread if you're on vanilla.
if you can give basic information like kernel/rom version etc, that would help.
Old 14-07-2011, 04:21 AM   #3
Master Member

Anyone facing data connection problem? data connection will drop randomly and not come back on unless i toggle airplane mode or data connection mode on and off. Happens once to twice everyday.
Yup i have same problem and mine isn't rooted, but doesn't happen too often though.
RobVanDam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2011, 04:33 AM   #4
Master Member

What is supposed to happen when you initiate the data connection is the phone checks for H+ connection, then for H and then finally 3G. For some reason if you arent with Telstra or are in an area without HSPA+ the phone gets hung up for too long attempting to initiate the H+ connection and refuses to drop back to H!

Also, even if it does give up on H+ it then has an issue with falling back to 3G. Resulting in the problem that if it cant get H+ or the tower is too flooded for a H connection you get absolutely nothing until you restart the data mode within the phone, renegotiates with the tower and BAM, you are back in business.

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum...14413&p=2&#r21
PC_Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2011, 12:51 AM   #5

Nope. Totally stock. Seems like an uncommon problem. Could it be the sim card?
Retinaburn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 01:52 PM   #6

I have the same problems too, data connection drops randomly. Anyway got this fixed yet? I've even got M1 to change the SIM card.... no fix. Will go M1 again today... hoping to get this fixed this time.
leemun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 11:10 PM   #7
High Supremacy Member

I have the same problems too, data connection drops randomly. Anyway got this fixed yet? I've even got M1 to change the SIM card.... no fix. Will go M1 again today... hoping to get this fixed this time.
i have same problem

M1 will probably tell u that this is samsung's problem
K|muRa^84 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 11:49 PM   #8
Master Member

Seems M1's data signal problem is affecting everyone.
darknez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 11:58 PM   #9

i'm also using m1 and get frequent disconnections especially in mrt (both above or underground). i know this because my internet radio always got dropped for as long as 5 minutes before being able to reconnect.
valk1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 12:08 AM   #10
Atb

Its partly the phone problem. I am with m1 too, but when using iphone 4 i got no school problem. iphone 4 seems to handle weak hspda better and will not drop to g so readily. S2 will switch to g very quickly and some times data connection drops or hang. android has some was to go in this area. Either that or Samsung implementation is bad.
Atb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 12:18 AM   #11

Chang your network settings to just WCDMA. Hope that helps.
Walk_Hard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 12:26 AM   #12

Chang your network settings to just WCDMA. Hope that helps.
i'm on that since day 1
Old 06-08-2011, 12:40 AM   #13

I'm facing the same problem too. It started on the this week tuesday. My mobile and data connection will get restart randomly, and after 1-2 seconds later my mobile connection gets back on but my data connection still remains offline. Have to restart phone to get it back online immediately or not have to wait for awhile to get it back automatically. M1 user too. Using SGS2
auguestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 01:06 AM   #14

btw, i'm suspecting my connectivity problems are due to the modem. my connections were surprisingly good while i was on kg3 (lost no connections even at places with poor signal). i'm not sure if it's due to juice defender ultimate too, since i installed that soon after updating to kg3. i updated to kg6 today and the data dropping got worse. i'm flashing back to kg3 to confirm this suspicion.
Old 06-08-2011, 02:08 AM   #15

just try to flash another modem if u are rooted

i am m1 too and so far connection is fine. Mrt i dunno cuz i usually take buses.
Shinkyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.