HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Samsung Galaxy S20: News and Discussions

Like Tree385Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2020, 08:57 AM   #1531
Supremacy Member

why no one else feedback on the battery of s20u?
1440p,dark mode , no debloat
battery is still a disappointment despite the screen is 0.3" smaller than mate 20 x
does it matter with other's feedback? you are using it already and with your own usage pattern, you still find it disappointing, then you should consider selling it and use back whatever phone you preferred lor.

i buy the phone knowing it's not going to have fantastic super ultra good battery life with the specs given. if the battery life is similar to n10+ den i'm contented. afterall it has better specs den n10+.
gapboy and garychengjw like this.

Last edited by athenodorus; 03-03-2020 at 08:59 AM..
athenodorus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 09:24 AM   #1532

I think outside shops selling 1788 with free buds plus. For s20u

Last edited by dappercivility; 03-03-2020 at 09:42 AM..
dappercivility is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 09:24 AM   #1533
Arch-Supremacy Member

does it matter with other's feedback? you are using it already and with your own usage pattern, you still find it disappointing, then you should consider selling it and use back whatever phone you preferred lor.

i buy the phone knowing it's not going to have fantastic super ultra good battery life with the specs given. if the battery life is similar to n10+ den i'm contented. afterall it has better specs den n10+.
Beg to differ bro. Better specs on paper yea but better performance i dont think so.

Same ufs 3.0, slightly better benchmark score but comparing exynos 990 and the sd855 version of n10+, performance of day to day operation is worst as shown in my previous video but definitely better then a local set exynos 9825 n10+ though

But paying a premium for s20u, as the "ultra" suggest, people wants "ultra" on every aspects on the phone though (battery life, performance, camera) . But having to pay 800 to 900 more just for the cameras and slightly better performance, i find it doesnt really justify though... Just my 2 cents
KeYoKe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 09:52 AM   #1534
Supremacy Member

Beg to differ bro. Better specs on paper yea but better performance i dont think so.

Same ufs 3.0, slightly better benchmark score but comparing exynos 990 and the sd855 version of n10+, performance of day to day operation is worst as shown in my previous video but definitely better then a local set exynos 9825 n10+ though

But paying a premium for s20u, as the "ultra" suggest, people wants "ultra" on every aspects on the phone though (battery life, performance, camera) . But having to pay 800 to 900 more just for the cameras and slightly better performance, i find it doesnt really justify though... Just my 2 cents
i'm definitely only going to compare to local sets, be it note10+ or s20u. so when i mean better specs, it is factually better than note10+.

and better specs doesn't mean it will have better battery life. some of these better specs (120hz frame rate, 240hz touch sensitivity, 8k recording, 5g etc) are known battery drainer so that bigger battery life is really just to cover these features. knowing all these, i won't expect s20u to still have ultra good battery life. decent at most.

of cos i have to agree price will affect one's expectation. if that's the case, do go for n10+. it's still a solid phone in 2020.
athenodorus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 09:54 AM   #1535
Arch-Supremacy Member

This is preorder period...3rd parties will not have til 6th Mar
don't forgot about people flipping telco set to ahbeng shop. that's why 3rd parties street shop selling it.
Old 03-03-2020, 09:55 AM   #1536

How to manage and register Samsung device(s) under one account?
shawnbright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 09:56 AM   #1537
Arch-Supremacy Member

i'm definitely only going to compare to local sets, be it note10+ or s20u. so when i mean better specs, it is factually better than note10+.

and better specs doesn't mean it will have better battery life. some of these better specs (120hz frame rate, 240hz touch sensitivity, 8k recording, 5g etc) are known battery drainer so that bigger battery life is really just to cover these features. knowing all these, i won't expect s20u to still have ultra good battery life. decent at most.

of cos i have to agree price will affect one's expectation. if that's the case, do go for n10+. it's still a solid phone in 2020.
yup as of right now the shots i see taken from s20u is really bad and looks blurry and washed out

really hope samsung buck up and release more firmware updates to improve the cameras so people owning the s20u will feel that their investments on the phone is well spent
Old 03-03-2020, 09:57 AM   #1538

Reading about services, how many years does Samsung support their phones?
Old 03-03-2020, 10:00 AM   #1539
Arch-Supremacy Member

How to manage and register Samsung device(s) under one account?
sign in your samsung account on all your samsung device. then the device will appear under that 1 account

if u mean warranty support, 1 year

if you mean software support, fast updates for maybe 1 year? after that will slow down as it reaches 2 year mark. after 2 years expect not much update or close to none unlike apple whom still constantly update their older device even after 3-4 years
shawnbright likes this.
Old 03-03-2020, 10:02 AM   #1540

sign in your samsung account on all your samsung device. then the device will appear under that 1 account

if u mean warranty support, 1 year

if you mean software support, fast updates for maybe 1 year? after that will slow down as it reaches 2 year mark. after 2 years expect not much update or close to none unlike apple whom still constantly update their older device even after 3-4 years
New Samsung user here and thank you so much for the help!
stanleyluilai likes this.
Old 03-03-2020, 10:08 AM   #1541

New Samsung user here and thank you so much for the help!
Welcome to the universe bro!
stanleyluilai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 10:12 AM   #1542
Arch-Supremacy Member

warranty support 1 year
Out of warranty support lifetime provided they still have their spare parts
Old 03-03-2020, 10:14 AM   #1543

warranty support 1 year
Out of warranty support lifetime provided they still have their spare parts
I think what he meant is the software support. Usually Samsung only support their phone up to 2 years, even galaxy note 8 are not receiving the Android 10
Raigar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 10:17 AM   #1544

i'm finding the fingerprint senor unreliable.
I had hard time registering my fingerprints and had to press hard to unlock my phone.
I have the samsung factory screen protector which i'm not sure if that is causing this.

anyone else experiencing the same?
ralph79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 10:19 AM   #1545
Arch-Supremacy Member

i'm finding the fingerprint senor unreliable.
I had hard time registering my fingerprints and had to press hard to unlock my phone.
I have the samsung factory screen protector which i'm not sure if that is causing this.

anyone else experiencing the same?
Your skin dry? Factory screen protector is the best in fingerprint detection rate. Fail detection maybe one time out of 30.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.