Samsung Galaxy Note 9: Will This Be A Game Changer For Samsung?

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My experience with Samsung is that the battery is not actually full when it first shows 100%.

Accubattery shows the current and even at 100%, its still charging for a while.
And if u unplug immediately after it reaches 100%, it'll drop quite soon to 99% as compared to if u leave it connected for a while longer.

I'm guessing that Accubattery takes the amount of current charged when it first hits 100%, which is not the true full capacity.

Why Samsung does that? Couple of guesses is "faster" charging, or battery conservation since charging to full capacity is taxing on the battery.

All theses are just my observations and guesses.

I see. I’m using the adaptive fast charger that came in the box and always charged to 100% until the lightning logo in the batt disappears, which means fully charged. After disconnecting the charger and leaving it for some time until it drops to 99%, open up AccuBattery app then saw this. Hmmm..

leon0079

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
how much u sold
Sold @ $80 but my buyer was very steady. Transferred cash to me instead of meetup

MVSHW5nl.jpg

MjhnRmPl.jpg

Last edited:

StationA

Reaction score
I just purchased the Note 9 on 31st August and according to AccuBattery Pro, batt capacity already dropped to 97%?? :s22:
same here. mine show 95% from day 1.
My experience with Samsung is that the battery is not actually full when it first shows 100%.

And if u unplug immediately after it reaches 100%, it'll drop quite soon to 99% as compared to if u leave it connected for a while longer.

I'm guessing that Accubattery takes the amount of current charged when it first hits 100%, which is not the true full capacity.

Why Samsung does that? Couple of guesses is "faster" charging, or battery conservation since charging to full capacity is taxing on the battery.

yes the Accubattery will show bigger value if continue charge after 100%(green light on), but don't know how long should I over charge to get Accubattery show 4000mAh for me...

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

yes the Accubattery will show bigger value if continue charge after 100%(green light on), but don't know how long should I over charge to get Accubattery show 4000mAh for me...

I charge until the lightning logo in the battery icon disappears, so that should be 100% full charge. Think after that, it won’t continue to charge else will be over-charged.

Mine in AccuBattery shows 3887mAh. But in fact how accurate is the app.

1982-1994

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I think exynos is an inefficient cpu. My xiaomi with 4000mah don't drop as fast.

But what CPU is your Xiaomi using? SD625?
Samsung has many bloatware running in the background. I fiddled with the settings and managed to clock 3hrs SOT with 80% left.

I wanted to root but I don't want to lose Samsung pay.

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Samsung has many bloatware running in the background. I fiddled with the settings and managed to clock 3hrs SOT with 80% left.

The Pocophone F1 also runs on SD845.

deathst

Master Member
Reaction score

XiaoMi has about the same amount of services running. The difference is that Xiaomi like most Chinese OEM has created a very very aggressive background app management that kills apps in the background and their related services too. This gives them more battery sure but in turn causes issues with Notifications not reaching the device or even background music playing from like VLC just stopping.

redchallenge

Reaction score
Sold @ $80 but my buyer was very steady. Transferred cash to me instead of meetup

MVSHW5nl.jpg

MjhnRmPl.jpg
Hi bro, could u teach me how to send the gift box to the buyer. From what I read online, buyer needs to have a Samsung account, and I have to log in to his account to play fortnite, is that true

Sent from Samsung SM-N960F using GAGT

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just purchased the Note 9 on 31st August and according to AccuBattery Pro, batt capacity already dropped to 97%?? :s22:

cKPD4Wp.jpg

I see. I’m using the adaptive fast charger that came in the box and always charged to 100% until the lightning logo in the batt disappears, which means fully charged. After disconnecting the charger and leaving it for some time until it drops to 99%, open up AccuBattery app then saw this. Hmmm..

I charge until the lightning logo in the battery icon disappears, so that should be 100% full charge. Think after that, it won’t continue to charge else will be over-charged.

Mine in AccuBattery shows 3887mAh. But in fact how accurate is the app.

calibrate/benchmark your battery using this method first..
https://accubattery.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/213575425-How-to-manually-benchmark-your-battery-health?mobile_site=true

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

mister38

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi bro, could u teach me how to send the gift box to the buyer. From what I read online, buyer needs to have a Samsung account, and I have to log in to his account to play fortnite, is that true

you must download Fortnite from Galaxy Apps in your Samsung folder. You can presently find the banner for it under the tab labeled GAMES in the store. Tap the banner and select INSTALL & OPEN. Agree to the terms and conditions to finish installing the game. You will also need to have an (Buyer) Epic Games account to log in.

Once you have the game up and running, play three games of Fortnite on your phone. It doesn’t matter if you win or lose the game — just make sure that after you finish each round, you select “Return to Lobby”. This will ensure that each match counts toward your three-game total.

After you complete all that’s listed above, wait for one to two days and you’ll receive a gift box with the Fortnite Galaxy skin inside!

https://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/how-to-unlock-the-galaxy-skin-in-fortnite/

leon0079

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

You can't send to the player. You have to login with his account on your note 9 to be eligible for the skin and play 3 complete games.

singcheng

Reaction score
you must download Fortnite from Galaxy Apps in your Samsung folder. You can presently find the banner for it under the tab labeled GAMES*in the store. Tap the banner and select INSTALL & OPEN. Agree to the terms and conditions to finish installing the game. You will also need to have an (Buyer) Epic Games account to log in.

Once you have the game up and running, play three games of Fortnite on your phone. It doesn’t matter if you win or lose the game — just*make sure that after you finish each round, you select “Return to Lobby”. This will ensure that each match counts toward your three-game total.

After you complete all that’s listed above, wait for one to two days and you’ll receive a gift box with the Fortnite Galaxy skin inside!

https://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/how-to-unlock-the-galaxy-skin-in-fortnite/

So you login with the buyer's account before you start your first game?
Or you can "link" the buyer's account even after you got the skin?

mister38

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So you login with the buyer's account before you start your first game?
Or you can "link" the buyer's account even after you got the skin?
You have to login buyer Epic account to play the game, after 24-48hrs buyer will get the skin in his account , skin cannot be link or transfer

Last edited:

mister38

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Make sure u download the Fortnite game from Galaxy Apps on your Samsung folder not play store

redchallenge

Reaction score
By account u guys meant Samsung account, right? Currently I'm logged in to mine already, any issues if I were to log out?

mister38

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
By account u guys meant Samsung account, right? Currently I'm logged in to mine already, any issues if I were to log out?

Samsung account doesn't matter

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.