Old 28-11-2011, 06:25 PM   #2401
Arch-Supremacy Member

letting go original flipcase..pm
Old 28-11-2011, 06:35 PM   #2402
Arch-Supremacy Member

bro, xmas is almost a month away....
Actually less than a month...
Old 28-11-2011, 06:45 PM   #2403

Cant find the solution for this. Using pop3 mail setup and still email were deleted the next day... Anyone can help????

It did not work. The mail just gone again.

Last edited by sumkong; 28-11-2011 at 08:41 PM.. Reason: not working
Old 28-11-2011, 06:45 PM   #2404

Yeah I've figured out how to move pictures.. Thanks for answering. Too bad it works only for imported pictures.

I'm still looking for a way to move whatever i've doodled.. For example I drew a picture or word then decide to move it around the screen...
may be a lame way that im suggesting.
aft u doodled, recapture the screen and put on another memo =x
Old 28-11-2011, 08:10 PM   #2405

ok, so far my emails were not deleted since last night. I unchecked the sync option in the settings>account & sync>auto sync. Hope i am right. Keeping my fingers crossed till tomorrow.
OK...thks for sharing. I just unchecked the auto sync and we see hw tomorrow.
Old 28-11-2011, 08:15 PM   #2406
Arch-Supremacy Member

Weird...my emails are set to auto synched, but never encountered deleted mails.

Last edited by otaku7; 28-11-2011 at 08:18 PM..
Old 28-11-2011, 08:30 PM   #2407
Supremacy Member

Anybody feel that the haptic feedback abit weird? Home button too. . . Gives me the feeling of fibgernail scratching on metal feeling
Old 28-11-2011, 08:43 PM   #2408

Brother, it did not work. Suspect after opening and downloaded the mail from the PC, it auto delete.
Old 28-11-2011, 09:03 PM   #2409
Arch-Supremacy Member

are your accounts set as pop?
Old 28-11-2011, 09:09 PM   #2410
Arch-Supremacy Member

bros i think i found your problem...
its pop3 and android problem. see the quote:

After several weeks of frustration, I have finally identified and tested the problem.

It is not a bug, but an intentional change in the behaviour of the Android operating system with POP3 email.

First, most users of mobile devices do not delete the mail on the POP3 email server because they need to also download it onto their PC or laptop as a permanent record. Further, when email is downloaded on the PC or laptop, most users will configure the email client to delete the email on the server after it is downloaded.

In Android 2.1, the phone simply downloaded email from a POP3 email box and left it on the phone regardless of the status of the mail on the POP3 mail server. The user was responsible for managing the email in In Box of the phone manually or with the automatic settings to purge after a set time or number of emails.

In Froyo Android 2.2, some "genius" at Google/Android decided that instead of leaving it up to the user to decide how long to keep email in the phone, the "In Box" should automatically "mirror" the status of the email on the POP3 email server.

So whan a refresh is performed either automaically or manually the phone performs the following steps:

1. It checks all of the exsiting email in the phone's In Box against the mail on the POP3 email server, and if it cannot find the coresponding email on the server, it deletes it from the phone's In Box.

2. It then downloads all email in in the POP3 email server which has not been previously downloaded.

So the effect is that the phon'e In Box now "mirrors" the email on the POP3 email server

If the user downloads all email from the POP3 email server into their PC or laptop and automatically deletes the emails after download, the next "refresh" on the Android device will delete all of the email in the phone's In Box because there is now no email on the POP3 email server.

As TomP739 has pointed out, the workaround is to confirgure the email client on the PC or laptop to leave the mail on the server and manually delete the email at periodic intervals. This is of course inconvienient to the extreme.

One can only guess as to what the Android develpoers where thinking/smoking when they concieved of this stupid "feature enahancement". They obviously do not live in the real world where even though email has been downloaded to a PC or laptop and deleted from the server, a user may still need to reference email at a later time on the road and not able to access the PC or laptop.

This is also an example of poor software enhancement practice. Best practice is to never remove an existing feature, but to add a new feature as an option. In this case, it might suit some users to have the In Box track the POP3 email server, but most existing users do not want this. The way this should have been implemented is to create another user configuration setting to enable or disable this behaviour. The default should always be the previous behaviour and the new "feature" can be promoted as "here is another great new option if it works for you".

As I own an HTC Desire, I intend to persue this through the HTC Support system and see if they can put pressure on Google/Android to provide a fix. Now that we know what the problem is, it would useful for others to complain to their cellphone manufactuer to put pressure on Android.
Old 28-11-2011, 09:10 PM   #2411
Arch-Supremacy Member

pasted your SGP SP already?
Old 28-11-2011, 09:17 PM   #2412
Arch-Supremacy Member

Thanks to webbyboy for the SGP MO. The SP is very good. Can really tell the difference!
Old 28-11-2011, 09:21 PM   #2413
Arch-Supremacy Member

another solution for those with email problem...
use k9 client...
Old 28-11-2011, 09:26 PM   #2414

pasted your SGP SP already?
Nt yet. Will do it later.
Old 28-11-2011, 09:29 PM   #2415

bros i think i found your problem...
its pop3 and android problem. see the quote:
Thks for the information. So its actually the software problem not our phone setting problem
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.