Note 8 problems - phone sensors not working

Accura69

Reaction score
My 2 months old note 8 sensors like accelerometer, gyroscope, magnetic, proximity and step counter all stopped working suddenly. Can't auto rotate too. Reset the hp also same. Think need to go back to Samsung service center liao...sian😒

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My 2 months old note 8 sensors like accelerometer, gyroscope, magnetic, proximity and step counter all stopped working suddenly. Can't auto rotate too. Reset the hp also same. Think need to go back to Samsung service center liao...sian😒

use service diagnostic menu to try. this menu will bypass application layer and dive straight into core.

*#0*# in phone dialer, then choose appropriately to test which sensor in concern.

Accura69

Reaction score
Already done that, it showed none of the sensors worked. Strange, maybe the software problem or bug. Need to go down to service center to get it fix.

use service diagnostic menu to try. this menu will bypass application layer and dive straight into core.

*#0*# in phone dialer, then choose appropriately to test which sensor in concern.

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Already done that, it showed none of the sensors worked. Strange, maybe the software problem or bug. Need to go down to service center to get it fix.

Reset Liao still the same? Then likely the sensor chip has burnt.. only can change the whole board.. lol

dwinex

Reaction score
Just got the Note8 from Starhub last Sunday. Last night I noticed the Auto Rotate is not working. After all the checking I realized all the sensors are not working too. :(

Sidler

Reaction score
Does starhub have 7 days 1 to 1?if not, request to buy concierge. Then go claim 1 to 1 from Samsung.

dwinex

Reaction score
Does starhub have 7 days 1 to 1?if not, request to buy concierge. Then go claim 1 to 1 from Samsung.

My recontract comes with SmartSupoort Basic @ 10sgd/month. Just called them for 1 to 1 replacement and OMG replacement service fee is 130sgd. 😢

Accura69

Reaction score
Got it fixed at home via Samsung Concierge and it was the phone motherboard that was faulty and that's why all the senors stopped working.

The samsung techie said that this was the common problem amongst the note 8.

lenseview

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Got it fixed at home via Samsung Concierge and it was the phone motherboard that was faulty and that's why all the senors stopped working.

The samsung techie said that this was the common problem amongst the note 8.

What is done to get it fix? Can enlighten? Thanks

lenseview

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The technician changed the note 8 motherboard as all the sensors were embedded there.

If out of warranty means will cost alot... :s22:
Mine few days old only. 1 day suddenly compass went haywire. Tried calibrating but keep fail, reason saying theres some magnetic force nearby when theres none. But after restarting phone it went back to normal. Hopefully its not the sensor kaput. :s22:

Last edited:

prostcode

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone know how much the replacement of the motherboard cost to replace? I know must pay $32.10 up front for diagnostic repair.

Pls advise.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.