HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Samsung Galaxy Note thread, a phone so big smaller phones orbits around it

Like Tree256Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-04-2012, 01:46 PM   #8296
High Supremacy Member

Sound like virus. Why not download a anti-virus and try scanning!
Please do not alarm users. It is definitely not a virus. Anti virus for Android is CURRENTLY superfluous. There is no need for anti virus at this point in time. If you are not rooted, and only use official channels to get your apps, all the more you SHOULDN'T get anti virus. Do not be suckered by the anti virus companies.
The high data usage may be due to either a rogue or lousy coded app. Or it may be due to some user setting which user is unaware of.
If you suspect it's the Samsung E-mail app, I suggest you check the frequency of polling and set to never.
But are you sure it is the mail app that is causing this?
Old 22-04-2012, 02:00 PM   #8297
High Supremacy Member

hi guys,

my bro's note been having very sudden surge of data usage. checking from the bill record, there a 20480kb of data been used every few mins.

anyone else having this issue? kana overused of 20GB of data coz of this. help pls?
Did you by any chance just install any cloud storage apps like dropbox or sugarsyn? The initial sync may take up a lot of traffic of you sync your photos in your sd card or phone.
Old 22-04-2012, 03:02 PM   #8298
Arch-Supremacy Member

Did you by any chance just install any cloud storage apps like dropbox or sugarsyn? The initial sync may take up a lot of traffic of you sync your photos in your sd card or phone.
yup, not just initially, cloud app will upload as long as you have new pics or videos if enabled.
Old 22-04-2012, 10:28 PM   #8299
Supremacy Member

can recommend a data monitor app or any app that can can close opened apps etc ? preferably free. (sorry new to android)
two of the more downloaded ones

http://goo.gl/5HIQx

and

http://goo.gl/hA6mt
Old 22-04-2012, 10:42 PM   #8300

Btw, anyone using the note without screen protector? Is it really that tough to scratch the glass? Any feedback?
4 months in usage and no scratch at all.. i didnt drop my phone and my phone is always in my pocket when not in use.. i dun believe in pasting a sp over such a beautiful screen.
Old 22-04-2012, 10:53 PM   #8301
Supremacy Member

i download a traffic app for him, suspecting it the default samsung email account. it seem to be increasing data usage every min. i deleted all account associated with it. it still seem to be using data.

no one having similar issue?
its one of the apps you have installed.
how about a fresh install and monitor app by app instead ?
a little troublesome...

or there's a data monitor some where in android market
use that and monitor
Old 22-04-2012, 10:54 PM   #8302
Supremacy Member

4 months in usage and no scratch at all.. i didnt drop my phone and my phone is always in my pocket when not in use.. i dun believe in pasting a sp over such a beautiful screen.
thats what i said to my HTC Sensation. some how got a scratch on the screen
Old 22-04-2012, 10:57 PM   #8303
Supremacy Member

anyone has WiFi issues ? i have to manually disable wifi and enable it again to get connected.

Is there a workaround for this issue ?
Old 22-04-2012, 10:57 PM   #8304

thats what i said to my HTC Sensation. some how got a scratch on the screen
just have to take care of it i guess. i tried placing SGP ultra optics over it and removed it few days later. really dislike the matt screen.. next i tried normal sp bought from ebay thought better den ultra optics, but still not really good.. so end up going naked but of course, i take extra care of it.
Old 23-04-2012, 01:44 AM   #8305

Hi guys I'm planning to get this phone soon. May I know what are the things I should look out for when checking it at the counter?
And also are there any known common issues or expected problems with this phone?
I know I should search but I've tried reading many pages of this thread but it's 500+ pages!!!

Thanks for reading!
Old 23-04-2012, 06:52 AM   #8306
Banned

HI guys i'm getting my note delivered to my house today.

New user of android here and first time using note. Have not even held a note in my palm before.
Old 23-04-2012, 07:39 AM   #8307

I was doing some editing in the app drawer when I accidentally "removed" an app, think it was wavesecure. was it un-installed or just removed from app drawer? I can't seem to find the app under the manage apps controls now.
Old 23-04-2012, 07:59 AM   #8308
Master Member

May I noe the note will crash to homescreen when opening a large PDF or documents file?? Wan to throw my iphone3g to note coz of crash when opening large PDF n docs
Old 23-04-2012, 08:26 AM   #8309

Hi all, can note support dual sim cards? I have a sim from work... thks
Old 23-04-2012, 10:12 AM   #8310
Arch-Supremacy Member

i pasted a clear SP over my note, can hardly notice it.
weixiang80 likes this.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.