HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Samsung Galaxy Note 9: Will This Be A Game Changer For Samsung?

Like Tree374Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-03-2019, 07:08 PM   #6121

Anybody encounter notification icon still reflecting on notification bar after reading msg?
Yup happened to me too. For whatsapp and telegram. I think have to go in the app via the notification to clear it. If go in by the app directly, the notification won't clear.

Sent from Samsung SM-N960F using GAGT
way_landr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2019, 12:14 AM   #6122

Anyone encounter Spotify can't be controlled by Bluetooth headset or car system anymore? Or if it app problem?

way_landr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2019, 08:51 AM   #6123
High Supremacy Member

Does Samsung Service Centre still factory reset your phone when you sent in your phone for repair? The last time I requested them not to do factory reset, they could not accede to my request.
yes. they say its their sop coz of privacy.
Beh-Hawk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2019, 06:50 PM   #6124

yes. they say its their sop coz of privacy.
I think Samsung customers should have a choice to choose to have their phones factory reset or not.

How are we going to copy our photos out if the problem is a spoiled LCD? Surely they cannot factory reset just like that. I think that is data destruction not data protection. Lol.
harmony71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2019, 09:29 AM   #6125
High Supremacy Member

I think Samsung customers should have a choice to choose to have their phones factory reset or not.

How are we going to copy our photos out if the problem is a spoiled LCD? Surely they cannot factory reset just like that. I think that is data destruction not data protection. Lol.
ikr. its just plain dumb. users can choose whether they want to retain their data or not and i am perfectly fine if they make me sign an indemnity form for my data

My set got this problem last year. Sent for repair. Now this same problem again.
i have the same exact problem too after sending it for repair...and it only happens when i zoomed above 2x.
Beh-Hawk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2019, 09:48 PM   #6126

Think of it this way, if you dont reset and one day your private data on ur phone somehow gets leaked like videos/photos/etc after you sent in for repair then who are you gonna blame?

Blame Samsung, too late by then. Look at all the damage caused by leaks whenever people sent their phones in for repair, seungri scandal, Edison chen scandal. Samsung cant and wont guarantee that their technical staff wont do anything funny with your private data too. And when **** happens, it's already too late to even blame them.

Better to be safe than never.
Justahelpdesk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2019, 09:57 PM   #6127

Think of it this way, if you dont reset and one day your private data on ur phone somehow gets leaked like videos/photos/etc after you sent in for repair then who are you gonna blame?

Blame Samsung, too late by then. Look at all the damage caused by leaks whenever people sent their phones in for repair, seungri scandal, Edison chen scandal. Samsung cant and wont guarantee that their technical staff wont do anything funny with your private data too. And when **** happens, it's already too late to even blame them.

Better to be safe than never.
Long story short, don't take sexy photos with phone.
kennerv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2019, 10:00 PM   #6128
Master Member

They can just factory reset just like that. They have testing firmwares designed to wipe the device for hardware testing. Requires little interaction to flash. It even can bypass Google reset protection.

Also to do testing the phone cannot have any sort of screen lock set for them do testing. So if you really want a phone behind closed door away from your hands and eyes with all its content exposed. Samsung rather not deal with that
deathst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2019, 10:11 PM   #6129
Arch-Supremacy Member

They help me back up to SD card before reset....not bad lah...but they scratch my back protector....I was shock, but went and change it at $8....went back home than saw it....

Front car cam:I TB 100 HD SP/Rear car cam:ITB 100 HD/T-Power plus mobile power station/Nikon D800/Sony RX 100 version 3/Garmin Nuvicam with BC 30 backup cam/ Garmin Edge 1000/Cycliq Fly 12CE/Fly 6 CE/Samsung Note 9 512GB/8GB Ram / Mi Max 3/ Mazda3 standard/Starhub 1 Gbps fibre broadband /Brompton SR6/Merida Scultura 500/Canondale SL 4/Google Home and mini/AmazingFit Bip/ Galaxy Watch 46mm/Osmo Pocket/TAB S4 10.1
MIVEC525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2019, 11:58 PM   #6130
High Supremacy Member

any one using wireless charger to charge your note 9?
daylight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2019, 12:13 AM   #6131
Supremacy Member

me...why?

Sent from Samsung Exploding Not 9? using GAGT
doki81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2019, 12:21 AM   #6132

me 2. but i alternate sometimes. wireless like slow even with rapid charge
poland_ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2019, 12:35 AM   #6133
Supremacy Member

i kinda charge it wirelessly only
Conan1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2019, 12:39 AM   #6134

Malaysia firmware for Feb compare to India Mar, any difference, which is better

tanjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2019, 08:52 AM   #6135
Supremacy Member

Malaysia firmware for Feb compare to India Mar, any difference, which is better

definitely is the security update...

Sent from Samsung Exploding Not 9? using GAGT
doki81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.