HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Samsung Galaxy Note thread, a phone so big smaller phones orbits around it

Like Tree256Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-11-2011, 10:25 AM   #1606
Arch-Supremacy Member

but wouldnt that damage the battery , as it constantly charging it??
So far no issues....even my Blackberry is always connected when not in use.
That's why my phones are always at 100% when I leave home/office. When idle at home, it's connected most of the time. I 've never encountered low batt/batt flat when I'm outside. I believe phones these days have auto-cutoff feature to stop charging when batt is full.

Life-span of phones very short at most 1 year before you sell off or trade for new one.
Not many of us will use phone for 2 full years.

Last edited by Tuakong; 22-11-2011 at 10:27 AM..
Old 22-11-2011, 10:29 AM   #1607
Master Member

So far no issues....even my Blackberry is always connected when not in use.
That's why my phones are always at 100% when I leave home/office. When idle at home, it's connected most of the time. That's why, I 've never encountered low batt/batt flat when I'm outside.

Also, life-span of phones very short at most 1 year before you sell off or trade for new one.
Not many of us will use phone for 2 years.
Agree with you. I'm like you, keeping my phone charged be it at home, office or in the car. It's more important having battery life when you need it most, rather than being a nanny to the battery and having low power in emergency situations.
Old 22-11-2011, 10:38 AM   #1608
Master Member

sigh feel like buying the note liao since the galaxy nexus is like a bit cannot leh. anyone know when the note will be upgraded to 4.0?
Old 22-11-2011, 10:39 AM   #1609
Master Member

but wouldnt that damage the battery , as it constantly charging it??
That's a fact for the old '90s batteries that still persist today.
Old 22-11-2011, 10:43 AM   #1610

Agree with you. I'm like you, keeping my phone charged be it at home, office or in the car. It's more important having battery life when you need it most, rather than being a nanny to the battery and having low power in emergency situations.
ouh..then i always plug my GN then.. thanx peeps..
Old 22-11-2011, 10:45 AM   #1611

must go service together. mine plugged in bottom right corner no sense, plugged out, that area not as sensitive as the rest, tested on kb. yrs? describe.
Mine is plug in AC, I find that bottom right corner not as sensitive as other area of the screen. After plug out the AC everything back to normal.
Old 22-11-2011, 10:56 AM   #1612

Lightbulb

Mine is plug in AC, I find that bottom right corner not as sensitive as other area of the screen. After plug out the AC everything back to normal.
u mean the Apps icon there? Mine no problem..
just wanted to know if any of u guys have tried an app called Adownloader.. is it safe to donwload bit torrent file direct to the phone??
Old 22-11-2011, 10:56 AM   #1613
Master Member

sigh feel like buying the note liao since the galaxy nexus is like a bit cannot leh. anyone know when the note will be upgraded to 4.0?
IMHO early next year. We'll be lucky if they can make it before Christmas.
Old 22-11-2011, 11:06 AM   #1614
Master Member

IMHO early next year. We'll be lucky if they can make it before Christmas.
so much confidence sia! i hope so. seriously thinking about it. is the pen really that good? i tried it at the singtel shop but dunno how to draw on the maps. and i dont think they'll let me test out whether i can put it in my pocket or not lol
Old 22-11-2011, 11:14 AM   #1615

u mean the Apps icon there? Mine no problem..
just wanted to know if any of u guys have tried an app called Adownloader.. is it safe to donwload bit torrent file direct to the phone??
The bottom right screen area , where space/enter/backspace keys are, Will become less sensitive
Old 22-11-2011, 11:14 AM   #1616

so much confidence sia! i hope so. seriously thinking about it. is the pen really that good? i tried it at the singtel shop but dunno how to draw on the maps. and i dont think they'll let me test out whether i can put it in my pocket or not lol

Like this?
Old 22-11-2011, 11:22 AM   #1617

I'm also always charging my Note, be it in office, home or car. As i go outdoors frequently, just scraed it'll run out of juice.

As for the batt draining issues mentioned, I personally don't find it an issue.

I change hp every 3-4mths, used several models from HTC, Samsung, SE, etc, fruit phone also used IP3gs & IP4 before.

I find the batt drain among all the smartphones I used is around the same. Note is slightly better, maybe being larger batt, but big screen (compensate) as i frequently use emails, browsers, etc.
Old 22-11-2011, 11:28 AM   #1618

I'm also always charging my Note, be it in office, home or car. As i go outdoors frequently, just scraed it'll run out of juice.

As for the batt draining issues mentioned, I personally don't find it an issue.

I change hp every 3-4mths, used several models from HTC, Samsung, SE, etc, fruit phone also used IP3gs & IP4 before.

I find the batt drain among all the smartphones I used is around the same. Note is slightly better, maybe being larger batt, but big screen (compensate) as i frequently use emails, browsers, etc.
i tried last saturday..one single charge..plug off from 8am.. lasted me around 13hrs usage..till 8% battery.. use whatsapp, fb, bit os video, listen to mp3 n bit of playing ngmogo game.. im really satisfied with d battery.. used HTC before, battery dead at 6 hrs usage..
Old 22-11-2011, 11:35 AM   #1619
Master Member

Like this?
how u do that?! teach moi! calling singtel now lol
Old 22-11-2011, 11:42 AM   #1620
Master Member

pcb singtel out of stock?!
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.