HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Samsung Galaxy Note 9: Will This Be A Game Changer For Samsung?

Like Tree391Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2019, 08:21 AM   #5956
Arch-Supremacy Member

Check your nfc settings, make sure the authentication protocol is set to sim.

Cant seem to use the ezlink anymore after the update. Detects the nfc but not the ezlink...
renfred89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 10:12 AM   #5957
Supremacy Member

Check your nfc settings, make sure the authentication protocol is set to sim.

Are you talking about this? I just switched from auto to SE Sim card. Will try later to see if it works.

lobo76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 10:19 AM   #5958

Are you talking about this? I just switched from auto to SE Sim card. Will try later to see if it works.

How u get to that setting page? Can't seem to find it... I'm having poor detection of my nfc sim at gantry.. Can take about 3 to 4 secs to detect...
PPkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 10:27 AM   #5959
Arch-Supremacy Member

How u get to that setting page? Can't seem to find it... I'm having poor detection of my nfc sim at gantry.. Can take about 3 to 4 secs to detect...
enter the NFC menu, then tap on the 3 dots at upper right corner.
Old 07-03-2019, 10:31 AM   #5960
Arch-Supremacy Member

yes. nfc ezlink uses secure element imbedded into the sim card. you should choose SE Sim.
Old 07-03-2019, 10:58 AM   #5961

yes. nfc ezlink uses secure element imbedded into the sim card. you should choose SE Sim.
found it.. thanks..

first try after changing the settings.. still the same... 3 to 4 secs delay at the gantry..

rebooted phone afterwards.. will try again in the evening time.
Old 07-03-2019, 12:02 PM   #5962

Ok i using lock this app function from the task switcher, hopes this prevent app closing when idle, very inconveninence after update.
Did not work. Apps closed in morning still. Aggressive task killing seems worse than Huawei.
kimsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 02:06 PM   #5963
Supremacy Member

found it.. thanks..

first try after changing the settings.. still the same... 3 to 4 secs delay at the gantry..

rebooted phone afterwards.. will try again in the evening time.
1. maybe if you are using casing, can take out to try.
2. Try to 'aim' the sim card, basically the top left edge onto the nfc detector.
3. the phone should ideally be in 'off'. So that it doesn't try to use google/samsung pay when detecting the ezlink nfc. It works when 'on', just that sometimes it triggers my google pay, other times it works as normal.

Last edited by lobo76; 07-03-2019 at 02:16 PM.. Reason: add point
Old 07-03-2019, 02:21 PM   #5964
Supremacy Member

Did not work. Apps closed in morning still. Aggressive task killing seems worse than Huawei.
Have you already tried the App power management settings?

Settings > Device Care > Battery > the menu button on top right.
Old 07-03-2019, 07:01 PM   #5965

2. Try to 'aim' the sim card, basically the top left edge onto the nfc detector.
3. the phone should ideally be in 'off'. So that it doesn't try to use google/samsung pay when detecting the ezlink nfc. It works when 'on', just that sometimes it triggers my google pay, other times it works as normal.
I have been using nfc sim since S8. So those are definitely not user issues. This nfc sim issues is persistent since the new firmware. 7 out of 10 tries I will encounter this damn long detection.
Old 07-03-2019, 08:57 PM   #5966
Arch-Supremacy Member

the long response time is also an indicator of failing NFC sim. instead of stressing it, faster go apply to refund before it died.

I have changed 3 times in 3 years and every time it started with long response time, then one day no signal.
Old 07-03-2019, 09:01 PM   #5967

Cant seem to use the ezlink anymore after the update. Detects the nfc but not the ezlink...
My NFC Sim card cannot be detected outright after the Note 9 firmware update. I only noticed it when I was out without Wifi. Sim Card completely not detected. Don't even need to say about NFC Sim card EZLink. That option is gone too.

Luckily I had a spare sim card from my recontract days years ago that I did not activate. Called and got that card activated. All my value from the old NFC Sim is gone. Thus comes to my advice.

Advice: Please note down your NFC Sim card's EZLink number. In case the firmware update can make your old Sim card spoilt and making its EZLink inaccessible, you can call EZLink to transfer the old values inside that old NFC Sim card over to the new EZLink on your new Sim card via the EZLink card number in the NFC Sim.

What kind of firmware can brick a Sim card or spoil its NFC portion to the point that it spoils the entire Sim card?

UPDATE: Luckily I had an EZLink Activate! account where I registered my previous EZLink number inside it for insurance purposes in case I lost my phone along with the Sim card. Who knew it will come in handy.
I can still track my uses along with the card's value through my account.
To transfer the funds from the old card over, I will have to register my new sim card's EZLink number and voila. Got my value back. Who knew it will come in handy some day after so long. xD

Last edited by LiLAsN; 07-03-2019 at 10:15 PM..
LiLAsN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 09:13 PM   #5968

the long response time is also an indicator of failing NFC sim. instead of stressing it, faster go apply to refund before it died.

I have changed 3 times in 3 years and every time it started with long response time, then one day no signal.
you paid 3 times for the new nfc sim? or telco will just replace it for free?
Old 07-03-2019, 11:03 PM   #5969
Arch-Supremacy Member

you paid 3 times for the new nfc sim? or telco will just replace it for free?
replace for free. singtel replaces sim card free for 1 time annually.
Old 08-03-2019, 12:16 AM   #5970

guess the troublesome part is the transfer of $$ and auto reload to the new nfc sim...
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.