HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Samsung Galaxy Note thread, a phone so big smaller phones orbits around it

Like Tree256Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-11-2011, 01:34 PM   #2131
High Supremacy Member

wa SGN actually supports flash? its as good as a tablet already!

do you usually use the stylus on your SGN? cuz im not exactly a stylus person.
Just go buy it and stop asking...
Old 26-11-2011, 01:34 PM   #2132
Master Member

thought all android phones support flash?
i don't usually use the s-pen. but at least i don't have to connect the phone to the PC, then transfer the pic so that i can use MS paint to edit it before i upload onto social network sites. yes you can edit the pic on SGN, saves alot of hassles. maybe it is no different from the MS paint,but don't quote me.
Old 26-11-2011, 01:35 PM   #2133
Arch-Supremacy Member

Yes. Sgn supports flash. Any android phones on froyo and have a min 1ghz processor will support flash.

I use the stylus to draw bit nia. Typing still prefer the spacious on screen qwerty keyboard...

Last edited by Oinkize; 26-11-2011 at 01:38 PM..
Old 26-11-2011, 01:38 PM   #2134
Arch-Supremacy Member

You'll get used to it. You gain some u lose some....

Custom roms might help, removing some of the useless processes.
Ya. Slowly taking my time to look at custom roms. Need to find the courage to root the sgn.

I took 3 months before i had the guts to root my sgs2 and another month to flash to a custom rom.

But i love the sgn's battery life over my sgs2. Song man...
Old 26-11-2011, 01:41 PM   #2135
Master Member

besides all the "art & crafts", s-pen is useful when you don't want to zoom in the browser in order to click/copy the word/link.
Old 26-11-2011, 01:42 PM   #2136

Just go buy it and stop asking...
haha sorry la.. cuz SGN price is quite exp so got to make sure everything is swee swee before i jump the gun.
Old 26-11-2011, 01:45 PM   #2137
Master Member

cool.. i didnt know that iphone4s has such poor reception, now thats another reason for me to deter away from it aha.

i see.. this does sound positive to me!

anyway for android does it has something like jailbreaking? cuz the apps are not free one right i think, or you guys just source for free apps online?
You don't have to root(jailbreak equivalent )to install non-market apps. Just download the apk installer file. And no, I'm not talking about free paid apps.
Old 26-11-2011, 01:46 PM   #2138

I've asked this before but I would just like to clarify. I got a starhub set with pre installed starhub apps. I'm using Singtel so I have to flash it to Singtel rom or stock Samsung rom. I use the *#272*imei method and understand that I have to choose XSP for default or SIN/XSO for Singtel.

Qn is I tried XSP and SIN but found there's no difference. SIN also don't have any Singtel apps le. I thought supposed to have? So qn is which should I use? XSP or SIN or XSO?

Thanks.
Old 26-11-2011, 01:47 PM   #2139
Master Member

haha sorry la.. cuz SGN price is quite exp so got to make sure everything is swee swee before i jump the gun.
Don't worry, so far I haven't heard of ppl jumping back to iOS after coming to Android
Old 26-11-2011, 01:51 PM   #2140

I've asked this before but I would just like to clarify. I got a starhub set with pre installed starhub apps. I'm using Singtel so I have to flash it to Singtel rom or stock Samsung rom. I use the *#272*imei method and understand that I have to choose XSP for default or SIN/XSO for Singtel.

Qn is I tried XSP and SIN but found there's no difference. SIN also don't have any Singtel apps le. I thought supposed to have? So qn is which should I use? XSP or SIN or XSO?

Thanks.
Can those who bought from non telco try this and let me know what is your csc code of your phone?
Old 26-11-2011, 01:51 PM   #2141

i jumped for using iphone previously and i tell you i never look back.

One thing you have to take note is that you will keeping wanting to look at the galaxy note beautiful screen non stop
Old 26-11-2011, 01:52 PM   #2142

Can those who bought from non telco try this and let me know what is your csc code of your phone?
I brought from starhub. csc code is STH but i change it to XSP
Old 26-11-2011, 02:01 PM   #2143
Master Member

exp?? its still cheaper than fruity 16gb
Old 26-11-2011, 02:02 PM   #2144

Thanks for replying. I noticed between XSP and SIN, the only difference is market. The look is different. What other different is there? So I using Singtel, should use sin or XSP? Cos sin also dun have preintall Singtel apps. So looks the same as XSP. Phones who are not from telcos like those sold from mobilequare etc are all from Samsung and so all XSP?
Old 26-11-2011, 02:04 PM   #2145

Thanks for replying. I noticed between XSP and SIN, the only difference is market. The look is different. What other different is there? So I using Singtel, should use sin or XSP? Cos sin also dun have preintall Singtel apps. So looks the same as XSP. Phones who are not from telcos like those sold from mobilequare etc are all from Samsung and so all XSP?
Sorry i unable to answer to your question. I think let the expert answer you better. Initally i unable to do any update. After i change the csc code to XSP i am able to update to KK1 version.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.