HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Thread

Like Tree854Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2015, 07:42 PM   #46

personally i dont think Samsung will launch another 2 new flagship models without at least 1 of them having external storage after the previous 2 new duds...i mean models and somemore Note series is positioned to be suppose to be all rounder workhorse, stylus and such. if they exclude that, it is as good as torpedo their own left foot.

so if the Note 5 with Removable Storage AND Dual Sim really takes off, i know where I would be getting it
jeremyteeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 07:54 PM   #47
Arch-Supremacy Member

personally i dont think Samsung will launch another 2 new flagship models without at least 1 of them having external storage after the previous 2 new duds...i mean models and somemore Note series is positioned to be suppose to be all rounder workhorse, stylus and such. if they exclude that, it is as good as torpedo their own left foot.

so if the Note 5 with Removable Storage AND Dual Sim really takes off, i know where I would be getting it
i just hope got removable storage. maybe no removable battery cos they wanna do wireless charging like s6 which i think i can live with.
Old 04-08-2015, 09:32 PM   #48

I might go for the G4 pro instead of the note 5.
tohwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 12:26 AM   #49
High Supremacy Member

I might go for the G4 pro instead of the note 5.
Any idea when will it be launch ?

I might consider either the G4 or G4 Pro.
Old 05-08-2015, 01:06 AM   #50
Arch-Supremacy Member

Any idea when will it be launch ?

I might consider either the G4 or G4 Pro.
rumoured to be ard the same time as note 5 launch or slightly later by a mth.
Old 05-08-2015, 07:09 AM   #51

WE HAVE A GONER! Thread Closed. Move on Folks.

Pics of final Samsung Galaxy Note 5 leak ahead of August 13 event

Purported photos of the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 have spent more time on the internet than snaps of Kim Kardashian’s bottom, but now we may be seeing the finished article. Of the phone, that is, not the bottom.

The Droid-Life website has obtained what it claims to be images of the completed 5.7-inch Galaxy Note 5, which will be all-but-certainly be unveiled on August 13.

“It looks a lot like a bigger Galaxy S6 with its metal frame and glass panels, but it differs in that the back has an Edge-like curve to it, likely to make it easier to hold,” the report says, while also pointing out the “crazy thin” bezels.

Beyond the look and feel, the source adds credence to reports hinting the S Pen will be spring-loaded.

There’s also a regular USB port (no OnePlus Two-style Type-C here) and, like the Galaxy S6 it seems there’ll be no SD slot to accompany the 32/64/128GB storage options.

The leak represents the clearest look yet at the device, which will attempt to follow in the footsteps of a long line of successful Note phablets.

Samsung’s latest effort will take centre stage at the Unpacked Event in New York City next Thursday.

The company is also rumoured to be launching the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ and its new round-faced Gear A smartwatch.

Samsung usually reserves its autumn mobile launches until the IFA tech show, but it is thought the Koreans are hoping to steal a march on Apple before the iPhone 6S range arrives.
jeremyteeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 07:39 AM   #52
High Supremacy Member

Pics of final Samsung Galaxy Note 5 leak ahead of August 13 event

Purported photos of the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 have spent more time on the internet than snaps of Kim Kardashian’s bottom, but now we may be seeing the finished article. Of the phone, that is, not the bottom.

The Droid-Life website has obtained what it claims to be images of the completed 5.7-inch Galaxy Note 5, which will be all-but-certainly be unveiled on August 13.

“It looks a lot like a bigger Galaxy S6 with its metal frame and glass panels, but it differs in that the back has an Edge-like curve to it, likely to make it easier to hold,” the report says, while also pointing out the “crazy thin” bezels.

Beyond the look and feel, the source adds credence to reports hinting the S Pen will be spring-loaded.

There’s also a regular USB port (no OnePlus Two-style Type-C here) and, like the Galaxy S6 it seems there’ll be no SD slot to accompany the 32/64/128GB storage options.

The leak represents the clearest look yet at the device, which will attempt to follow in the footsteps of a long line of successful Note phablets.

Samsung’s latest effort will take centre stage at the Unpacked Event in New York City next Thursday.

The company is also rumoured to be launching the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ and its new round-faced Gear A smartwatch.

Samsung usually reserves its autumn mobile launches until the IFA tech show, but it is thought the Koreans are hoping to steal a march on Apple before the iPhone 6S range arrives.
Siao liao lor. No card slot. Means jump ship liao. LG here I come....

kopi22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 07:45 AM   #53
Arch-Supremacy Member

Ohnoz.

garychengjw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 11:04 AM   #54
Arch-Supremacy Member

good for Samsung... I believe many might not jump to Note 5 if no removable sd card if this is true...
agcken12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 12:52 PM   #55
Master Member

No SD card slot isn't a deal breaker for me. I'm already using a lot of cloud storage anyway and found SD card to be troublesome. I think the performance gain from UFS 2.0 is worth it in my time with the S6. :p

But probably going to be a deal breaker for some. Maybe having no removable battery and expandability will help keep the resale value of the note 4 up. Hahaha.
Alexz_Hong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 02:14 PM   #56
High Supremacy Member

Like tat can buy the A8 liao, since it have the micro sd card slot
Old 05-08-2015, 05:38 PM   #57
Arch-Supremacy Member

no card slot then i jump ship to new LG Pro or LG Note.
Lil_d3viLz likes this.
Old 05-08-2015, 06:32 PM   #58

No card slot isn't such a big deal breaker since higher capacity model will be introduced however, non removable battery and if capacity is capped at 3000mAh instead of the previously rumoured 4100mAh then it is sayonara note 5.
december_blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 06:37 PM   #59

I had the chance to test out the A8 here in Malaysia earlier.
Accordingly to the staff, he mentioned that A8 sold in Malaysia is based on SD615 (in oppose to Exynos in SG) which during my test is not so snappy. (even compared to my current Note 3).

One more issue with A8's camera, focusing is fast but picture does not turn out to be as sharp and has less details than even my 2 year old Note 3.

With that said, coming from Note 3, A8 is not an upgrade.

Like tat can buy the A8 liao, since it have the micro sd card slot
december_blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 08:01 PM   #60
Supremacy Member

I had the chance to test out the A8 here in Malaysia earlier.
Accordingly to the staff, he mentioned that A8 sold in Malaysia is based on SD615 (in oppose to Exynos in SG) which during my test is not so snappy. (even compared to my current Note 3).

One more issue with A8's camera, focusing is fast but picture does not turn out to be as sharp and has less details than even my 2 year old Note 3.

With that said, coming from Note 3, A8 is not an upgrade.
These are two different classes, ought to have differences. As much as I love A8, the almighty Note 4 is just a tad more at current street prices *hint*
kero89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.