HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Samsung Galaxy Note 9: Will This Be A Game Changer For Samsung?

Like Tree387Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2019, 12:24 PM   #6541
High Supremacy Member

Anyone always encounter error when using Samsung pay? Quite often will fail for the 1st try, only 2nd try then succeeded. Today even worse, tried 3 times also failed at Yakun, had to use physical card to pay instead. Jin xia suay
fortunecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 01:14 PM   #6542

hi guys does ur note 9 whatsapp have sound notifications issues ? meaning got msg comes in but no sound.
Did u disable the sound notification itself within the app itself?
Justahelpdesk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 06:00 PM   #6543

Anyone always encounter error when using Samsung pay? Quite often will fail for the 1st try, only 2nd try then succeeded. Today even worse, tried 3 times also failed at Yakun, had to use physical card to pay instead. Jin xia suay
Happened to me multiple times recently with Google pay. Eventually had to delete the card and re-add it. Then it worked again. Weird.
njstone9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 09:40 AM   #6544

i've only used Samsung Pay once and I had to struggle on how to use it. LOL .. i'm used to using Google Pay.

donetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 12:29 PM   #6545

i've only used Samsung Pay once and I had to struggle on how to use it. LOL .. i'm used to using Google Pay.
If not for the points, I would also use Google Pay. It's so much faster
cheekibreeki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 03:28 PM   #6546

Are you able to advise what's a good spare USB cable for the phone? The USB-C Mazer cable that I bought for my Huawei doens't seem to work well with the Note 9.

When I say that it doesn't work well, (1) when I connect my phone to the office laptop, I can't do any file transfer but when I use the original USB cable, there's no issue, (2) charging takes forever (like we're talking about 5-6 hours).

I can always bring the original one but I'm worried that I might spoil it later one. It's always good to have a spare one. Heheh.

Also, is it worth it to buy a wireless charger? I heard that it takes 2x longer than using the normal charger.

Last edited by donetus; 07-06-2019 at 03:32 PM..
donetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 01:49 PM   #6547

My WhatsApp widget suddenly became dark overnight. Previously it was black text on white background. Now it's like light grey on dark grey background, can't see the words at all.

Anyone face this? Is it a WhatsApp problem or somehow I turned on some dark mode of the phone. Oh I'm using the night mode of the phone already since months ago, so that's not the cause.

Sent from Samsung SM-N960F using GAGT
way_landr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 02:30 PM   #6548
Master Member

My WhatsApp widget suddenly became dark overnight. Previously it was black text on white background. Now it's like light grey on dark grey background, can't see the words at all.

Anyone face this? Is it a WhatsApp problem or somehow I turned on some dark mode of the phone. Oh I'm using the night mode of the phone already since months ago, so that's not the cause.

Sent from Samsung SM-N960F using GAGT
No issue with mine. Whatsapp widget still white background. I also have night mode on.

Try removing the widget and put it back again. I had another widget which I need to remove and put back again after every app update so that it can work properly.

Sent from REDMI NOTE 5 on Rocket Uno with TPG Booster using GAGT
PeasantBeing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 10:35 AM   #6549
Supremacy Member

Are you able to advise what's a good spare USB cable for the phone? The USB-C Mazer cable that I bought for my Huawei doens't seem to work well with the Note 9.

When I say that it doesn't work well, (1) when I connect my phone to the office laptop, I can't do any file transfer but when I use the original USB cable, there's no issue, (2) charging takes forever (like we're talking about 5-6 hours).

I can always bring the original one but I'm worried that I might spoil it later one. It's always good to have a spare one. Heheh.

Also, is it worth it to buy a wireless charger? I heard that it takes 2x longer than using the normal charger.
I'm using ugreen cables. Good quality and have no issue with data transfer or fast charging. Can find it on lazada/Shopee.

Sent from Samsung SM-G975F using GAGT
Audiology93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 01:26 PM   #6550
Supremacy Member

I'm using ugreen cables. Good quality and have no issue with data transfer or fast charging. Can find it on lazada/Shopee.

Sent from Samsung SM-G975F using GAGT
Don't think this is USB-IF certified.
shawniiex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 02:36 PM   #6551

Don't think this is USB-IF certified.
Does it matter as long as it works?
kennerv is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 08:06 PM   #6552
Master Member

Does it matter as long as it works?
With all that power. It best be certified cause there are USB c cables out there that have fried even Google Employee pixels and pixel books. Improper wiring and hacks methods to handle fast charge is the issue
MIVEC525 likes this.
deathst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 12:25 AM   #6553

With all that power. It best be certified cause there are USB c cables out there that have fried even Google Employee pixels and pixel books. Improper wiring and hacks methods to handle fast charge is the issue
I see. So how to identify certified cables?
kennerv is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 10:16 AM   #6554
Supremacy Member

I’m very disappointed with Samsung.
My Note 9 play the OVERHIT game from Nexon lags whereas S10+ won’t

Don’t know if it’s Note 9 or what. Have yet to try on my S9+ and S9. But if it uses the same processor then probably will lag too and some more my Note 9 is the 512 GB so have the extra 2 GB of RAM.
Old 12-06-2019, 11:58 AM   #6555
Master Member

I’m very disappointed with Samsung.
My Note 9 play the OVERHIT game from Nexon lags whereas S10+ won’t

Don’t know if it’s Note 9 or what. Have yet to try on my S9+ and S9. But if it uses the same processor then probably will lag too and some more my Note 9 is the 512 GB so have the extra 2 GB of RAM.
Complaining about games on an android forum.. like most games on Android it is always strained by software overhead. No matter how powerful the Android device hardware maybe, the OS is bottlenecking it’s performance. And did you really think that 2GB of extra ram will help.. try dropping some graphical settings in the game to maybe Low.

Why not play on your many many iPhones. Sure better one
deathst is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.