HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Samsung Galaxy Note thread, a phone so big smaller phones orbits around it

Like Tree256Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-01-2012, 10:15 PM   #5911
Arch-Supremacy Member

Did you turn your iPhone 4's 3G off? Because the same goes for Note.

And you need to watch what app you install. Some are just downright "blood" suckers, especially those that run in the background and startup without you ever knowing.
3G is always ON on my Iphone 4. Always...even when i sleep

I dont know what is sucking it though, I installed Juice defender and CPU spy and also lower the brightness of the screen, it does seems to help,
Old 18-01-2012, 10:17 PM   #5912
Supremacy Member

ta ma de.. bought the sygic for 26sgd.. then it keep freeze after initialize and connecting..

Only to solve it is to delete the settings2.dat file in the aura/android file..

Wah piang.. pek cek of this thing liao..
Old 18-01-2012, 10:19 PM   #5913
Arch-Supremacy Member

guys ask you all ah, any ways to limit the vibration of the Note notification ?

meaning example whatsapp, i want it to vibrate for group chat but the vibration seems longer (again i am comparing to iphone, as i am previous user of it), no setting to shorten vibration ?
Old 18-01-2012, 10:43 PM   #5914
Master Member

I dont know what is sucking it though, I installed Juice defender and CPU spy and also lower the brightness of the screen, it does seems to help,
Ok. Teach you what I do. May or may not help.

Install a startup manager. Pick a free one out from market. Remove some of your own installed apps from the startup, and the system startups.

I stop remote software update (or something like that) in the system from starting up and that helped a lot!

Removing apps from startup just mean that they don't get to start when your device boot up/restart. Just like Windows. They can still work but just not on demand.

Whatsapp is a known vampire.

Last edited by darknez; 18-01-2012 at 10:46 PM..
Old 18-01-2012, 10:43 PM   #5915
Master Member

guys ask you all ah, any ways to limit the vibration of the Note notification ?

meaning example whatsapp, i want it to vibrate for group chat but the vibration seems longer (again i am comparing to iphone, as i am previous user of it), no setting to shorten vibration ?
Not that I noticed.
Old 18-01-2012, 10:46 PM   #5916

These steps have saved me battery:
1. Install betterbattery (1 word) frm market
2. Charge ur battery to full, and leave the phone discharged overnight
3. The next day, check betterbattery under Partial Wakelock. You'll be able to i dentify which is the culprit of ur battery drain!

In my case, after updated Samsung App to the latest, i noticed my batt drain faster. Then followed the steps above, found out that one of the Samsung App component go rogue keep running on the background. Immediately UNINSTALL and it's gone forever together with my battery drain issue.

Now batt is per normal but making sure i run betterbattery once in awhile to keep watch.
Old 18-01-2012, 10:56 PM   #5917
Arch-Supremacy Member

3. The next day, check betterbattery under Partial Wakelock. You'll be able to i dentify which is the culprit of ur battery drain!

In my case, after updated Samsung App to the latest, i noticed my batt drain faster. Then followed the steps above, found out that one of the Samsung App component go rogue keep running on the background. Immediately UNINSTALL and it's gone forever together with my battery drain issue.

Now batt is per normal but making sure i run betterbattery once in awhile to keep watch.
what is that particular samsung app ??
Old 18-01-2012, 10:58 PM   #5918
Arch-Supremacy Member

Ok. Teach you what I do. May or may not help.

Install a startup manager. Pick a free one out from market. Remove some of your own installed apps from the startup, and the system startups.

I stop remote software update (or something like that) in the system from starting up and that helped a lot!

Removing apps from startup just mean that they don't get to start when your device boot up/restart. Just like Windows. They can still work but just not on demand.

Whatsapp is a known vampire.
Ok

whatsapp is constantly staying connected thus a vamp. like skype, ebuddy,

whatsapp is a must though
Old 18-01-2012, 11:00 PM   #5919

what is that particular samsung app ??
I forgot. It has unfamiliar name. So i went to google it and found some ppl in xda also complaining battery drain caused by this process after updating Samsung App...

Edit: btw I'm not talking about a particular app I downloaded. It was THE Samsung App app that comes pre-installed in your phone. After updating that app to the latest, the batt drain occurred...

Last edited by Ribeye; 18-01-2012 at 11:03 PM..
Old 18-01-2012, 11:03 PM   #5920
Master Member

Ok

whatsapp is constantly staying connected thus a vamp. like skype, ebuddy,

whatsapp is a must though
So just leave it alone then. But prevent all others that you've installed from launching.
Old 18-01-2012, 11:25 PM   #5921
Master Member

You mean betterbatterystats?
Old 18-01-2012, 11:25 PM   #5922
Master Member

Just compared my Note to my friend's, and a shop display set. Mine has _terrible_ banding.

What has been seen cannot be unseen... jin emo
Old 18-01-2012, 11:34 PM   #5923
Arch-Supremacy Member

So just leave it alone then. But prevent all others that you've installed from launching.
yea...........
Old 18-01-2012, 11:35 PM   #5924

Just compared my Note to my friend's, and a shop display set. Mine has _terrible_ banding.

erm, what you mean by terrible banding
Old 18-01-2012, 11:36 PM   #5925

Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.