HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Samsung Galaxy Note 9: Will This Be A Game Changer For Samsung?

Like Tree391Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2018, 10:08 AM   #211

My Surface Pro was $1,200 for a full fledged i5.
Anyway, looks like I will be hanging on to my U11+ for longer than going back to Samsung. Unless street prices are around 1200-1300 for the 128GB. Otherwise forget it...

I'm probably going to go with the OPO6. Pixel 3 notch is too ugly for me. If it was OPO6 size sure, but really? Did they have to make it so big?
elmariachi and garychengjw like this.
Old 10-08-2018, 10:12 AM   #212
Master Member

I'm probably going to go with the OPO6. Pixel 3 notch is too ugly for me. If it was OPO6 size sure, but really? Did they have to make it so big?

I think wait for the OPO6T better. I would have considered Pixel 3XL but no support for dual SIM and only 4GB RAM. Note 9 could have been the best upgrade but outpriced in today's competitive market. OPO6T hope for better speakers and camera. AMEN!
elmariachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 10:12 AM   #213
High Supremacy Member

Pixel is a shameful product. Mock at others for ditching headphone jack then follow them in their next phone. Now even copy the notch.
fortunecat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 10:17 AM   #214

Umm, actually what else will make you "not disappointed"? Almost all the best options available are packed into Note 9 already, I can't really think of any major change that can occur in a smartphone anymore.
On screen fingerprint sensor that's a notch up from competitors
PongRareRare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 10:26 AM   #215

I think wait for the OPO6T better. I would have considered Pixel 3XL but no support for dual SIM and only 4GB RAM. Note 9 could have been the best upgrade but outpriced in today's competitive market. OPO6T hope for better speakers and camera. AMEN!
I'm still monitoring to see if they improve the camera app in the OPO. It's not very good, and compared to my S8+, it's still not very good. The Note 9 is a choice, just an expensive one to me. Might get it if there are more changes to the core Samsung Experience.

Pixel is a shameful product. Mock at others for ditching headphone jack then follow them in their next phone. Now even copy the notch.
Well, I don't know what google is doing, but even the Pixel 2 is having lag issues a few weeks after wiping it. MKBHD has reported this issue, so has other famous Android devs.
Old 10-08-2018, 10:27 AM   #216
High Supremacy Member

Hmm, just that one thing will make you not disappointed already?
fortunecat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 10:31 AM   #217
Master Member

I'm still monitoring to see if they improve the camera app in the OPO. It's not very good, and compared to my S8+, it's still not very good. The Note 9 is a choice, just an expensive one to me. Might get it if there are more changes to the core Samsung Experience.
Yes exactly why I am even surprised why people say the cam is so good. It looks blur in most shots and every shot is not consistent. Even my U11+ takes way sharper and better pics. Samsung Experience is okay they have actually have taken a good effort to lean out Touchwiz and I actually quite like it. It is still a ram hog no matter how you look at it with so many unnecessary services running in the background.

I think even 6GB on the Note 9 will seem barely enough probably 8GB would be optimal. But that is gonna be for the 512GB model that is too much of an overkill unless I wanna fish my prawns mobile.
elmariachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 11:01 AM   #218

I'm a note user. Been waiting for this note 9 rather than getting note 8 since April. But I would say it's disappointing.

1) s pen, - new features, but no really neccessary and exciting.

2) huge storage - no point. One should do housekeeping at all times.

3) fingerprint sensor relocation - nothing to brat about.

4) inboard Dex - does anyone even uses this?

End day, I think I will still go get note 9 even though I'm not particularly excited. That's because I'm a sucker for new gadgets.
for me, i jumped to huawei 2 years back but i still would like to see the note series become great again.

1. s pen additional function is a nice touch for me
2. some phones now only 256gb and no additional sd slot. samsung did well to maintain the choice to expand.
3. yes been done before but it's actually an ideal spot
4. it comes in handy when you're travelling. good that they don't use the dock and use a more simple connection

i might go for the note 9 as i'm due to recontract soon. if i don't like it, sell it off and get the upcoming huawei mate series; will still have cash from the note 9 series i feel
symbiote28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 11:21 AM   #219
Master Member

S10 will feature ultrasonic fingerprint sensor embedded under the screen...
dmstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 11:27 AM   #220
High Supremacy Member

All I can say about Note 9 is the price tag *ouch*!! Guess I will have to keep on fondling my current Note 8 for another year....
garychengjw likes this.
kopi22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 11:27 AM   #221
Arch-Supremacy Member

A super attractive promotion in my opinion.
I'll be taking it up.

Makes more sense than past promotions like the voucher to purchase their accessories etc.
I was gunning for the 8GB ram, I'm able to choke up my Note 8's 6GB

Prices from HWZ FB

elmariachi likes this.

Last edited by mr_voodoo; 10-08-2018 at 11:36 AM..
mr_voodoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 11:34 AM   #222
Arch-Supremacy Member

Where to preorder?
I believe most Samsung Experience store or at the following links -

Link still down --

https://note9preorder.samsung.com.sg/

https://www.courts.com.sg/galaxynote9
Old 10-08-2018, 11:40 AM   #223
Supremacy Member

A super attractive promotion in my opinion.
I'll be taking it up.

Makes more sense than past promotions like the voucher to purchase their accessories etc.
I was gunning for the 8GB ram, I'm able to choke up my Note 8's 6GB

Prices from HWZ FB

Pay the Same RRP as Note 8. Get the beast edition at that price. Good move for early adopters. Don't think the street price of 512/8 will come down soon enough within the next few months to 1398.
kero89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 11:44 AM   #224
Arch-Supremacy Member

Iíve used Huawei mate 10 pro for approximately 4 months. Screen and performance canít beat Samsung or Apple

Iím frustrated by the OS aggressively killing apps to save battery. Simple things like automatically inputting OTP, scanning of QR codes are not found. Itís also frustrating meddling with features, which was forced on users, such as screen saver on lock screen

I donít even want to mention why pro is using a lousier screen than mate 10

Anyway to each his own. Just because one thinks the price isnít right, thereíre others who feels ok
No such problem.

Scanning QR codes is beside EMUI search bar, no need other app.

OTP no problem with auto input.

You can manually manage app launch if you don't like the default battery settings.
stillgottheblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 11:45 AM   #225
Arch-Supremacy Member

I believe most Samsung Experience store or at the following links -

Link still down --

https://note9preorder.samsung.com.sg/

https://www.courts.com.sg/galaxynote9
wah can save more than $300 if po.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.