HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Samsung Galaxy Note thread, a phone so big smaller phones orbits around it

Like Tree256Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-03-2012, 11:40 AM   #7576
Master Member

maybe somebody can tell me how to off the phone options totally....the one when u hold the side button for a while and would bring up a menu shortcut.
Old 20-03-2012, 11:42 AM   #7577
Arch-Supremacy Member

it happened to me too and i post the same problem few days back in this thread but seems that nobody got this problem.

however i noticed it only happened when i leave it in my front pocket. was wondering if the side "power" button was accidentally pressed instead because even in lock mode when u hold the side button for a few sec it will bring up the phone options, and one of the phone options is phone shut down.

however there are other phone options too like silent, 3G off etc....but they never got accidentally activated...only off phone option

so it comes back to the conclusion, my phone could be switched off by itself....but but but it so far like i said it only happened when i put the phone in my pocket.

need more people to confirm. my phone is barely 3 weeks old
When you place it in your pocket, is the screen facing your thigh or yourself, or is it facing outwards? Coz my old hd2 when I put in my front jeans pocket with the screen facing myself, it's sensitive enough to unlock by itself or hang up my calls due to the touchscreen sensitivity and my thigh
Old 20-03-2012, 11:46 AM   #7578
Master Member

When you place it in your pocket, is the screen facing your thigh or yourself, or is it facing outwards? Coz my old hd2 when I put in my front jeans pocket with the screen facing myself, it's sensitive enough to unlock by itself or hang up my calls due to the touchscreen sensitivity and my thigh
bro, i always insert my phone screen facing thigh, top of phone go down first.

u think its accidentally off too? hope so man
Old 20-03-2012, 12:11 PM   #7579
Arch-Supremacy Member

bro, i always insert my phone screen facing thigh, top of phone go down first.

u think its accidentally off too? hope so man
Well, because you said that it only happens in your pocket, so I suspect it's like that, is your pocket tight? After my hd2 and given the size of this phone, I normally hold it in my hands. Try holding it your hands for a few days to a week (omg that's quite long I know !) observe if it restarts or switches off. If yes means maybe is phone problem, if nothing bad happens probably means accidentally restart coz of the touchscreen and your thigh
Old 20-03-2012, 12:16 PM   #7580
Master Member

maybe somebody can tell me how to off the phone options totally....the one when u hold the side button for a while and would bring up a menu shortcut.
Widgetlocker can block that power dialog when the screen is locked.
Old 20-03-2012, 12:29 PM   #7581
victorlht88

Widgetlocker can block that power dialog when the screen is locked.
use the jkay mods.

Old 20-03-2012, 12:41 PM   #7582
Arch-Supremacy Member

4 mths nothing wrong, these few days auto shutdown. Cleared memory, no use. Suspect it's a malicious ahem app..dunno which.

(expired poweramp does hang phone momentarily b4 showing dialog)
Old 20-03-2012, 01:49 PM   #7583

my poweramp paid always crashes after about an hour of playing. the music suddenly goes 'crr crrr crrr' (x3) and then goes silent. Same thing every day. Is it a memory problem?
I have the same problem as well, but I am not so sure if mine has the "crr crr crr" part though. Once that happened, can't play music anymore. Have to kill the poweramp services.
Old 20-03-2012, 05:05 PM   #7584
Arch-Supremacy Member

Kennyboy! Recommend me some launchers! So many to choose from, used adw and go launcher before, I also blur.. Spoonfeed me please!
Old 20-03-2012, 05:11 PM   #7585
Arch-Supremacy Member

May I know why my phone only shows 800mb when using the widget application monitor? Thought note is 1024mb?
Old 20-03-2012, 05:24 PM   #7586

One more thing! Does your phone lag abit when scrolling down??

Last edited by redhairboy; 20-03-2012 at 05:30 PM..
Old 20-03-2012, 05:28 PM   #7587

stock internet may be abit slow, but not the the extend that i would blame the phone, i use opera mobile and it loads almost instantly (unless im in the tunnel or somewhere without good signal), i used dolphin HD previously and find opera faster. As for audio, well no offence but beats alone is bad enough. u can try other mp3 players like ttpod, PowerAMP or winamp pro. currently using winamp pro and i find their equalizer are the best among the 3.

i believe your phone has some problem, mine wakes up almost instantaneously.
So you suggest that I should install internet browser and install mp3 player?
Old 20-03-2012, 05:32 PM   #7588

Anyone can tell me what to do so my phone won't be so long lag?? Or happens to every android note?
Old 20-03-2012, 08:09 PM   #7589
Master Member

Anyone can tell me what to do so my phone won't be so long lag?? Or happens to every android note?
It only happened to those with redhair.

Ps: the awake lag in my note is negligible
Old 20-03-2012, 08:57 PM   #7590
Arch-Supremacy Member

Spoiler!

The plot twists and turns bizarre the Samsung Galaxy Note latest creative advertising film - - China Kaleidoscope

Last edited by Akai Ryu; 20-03-2012 at 09:00 PM..
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.