Samsung Galaxy Note 9: Will This Be A Game Changer For Samsung?

chanbri

Reaction score
hgfAApa

buttercracker

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Why u all so on wan? Still go online chat to reason with them, jin lucky i bought the same handphone as you all :D

lamtw22

Reaction score
You cannot compare iOS to Android cause Apple controls it entirely without telco interference. Apple mostly just implements the known and best industry standards and the telco simple has to adopt to take advantage.

Like voip, it just reached SG shores for iOS cause telco has to get Apple to approve their network was up to standards where as Android OEM with telco deals was doing it reversed, they are tinkering their FW to fit the telcos. This why if you get an export set you lose most of the VOIP features along with all those marketing deals like Samsung Pay

I’ve repeated many times our FW has to go through quite an extensive about of external testing before it is released, Samsung does want to release FW too trust me they got the updates including monthly updates too but tests causes it to bounce back to redevelop and eventually the external test will all be addressed and we catch like the updates 3 months later.

As Samsung Connection member we get to set down to give feedbacks and questions when and why. Trust me this was always brought up and things are being worked on to improve it to separate Security updates to general features update. But this requires Korea end to cooperate

No, not true. Our phones are not locked by Telcos and the updates are already available elsewhere.

Last edited:

rabbit1

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just click on update and saw sept security patch... isit the lastest one?

Sent from Samsung SM-N960F using GAGT

Nope. Other regions started to receive October patch few days ago. They're giving us an old update very late!

deathst

Master Member
Reaction score
No, not true. Our phones are not locked by Telcos and the updates are already available elsewhere.

I understand, our devices are not locked yes, but the FW is not approved by the telco or simply fails meeting up to standards.

Yes it is true that SEA FWs are now mostly Multi CSC and shares resemblance with FW from countries around us but it is more of the tinkering Samsung Korea does to SG's CSC that differentiate the FW between each region and ensure that telco features work on the devices.

Case in point OnePlus devices never have VOIP in SG network cause they are not whitelisted on Telco ends to take advantage of it on our network and requires OP to work it out with them. Oneplus devices skip Telco requirements cause there isn't any sort of deals made with them or need for them to talk thus their update cycles are fast.

Even Pixel 2 devices does not have VoLTE

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
New firmware update is available now.

Version: RJ1

Security patch level: Sept 2018.

Enhancement:
1) camera picture quality has been improved
2) brightness of faces in backlit conditions has been improved
3) low light brightness and SNR (signal noise ratio) has been improved
4) sept security update

Last edited:

deathst

Master Member
Reaction score
Got confirmation that update for the device is now live.

N960FXXURARJ1/N960FFOXm2ARJ1/N960FFXXU2ARJ1
344.98 MB

Security level 1 Sept 2018
Camera update.

rabbit1

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I understand, our devices are not locked yes, but the FW is not approved by the telco or simply fails meeting up to standards.

What you said don't make. Firstly it cant be such a coincidence that all 3 telco rejected the update together. Secondly, even so, samsung should have released the update for non telco set. The answer is Samsung do not care about SG users. As simple as that. Phones like Xiaomi or Apple don't need carrier approval (yes our telcos do carry xiaomi) . They just push as and when they like.

PeasantBeing

Master Member
Reaction score
Aiyo just now 4+pm, I checked but don't have. Now I outside can't download :s13:

Sent from Rocket Uno cruising in Midnight Black Galaxy No. 9 using GAGT

deathst

Master Member
Reaction score
What you said don't make. Firstly it cant be such a coincidence that all 3 telco rejected the update together. Secondly, even so, samsung should have released the update for non telco set. The answer is Samsung do not care about SG users. As simple as that. Phones like Xiaomi or Apple don't need carrier approval (yes our telcos do carry xiaomi) . They just push as and when they like.

It does not need to have all 3 telco reject. As Long as there is any single point of failure, it will go back to the start.

Our telco carries XiaoMI sure, but how often do you see telco advertising those phones. Marketing and deals are not always all the same across the board, a company will only work with you as much as they can benefit from you too. Plus the only reason why there is XiaoMi cause they need to sell cheap phones to people who could only reach those ranges.

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
New firmware update is available now.

Version: RJ1

Security patch level: Sept 2018.

Enhancement:
1) camera picture quality has been improved
2) brightness of faces in backlit conditions has been improved
3) low light brightness and SNR (signal noise ratio) has been improved
4) sept security update

Got confirmation that update for the device is now live.

N960FXXURARJ1/N960FFOXm2ARJ1/N960FFXXU2ARJ1
344.98 MB

Security level 1 Sept 2018
Camera update.

At least got some movement, though not latest. I've updated mine earlier on and so far so good.

lamtw22

Reaction score
It does not need to have all 3 telco reject. As Long as there is any single point of failure, it will go back to the start.

Our telco carries XiaoMI sure, but how often do you see telco advertising those phones. Marketing and deals are not always all the same across the board, a company will only work with you as much as they can benefit from you too. Plus the only reason why there is XiaoMi cause they need to sell cheap phones to people who could only reach those ranges.

You think Telcos here bother about your phone software update ? Please lah.

quailmaster

Reaction score
Anyone knows if the blue light filter mode has any detrimental effect on the screen? Is it ok to leave it on all the time ?

doki81

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone knows if the blue light filter mode has any detrimental effect on the screen? Is it ok to leave it on all the time ?
No...but you see your screen yellow all the time...u like yellow screen?

Sent from Samsung Exploding Not 9? using GAGT

deathst

Master Member
Reaction score
You think Telcos here bother about your phone software update ? Please lah.

Actually yes. Believe it or not. You can keep living in denial even though I as a member from a group with Samsung SG Managements and staff with other invited fans and tech enthusiasts give you this little information we can disclose or as much as they can disclose. Be as unhappy as ever without understanding why.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.