HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Samsung Galaxy Note thread, a phone so big smaller phones orbits around it

Like Tree256Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-11-2011, 09:13 AM   #31

Think I can still get it at far east plaza tonight?
Yeah I hear still got quite a lot of stock around.

Very itchy...gianess at high gear!
You dun say itchy lar, last night SMS for price comparison liao. Most likely buying this weekend is it.

trying to tempt me ah.. it's too big for my liking bah.. or else i would have joined u at mobyshop yesterday already.. haha... shall hold for Galaxy Tab 7.7 to replace my 10.1 next year (let's hope samsung gets it out soon, which is not their speciality)

they should consider having the stylus writting functionality into their tablets too leh, can fight with HTC's flyer anytime!
Yeah, I REALLY hope this is the start of a beautiful relationship between tablet companies and Wacom. Seriously, even after SO MANY YEARS, no other company can fight Wacom's inductive technology for styluses. Other companies have tried but all fail also. Magnetic screens are also good but the parts required is expensive. In the end Wacom still wins.

Tablet + Wacom = Epic win
Old 17-11-2011, 09:13 AM   #32

yap, my phone always alone in the pocket. besides keys, coins also another main culprit
Tsk, why got so many doraemons here.
Old 17-11-2011, 09:19 AM   #33

Thanxs. Me still in old era of phone, now on E72. So want to ask, glass is quite resistent to scratching, so can i presume the fortified glass should be ok without a film protector? I mean for daily use, not go bang or scratch the phone intentionally Me not a fan of SP.
Gorilla Glass is a brand name by a company called Corning. It's a super hardened glass called aluminosilicate (or smthg). Samsung buys and installs Gorilla Glass in most of their flagship phones including Note and Galaxy SII.

Apple does not buy from Corning instead they engineer and manufacture their on aluminosilicate glass in-house (Apple has the tendency to not being too reliant on a single supplier)...

So essentially the glass in iPhone 4/ iPads and SGN/ SGS2 is the same, but from different manufacturer. People who claim iPhone's glass is inferior to Samsung's or vice versa probably got their facts wrong... I have been using my iPad naked and so far does not have a single scratch at all (unless my eyes fool me..). So it's up to your preference and getting SP provides peace of mind to certain ppl.

Last edited by Ribeye; 17-11-2011 at 09:25 AM..
Old 17-11-2011, 09:21 AM   #34

Yeah I hear still got quite a lot of stock around.

You dun say itchy lar, last night SMS for price comparison liao. Most likely buying this weekend is it.

Yeah, I REALLY hope this is the start of a beautiful relationship between tablet companies and Wacom. Seriously, even after SO MANY YEARS, no other company can fight Wacom's inductive technology for styluses. Other companies have tried but all fail also. Magnetic screens are also good but the parts required is expensive. In the end Wacom still wins.

Tablet + Wacom = Epic win
That's great!I cannot wait anymore.can pm me which shop the cheapest? Can peas me the phone number? Want to book mine
Old 17-11-2011, 09:27 AM   #35

Rooted and flashed to latest HK rom 2.3.6 ZSKK1. Go launcher bit laggy (just a little). Overall its just like a huge SGS2 to me
Old 17-11-2011, 09:27 AM   #36

not launching tomoro, probably nxt week
Really? Is the telco delay confirmed?
Old 17-11-2011, 09:34 AM   #37
Supremacy Member

Sigh..this is childhood all over again. My friends all getting new toys and I'm standing at the sidelines with my parents saying what I have is "good enough, now stop thinking and go do your homework"
Old 17-11-2011, 09:35 AM   #38

I still dont know how to assemble the
Adapter clip to the charger, any tips?
Old 17-11-2011, 09:37 AM   #39

Cnet asia reports that the launch postponed to 24th nov
Old 17-11-2011, 09:39 AM   #40

https://www.singtelshop.com/roadshow/
F5 this site every hour.
Old 17-11-2011, 09:41 AM   #41
Arch-Supremacy Member

u use which tool to root?

Rooted and flashed to latest HK rom 2.3.6 ZSKK1. Go launcher bit laggy (just a little). Overall its just like a huge SGS2 to me
Old 17-11-2011, 09:47 AM   #42

Gorilla Glass is a brand name by a company called Corning. It's a super hardened glass called aluminosilicate (or smthg). Samsung buys and installs Gorilla Glass in most of their flagship phones including Note and Galaxy SII.

Apple does not buy from Corning instead they engineer and manufacture their on aluminosilicate glass in-house (Apple has the tendency to not being too reliant on a single supplier)...

So essentially the glass in iPhone 4/ iPads and SGN/ SGS2 is the same, but from different manufacturer. People who claim iPhone's glass is inferior to Samsung's or vice versa probably got their facts wrong... I have been using my iPad naked and so far does not have a single scratch at all (unless my eyes fool me..). So it's up to your preference and getting SP provides peace of mind to certain ppl.
Thanxs for your info
Old 17-11-2011, 09:48 AM   #43

Now SGN has been given a new class of identity. Phoneblet!

Last paragraph in

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_gala...view-676p6.php
Old 17-11-2011, 09:51 AM   #44

Aw this is disappointing. Will be mashing my F5 furiously on the Singtel site.

Also, having read the GSMArena review, I'm not sure what to make of the Yamaha codec. Everyone else says it's bad except for them, and if I'm not wrong, they did include the Galaxy Tab P1000, with the Wolfson DAC, in the comparison:
http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_gala...view-676p8.php
Old 17-11-2011, 10:01 AM   #45
Master Member

That's rubbish la or just their set. Mine is so loud.

GSMARENA review

Loudspeaker and voicecall volumes below average. Hmm...
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.