HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Samsung Galaxy Note thread, a phone so big smaller phones orbits around it

Like Tree256Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-11-2011, 01:00 PM   #2116

hi guys, im currently stuck between sgn and iphone4s, i would very much prefer sgn thou (bigger screen, sleek design, better processor), just want to know remarks from you sgn users, any significant problems with it?

also.. does it have lots of apps? i heard andriod is having more and more apps and on top of that can get from google store as well, but not sure how true is that.

You will know once you jump on the Android ship.

There are many who have already jumped if you follow this thread from the start
Old 26-11-2011, 01:02 PM   #2117
High Supremacy Member

Not sure anyone facing this same thing as my sgn.

using phone browser open a few tabs. after that use home button to exit the browser. use the phone or standby the phone as per normal. after sometime all the tabs will be closed and it shows the default homepage.

This does not happen on my sgs2 though...

Please advise.

Thanks.
Less free ram+ android mem management = it's like that one.....
Old 26-11-2011, 01:03 PM   #2118

You will know once you jump on the Android ship.

There are many who have already jumped if you follow this thread from the start
er, i know right, but still got to do some research here and there since sgn is not particularly cheap? my research so far has given me positive results, just curious to know what users would actually make of it, does it have many fun games and useful apps, etc
Old 26-11-2011, 01:04 PM   #2119
High Supremacy Member

Yes I was annoyed by this too! In Whatsapp iOS version you can selectively enable notifications for group chats you want. The version in android does not have this capability. Can only use mute as a workaround.

I guess Whatsapp prioritise iOS dev over Android since they started from there.
iOS notification setup is arguably more streamlined than Android's.
Old 26-11-2011, 01:05 PM   #2120
Arch-Supremacy Member

hi guys, im currently stuck between sgn and iphone4s, i would very much prefer sgn thou (bigger screen, sleek design, better processor), just want to know remarks from you sgn users, any significant problems with it?

also.. does it have lots of apps? i heard andriod is having more and more apps and on top of that can get from google store as well, but not sure how true is that.
Go test it out in stores.. I had used iPhone 4s, sorry to say the receptions cmi.. A phone which is unable to hold on to a decent phone call is not a phone (drop calls few time within a 20 mins call)... Feel like a walkie talkie.. Sgn reception is power, I seldom see 2g but 99% having 3G or hspa. Most importantly, after I got sgn, I never receive any SMS from Singtel saying "xxxxxxxxx trying to call u while u r unavailable". When I'm having 4s, I received 4-10 such SMS daily.. A lot of calls due to work..
Old 26-11-2011, 01:05 PM   #2121
High Supremacy Member

er, i know right, but still got to do some research here and there since sgn is not particularly cheap? my research so far has given me positive results, just curious to know what users would actually make of it, does it have many fun games and useful apps, etc
More than enough for a user. They usually look less pretty than iOS', but you won't miss anything function wise.
Old 26-11-2011, 01:09 PM   #2122
Master Member

for the past 1 week,i am a satisfied user of SGN (android) , switched from iPhone 4s (iOS)
love the big & beautiful 5.3" screen. android allows convenient ways to upload pics via social networks through many platforms. but it is much restricted over on iOS.viewing google earth on SGN is beautiful.

my friends like it too,but they find it too big.
battery wise,it was bad at first till i downloaded an app "2x battery".
strongly recommended.

if you are someone who care about audio/sound quality,get iPhone.
SGN is close,but iPhone is better.
and the battery on SGN is replaceable.
Old 26-11-2011, 01:09 PM   #2123

Go test it out in stores.. I had used iPhone 4s, sorry to say the receptions cmi.. A phone which is unable to hold on to a decent phone call is not a phone (drop calls few time within a 20 mins call)... Feel like a walkie talkie.. Sgn reception is power, I seldom see 2g but 99% having 3G or hspa. Most importantly, after I got sgn, I never receive any SMS from Singtel saying "xxxxxxxxx trying to call u while u r unavailable". When I'm having 4s, I received 4-10 such SMS daily.. A lot of calls due to work..
cool.. i didnt know that iphone4s has such poor reception, now thats another reason for me to deter away from it aha.

More than enough for a user. They usually look less pretty than iOS', but you won't miss anything function wise.
i see.. this does sound positive to me!

anyway for android does it has something like jailbreaking? cuz the apps are not free one right i think, or you guys just source for free apps online?
Old 26-11-2011, 01:11 PM   #2124

for the past 1 week,i am a satisfied user of SGN (android) , switched from iPhone 4s (iOS)
love the big & beautiful 5.3" screen. android allows convenient ways to upload pics via social networks through many platforms. but it is much restricted over on iOS.viewing google earth on SGN is beautiful.

my friends like it too,but they find it too big.
battery wise,it was bad at first till i downloaded an app "2x battery".
strongly recommended.

if you are someone who care about audio/sound quality,get iPhone.
SGN is close,but iPhone is better.
and the battery on SGN is replaceable.
well i actually care more about the apps/camera aspect, browser wise i heard iphone is slightly better but to me as long as its not slow i will be very satisfied. gotta say im a iphone hater since practically everyone's using it! too common IMO
Old 26-11-2011, 01:17 PM   #2125
High Supremacy Member

cool.. i didnt know that iphone4s has such poor reception, now thats another reason for me to deter away from it aha.

i see.. this does sound positive to me!

anyway for android does it has something like jailbreaking? cuz the apps are not free one right i think, or you guys just source for free apps online?
Piracy talk is not tolerated here.

Tons of free apps on market....you won't run out anytime soon.
Old 26-11-2011, 01:19 PM   #2126

Piracy talk is not tolerated here.

Tons of free apps on market....you won't run out anytime soon.
opps, sorry, wasnt aware of that, will take note. alright man, thanks for the info guys hopefully the next time im back to this page i will be a proud sgn owner aha
Old 26-11-2011, 01:24 PM   #2127
Master Member

well i actually care more about the apps/camera aspect, browser wise i heard iphone is slightly better but to me as long as its not slow i will be very satisfied. gotta say im a iphone hater since practically everyone's using it! too common IMO
camera wise, maybe iPhone 4s is on par with SGS2.
apps wise,not so sure.only know that thousands of users often give good comments for those apps.
browser wise, i prefer SGN for it's flash capability.even can log onto sites which require singpass. can search for keywords.
but one thing better on iPhone, it's easier to point at your desired word with your index finger despite of it's smaller screen, even without zooming in.
Old 26-11-2011, 01:27 PM   #2128
Arch-Supremacy Member

Less free ram+ android mem management = it's like that one.....
Ya. Seems that there are more features thus more ram being used as compared to sgs2...

Still trying to get used to it...
Old 26-11-2011, 01:28 PM   #2129

camera wise, maybe iPhone 4s is on par with SGS2.
apps wise,not so sure.only know that thousands of users often give good comments for those apps.
browser wise, i prefer SGN for it's flash capability.even can log onto sites which require singpass. can search for keywords.
but one thing better on iPhone, it's easier to point at your desired word with your index finger despite of it's smaller screen, even without zooming in.
wa SGN actually supports flash? its as good as a tablet already!

do you usually use the stylus on your SGN? cuz im not exactly a stylus person.
Old 26-11-2011, 01:33 PM   #2130
High Supremacy Member

Ya. Seems that there are more features thus more ram being used as compared to sgs2...

Still trying to get used to it...
You'll get used to it. You gain some u lose some....

Custom roms might help, removing some of the useless processes.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.