HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Is it Possible to Refresh andriod firmware from external computer

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-12-2019, 10:37 PM   #1

Is it Possible to Refresh andriod firmware from external computer

My Samsung S4 had problems, so i tried to a hard factory reset. While resetting cycle, it hangs and doesn't respond. I think android firmware corrupted.

Anyway to refresh firmware from computer and how?

Please advice. Tnanks
Topaz8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2019, 11:06 PM   #2

Yes. Use Odin.
patrick_teo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2019, 09:52 AM   #3

Yes. Use Odin.
Thanks for your help.

I have looked through "How to use Odin" & i saw a step that needs to "Hard Reset" the mobile. Is this necessary? My mobile cant even turn-on or Hard reset now. It just show the Battery Charging Logo and nothing else.

IT Noob here.
Old 18-12-2019, 08:51 PM   #4

Thanks for your help.

I have looked through "How to use Odin" & i saw a step that needs to "Hard Reset" the mobile. Is this necessary? My mobile cant even turn-on or Hard reset now. It just show the Battery Charging Logo and nothing else.

IT Noob here.
You need to press power+vol down+home buttons on your phone to get to the firmware download before connecting the phone via usb cable to odin on the pc. Then load the firmware (AP,BL,CP and CSC) into odin and press start. Once the firmware is transferred to your phone, the phone will reboot just like updating firmware via ota. Hope this helps.
patrick_teo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2019, 11:02 PM   #5

You need to press power+vol down+home buttons on your phone to get to the firmware download before connecting the phone via usb cable to odin on the pc. Then load the firmware (AP,BL,CP and CSC) into odin and press start. Once the firmware is transferred to your phone, the phone will reboot just like updating firmware via ota. Hope this helps.
Thank you for your reply.

Thats what i thought so too when i saw the video on how to use odin.

However, when i press the hard reset buttons (power+vol+home) just on its own. Nothing happens and the screen is blank!
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.