HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Samsung Galaxy Note 9: Will This Be A Game Changer For Samsung?

Like Tree387Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2019, 08:34 PM   #6526
Supremacy Member

Quite disappointed with Note 9 updates. First update, navigation bar toggling removed. Second update, split screen removed, which was the crowd jewel of Android. Battery life also shortened, not sure by which update. Besides, camera live image "melting" when zoomed.
Not sure to send in for repair or not, hate the backup and restoration ordeal, somehow always got something forgot to backup or transfer.
Is it a wavy effect? The only way to fix it is to send your camera in. Your data will be wiped.
rabbit1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 09:37 AM   #6527
Arch-Supremacy Member

Quite disappointed with Note 9 updates. First update, navigation bar toggling removed. Second update, split screen removed, which was the crowd jewel of Android. Battery life also shortened, not sure by which update. Besides, camera live image "melting" when zoomed.
Not sure to send in for repair or not, hate the backup and restoration ordeal, somehow always got something forgot to backup or transfer.

You mean you cannot see all these on your Note9? I have no issues at all in fact, I find the battery life got better after the last April Security update.
seller4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 10:57 AM   #6528

It's really easy to pull off a loca glue SP. Probably easier than some of the full-glue solutions imo.
alright .. any idea where to get a one though? LOL .. coz my daughter placed her top (the one with the suction) no the screen and when we removed it, the tempered glass that I just had installed popped out as well so n
donetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 02:39 PM   #6529

You mean you cannot see all these on your Note9? I have no issues at all in fact, I find the battery life got better after the last April Security update.
Maybe he just didn't explore till that part.
Battery life slightly, just slightly improved for me.
kennerv is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 08:41 PM   #6530
Supremacy Member

Note 9 not ready for the one UI update
Old 03-06-2019, 09:33 PM   #6531
Supremacy Member

Anyone know change battery take how long? Or go which service Centre better.
Got one day charge overheat like Siao.
shawniiex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 09:38 AM   #6532

Doesn't work. My WhatsApp still pop notification n when I got spam all of a sudden it will be so irritating.

Anyone got any work about?

Turn on do not disturb.
curo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 10:16 AM   #6533
Arch-Supremacy Member

Doesn't work. My WhatsApp still pop notification n when I got spam all of a sudden it will be so irritating.

Sorry. Have you tried the game tools?

Note: Not all notifications can be blocked.

Last edited by seller4; 04-06-2019 at 10:23 AM..
seller4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 01:15 PM   #6534

Sorry. Have you tried the game tools?

Note: Not all notifications can be blocked.
Hmm. Works fine for me in Contra Returns... All notifications blocked and it's peaceful.
firesong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 01:16 PM   #6535

alright .. any idea where to get a one though? LOL .. coz my daughter placed her top (the one with the suction) no the screen and when we removed it, the tempered glass that I just had installed popped out as well so n
I got mine from Aliexpress.. Less than $10 each... ordered a 3pc pack to try on my own, got it right the first time.
Old 04-06-2019, 01:17 PM   #6536

Are you using the Pop Up (bubbles) mode? I disabled that mode cos it got irritating in games - caused a few losses in pvp cos the pop up appears where I want to tap or distracts me when I have to drag it out of the way. The normal notifications work fine.
Old 04-06-2019, 03:54 PM   #6537
Supremacy Member

Are you using the Pop Up (bubbles) mode? I disabled that mode cos it got irritating in games - caused a few losses in pvp cos the pop up appears where I want to tap or distracts me when I have to drag it out of the way. The normal notifications work fine.
you never use the game mode?

Sent from Samsung Exploding Not 9? using GAGT
doki81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 10:30 PM   #6538

you never use the game mode?

Sent from Samsung Exploding Not 9? using GAGT
I use the game mode, but even in game mode with notifications all turned off, the strange thing is the chat heads appear if you enable "Smart Pop-up View" (Settings/Advanced).

So I just disabled that and the problem went away.
Old 05-06-2019, 04:24 PM   #6539

hi guys does ur note 9 whatsapp have sound notifications issues ? meaning got msg comes in but no sound.
Singaporean80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 05:35 PM   #6540

Sometimes. Happened with my s8 last time also. Only vibration.
kennerv is online now   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.