HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Help! Need advice buying Samsung S9 from Newegg SG.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-05-2018, 10:55 PM   #1

Red face Help! Need advice buying Samsung S9 from Newegg SG.

Hi, I have little experience in online shopping. I like to know is it wise to buy Samsung S9 snapdragon from Newegg SG? I checked US unlock version should able to use 3G/4G in Singapore. VoLTE should be ok too?

Wish to get some experience sharing and advice from members here. Hope can help me.

1. How is the international order return policy order? RMA procedure?

2. Is the delivery service "World Eggsaver Express" good?

Samsung Galaxy S9 4G LTE Dual SIM Unlocked Cell Phone International Version (5.8" Black, 64GB 4GB RAM)

Newegg (SG)

US variant network

SG variant network
Old 18-05-2018, 01:45 AM   #2
Master Member

Hi, I have little experience in online shopping. I like to know is it wise to buy Samsung S9 snapdragon from Newegg SG? I checked US unlock version should able to use 3G/4G in Singapore. VoLTE should be ok too?

Wish to get some experience sharing and advice from members here. Hope can help me.

Samsung Galaxy S9 4G LTE Dual SIM Unlocked Cell Phone International Version (5.8" Black, 64GB 4GB RAM)

Newegg (SG)

US variant network

SG variant network
For RMA, you have to ask the seller. As Samsung service center wouldnt provide the warranty. Might not provide the repair as well.
lenseview is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2018, 10:33 AM   #3

For RMA, you have to ask the seller. As Samsung service center wouldnt provide the warranty. Might not provide the repair as well.
Ya, you are right. I will check with them how is the tnc. At the same time, check with amazon too. Some say amazon service is better.
IamJuggernaunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2018, 12:51 PM   #4

Newegg (SG)

US variant network

SG variant network
VoLTE might not work on these sets as the FW differs from sets sold around our region. FW is tailored specifically for the telco and their settings. Things like Samsung Pay may not be able to register your bank cards cause they may be looking specifically for US cards in their US FW
deathst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2018, 05:09 PM   #5

VoLTE might not work on these sets as the FW differs from sets sold around our region. FW is tailored specifically for the telco and their settings. Things like Samsung Pay may not be able to register your bank cards cause they may be looking specifically for US cards in their US FW
I see. Thanks for your advice.

Hmm. Then, i better stick to local set.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.