Samsung Galaxy Note thread, a phone so big smaller phones orbits around it

Like Tree256Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-02-2012, 09:36 AM   #6796
Supremacy Member

anybody has a solution to the above?

have a few other questions as well :

1. whatsapp has a 12mb limitation for videos - i want to be able to send my hd videos to my contacts (usually over 70mb. size is not a problem as i'm on wifi). how do i overcome that without having to resize it?
install and signup to dropbox then just upload to dropbox and send the link to ur friend in whatsapp. dropbox is iOS friendly as well

2. as there is no search button (dedicated) on Note, how else can we use quick compose in Handcent sms?
long press menu button and u'll get search.
what do u mean by quick compose? widgets, via contact menu. shortcuts??

3. sometimes when i long hold the home button, the recent apps doesn't pop up. is that normal? i'm on rooted stock rom LA1.
release and press again?
Old 20-02-2012, 10:04 AM   #6797

imacbie : problem is creating the DB link requires the recipient to open it via the mobile browser and download it. for iphone users, i think they can't open the file after downloading (unless it's JBed)

quick compose = long hold search button pops up a compose window for me to send messages quickly to people. not talking about widgets/shortcuts. since the Note doesn't have dedicated search button, long holding home button can only launch Search but not Quick Compose ( no, Handcent does not allow u to remap the buttons )

3. doesn't work. i have to reboot the phone then it works again..

any suggestions for Gtasks?
Old 20-02-2012, 10:41 AM   #6798
Arch-Supremacy Member

yup. thats the one. selling at $299.

wonder how much is this

Old 20-02-2012, 10:41 AM   #6799
Supremacy Member

problem is creating the DB link requires the recipient to open it via the mobile browser and download it. for iphone users, i think they can't open the file after downloading (unless it's JBed)

one thing that i thought of is. you and your close friends can share a general account. all have access to it so everyone can grab things off it when u u/l

quick compose = long hold search button pops up a compose window for me to send messages quickly to people. not talking about widgets/shortcuts. since the Note doesn't have dedicated search button, long holding home button can only launch Search but not Quick Compose ( no, Handcent does not allow u to remap the buttons )
eh u've answered yourself no?

3. doesn't work. i have to reboot the phone then it works again..
unable to reproduce the event, so cant be of help.

any suggestions for Gtasks?
GTasks: To Do List | Task List ??

Last edited by imacbie; 20-02-2012 at 10:47 AM..
Old 20-02-2012, 10:44 AM   #6800
Supremacy Member

Any.Do is a good app for to do lists
Old 20-02-2012, 10:53 AM   #6801

regarding

quick compose : no, i'm looking for a workaround - e.g. i can assign long hold volume up button for quick compose messages, long hold down button for camera shutter etc.

Gtask : i was asking how do we natively sync our gmail tasks using S Planner, without the use of 3rd party apps.
Old 20-02-2012, 11:30 AM   #6802
Arch-Supremacy Member

This model?

price $299 looks reasonable but look a bit bulky
see samsung do come out a new design
Old 20-02-2012, 11:36 AM   #6803
Arch-Supremacy Member

i was wondering, does the note have a built in basic calendar like the default google one, or must we use s planner? I tried s planner but it seems like we must use kies to sync with google. I'd like to keep things simpler if possible.
NOTE special bcos of s planner / s MEMO why use other calendar?
Old 20-02-2012, 03:23 PM   #6804
Arch-Supremacy Member

Ours so different fr other countries like Taiwan................

Old 20-02-2012, 04:11 PM   #6805
Arch-Supremacy Member

Ouch!

google translated:

The reason for writing this article notes Galaxy Went straight on the display glass is cracked. it this is the second is simply dropped from waist height on the grounds .... again .... I'll ask people who are reading eagle or smart phone Carry your phone never have been dropped once by mistake are you? Drop it, I saw a lot of them. .... Until now, the display so easy to be broken is the first time ... so I suspect once to explain why. Galaxy notes that protects the display screen is larger and the glass itself, a decrease in strength compared to wide-screen did not fit? Or something they thought up to that part'm afraid that may be For the questions raised this question with is to convey to you my experience. Galaxy notes when you purchase, please consider this part well. the display is broken if it was not just 90 points out of 100 points on the score and want the model was , especially the Internet speed is uncertain? not kidding, and also in mind that what happened a multiway video calls! Which often use that this feature be able to hold it sometimes useful to think we can use that was the idea. multipoint video via Holland: Notes you want to make video calls if you select those notes in the display window of the cafe, many people can open the screen At the same time as possible is the ability to talk. reviews we've provided a summary of simple to use. the reason of the specification on the Internet anyway, a lot of notes will float due to attend, and have experienced respect, brackets do not have a lot of people like me are not, by mistake heotdonyi I wanted to be tempted to know that there is.
아*생각 그리* 일상....., :: 갤*시 노트의 아쉬운 걸작!!
Old 20-02-2012, 05:00 PM   #6806
Arch-Supremacy Member

Ours so different fr other countries like Taiwan................

did i hear 32gb version? or i guess is 16+16
Old 20-02-2012, 08:51 PM   #6807
Arch-Supremacy Member

i tried this, but i find it too kiddy liao
so uninstalled
Old 20-02-2012, 08:57 PM   #6808
Arch-Supremacy Member

i tried this, but i find it too kiddy liao
so uninstalled

Old 20-02-2012, 09:17 PM   #6809
Arch-Supremacy Member

how come your lockscreen got glitches one?
Old 20-02-2012, 09:35 PM   #6810

yups can charged. if wanna play files via the dock can choose to plug in or not plugged in also can, via bluetooth. so its like using yr fone as a remote.
Cool!
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.