S7 Bloated battery

AizenSousuke

Reaction score
Anyone has this problem before?

Samsung plaza sing asking for $100 (shld be water proof back)
Ah beng shop asking for $60
DIY (ebay) $18~
Cost of new phone (xm 5 plus) $270~

Should I just get a xm or just DIY or just get it fix by 'professionals'?

What do people normally do?

Sidler

Reaction score
If the phone have no other problem and u can resist the urge to change phone, I would replace the battery at Samsung for 100.

S7's performance is still pretty good and the camera is right among the top few. Don't think xm redmi series can compare yet.

Ah beng battery is cheong one. Not lasting.

AizenSousuke

Reaction score
If the phone have no other problem and u can resist the urge to change phone, I would replace the battery at Samsung for 100.

S7's performance is still pretty good and the camera is right among the top few. Don't think xm redmi series can compare yet.

Ah beng battery is cheong one. Not lasting.
100 too exp considering cost of battery only ard 40 tops... their battery also not long lasting one... 2yrs problem already.. last time i nite 2 also bloated battery... but that one cn change easily .. unlike s7

i brought one s7 batt from ebay instead of sending to samsung... w8ing for batt to arrive... going to diy. if still cant then buy new batt liao... or wait till payday then go samsung..

Sent from Samsung SM-G930F using GAGT

dgeralds

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just DIY. Follow YouTube. Get a battery and also a back cover in case. I'm not sure can get water proof because I did not put in water. Its pretty easy. Get original battery by reading reviews but OEM back cover.

DIY (ebay) $18~

AizenSousuke

Reaction score
I just DIY. Follow YouTube. Get a battery and also a back cover in case. I'm not sure can get water proof because I did not put in water. Its pretty easy. Get original battery by reading reviews but OEM back cover.

Yeap waiting for my battery... I didn't purchase back cover. Back cover meaning the outside one or the one covering the battery? I think the one covering the batt would be deformed due to the buldge.

Ofc not waterproof anymore...

ah_cleo

Master Member
Reaction score
actually i suggest go back samsung do. $100 change battery. sometimes out of good will they will change the frame cos it is glued together. somemore got warranty. 3rd party anything happen, no warranty. further more the specs for s7 is better than redmi note 5

AizenSousuke

Reaction score
actually i suggest go back samsung do. $100 change battery. sometimes out of good will they will change the frame cos it is glued together. somemore got warranty. 3rd party anything happen, no warranty. further more the specs for s7 is better than redmi note 5
5 plus = note 5?

i know the risks... but I'll take it as a learning point.

my phone 1st day already warranty void due to tripping knox.. whoopsie

Sent from Samsung SM-G930F using GAGT

poland_ball

Master Member
Reaction score
had sorta a similar problem with my s7 flat. apparently started with me dropping it screen down. outside no visible damage but then the next day battery drain overnight plus constantly hot. charging with phone off also damn hot till back cover detached.

sent to samsung sc at plaza sing and they quote me 300 to change batt + motherboard (for wad sia). refused to pay since it was out of warranty and cost also higher than trade in value. decided to go to 3rd party shop see if can replace battery and now still working perfectly. 55 bucks and probably waterproofing gone case but whatever la.

AizenSousuke

Reaction score
had sorta a similar problem with my s7 flat. apparently started with me dropping it screen down. outside no visible damage but then the next day battery drain overnight plus constantly hot. charging with phone off also damn hot till back cover detached.

sent to samsung sc at plaza sing and they quote me 300 to change batt + motherboard (for wad sia). refused to pay since it was out of warranty and cost also higher than trade in value. decided to go to 3rd party shop see if can replace battery and now still working perfectly. 55 bucks and probably waterproofing gone case but whatever la.

55 bucks? which shop? mind sharing?

poland_ball

Master Member
Reaction score
went to one of those random mobile shops doing repairs and selling cases etc. the one i went to was in eastpoint lvl 2. i think other places should have also

paul02

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

DIY (ebay) $18~

Personally, would DIY. You could bring it to those mobile shops for them to replace it on the spot for you.

By the way, do you usually leave your mobile phone plugged in (charging) for long periods of time?

AizenSousuke

Reaction score
Personally, would DIY. You could bring it to those mobile shops for them to replace it on the spot for you.

By the way, do you usually leave your mobile phone plugged in (charging) for long periods of time?

yes.. for debugging n testing games

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.