Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Samsung Galaxy Note thread, a phone so big smaller phones orbits around it

Like Tree256Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-02-2012, 08:07 PM   #6706
Arch-Supremacy Member

Old 16-02-2012, 09:49 PM   #6707

How to arrange SIM card contacts in Alphabetical order & how to back up my note?

Hi! all. May i know how can i arrange my SIM card contacts in Alphabetical order? my SIM card was previously used on an iphone 3GS. recently changed it onto the galaxy note but noticed that my contacts are not in alphabetical order. Also infront of every contact there's this '1/' thingy. i have not copied my sim contacts onto the phone & would prefer not to. Also how can i backup my note? Previously when i used iphone, i used itunes to backup my phone. now not sure how to backup using android.
Old 16-02-2012, 10:39 PM   #6708

Hi all,

May someone suggest some convincing reason to switch from ip4s to note?

I have been on iphone since 3>3gs>4>4s. Had a small break in between as i'm tempted to try out android. The one and only last and bad experience was with HTC Incredible S. It wasn't what i want and i switched to 4s within 6 months.

Is it a good option to replace iphone+ipad combination?

Well, the reason i like note coz of it's big screen, huge battery and the "2in1" function. But i'm afraid to do the switch yet as it might turn out to be another disappointment. My nature of job is self-employ salesman =) if it matters.
Old 16-02-2012, 10:47 PM   #6709
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi all,

I have been on iphone since 3>3gs>4>4s. Had a small break in between as i'm tempted to try out android. The one and only last and bad experience was with HTC Incredible S. It wasn't what i want and i switched to 4s within 6 months.

Well, the reason i like note coz of it's big screen, huge battery and the "2in1" function. But i'm afraid to do the switch yet as it might turn out to be another disappointment. My nature of job is self-employ salesman =) if it matters.
Old 16-02-2012, 10:50 PM   #6710
Master Member

What do you hope to achieve with the Note ?

The battery isnt like exceptionally huge - the bigger capacity is to accommodate the larger screen and processor.
Old 16-02-2012, 10:53 PM   #6711

Hi all,

Its really what you want really...I find it a great device for both work and fun...nice big screen for movies and gps...and certain documents that are allowed by company to have electronic signature can be done right on it...but since I need legecy windows programs, I've ordered another windows tablet...

For your case...if both devices are jail-broken and both have 3g...y not use the ipad for work and calls while you can use the iphone for afterwork?? Just a thought.....
elsonhowx likes this.
Old 16-02-2012, 11:31 PM   #6712
Arch-Supremacy Member

elsonhow, u prefer to drive small automatic car or big manual car?
Old 16-02-2012, 11:53 PM   #6713
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi all,

if you have the moolah, get the ipad and a note. theres no such thing as too much big screens! Ipad to surf net (browsing experience is better imo) and watch movies and to do work. When its inconvenient to use ipad, use your note (eg watching movie in a crowded train). Note to play around/tweak, use for calls/whatsapp/sms. You'll get to use apps from both environments.If you use more of ipad and it has 3G, set your note to 2G all the time and your battery life gets even longer Having apps from the same environment will somehow make it troublesome/inconvenient at times, like when you play games, do you get the ipad or iphone version?

My opinion tho.
elsonhowx likes this.
Old 17-02-2012, 03:21 AM   #6714
High Supremacy Member

Hey guys...what do you think of this compatible battery listed in ebay ? safe ?

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices
Old 17-02-2012, 03:43 AM   #6715
Master Member

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices
Seriously? How many MacDonald's meals can you get for S$9.50?
Old 17-02-2012, 04:28 AM   #6716
High Supremacy Member

Seriously? How many MacDonald's meals can you get for S$9.50?
What do you mean ?

I got 2 original samsung battery at 2500 mah...

Im looking for something more powerful battery.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GOLD-3000MAH...item2c629be698

Still got this.

Last edited by billovee; 17-02-2012 at 04:34 AM..
Old 17-02-2012, 04:40 AM   #6717
Arch-Supremacy Member

there are dozens of batteries ranging from $5-$50. i guess what u pay for is the confidence. There's just no way to tell they are honestly good our inferior. General rule of thumb, dun get those that try to imitate the real thing.

i settled with 3 PCs of us$8 oem (yellow/orange label) batteries, and am please with it's 90% performance. With 2 battery chargers, and easily removable case without faceplate, never had to stay plugged in or docked. Happy with freedom.
Old 17-02-2012, 07:59 AM   #6718
Arch-Supremacy Member

Valentine

Old 17-02-2012, 10:10 AM   #6719

Any1 using note realises the home button sinks into the phone after only 2months usage?
Old 17-02-2012, 10:40 AM   #6720
Arch-Supremacy Member

Any1 using note realises the home button sinks into the phone after only 2months usage?
iirc some1 did reported this as well...wonder if pasting home sticker button will help
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.