HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Samsung Galaxy S20: News and Discussions

Like Tree434Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-03-2020, 11:56 PM   #2851
Supremacy Member

Next update should fix the auto focus issue. Problem is, when. Lol.
athenodorus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2020, 12:01 AM   #2852
High Supremacy Member

my s20 + drain battery like siao.. anyone can help?
CCSWE + Naptime + Shizuku&AppOps Rikka

to prevent contant pinging by apps, u can use private DNS like nextdns.io

Use dark/night mode all the time for all apps, choose darker wallpapers with pure black pixels

these may help abit.

either way, im still holding on to my old note8 until they release flagship with SD

feel abit sad for samsung, stupid decisions (exynos) now lead to poorer sales, and this in turn affect resale price (slashing of prices barely a month later after release) = even poorer sales

vicious cycle really.
Oxygenatedwater likes this.
Ohayo! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2020, 12:10 AM   #2853

Note 9 is still at security patch level 1 Oct 2019. What is Samsung Singapore doing ? Sleeping ? Why should people buy S20 ???
idk are they doing this so we no choice upgrade yearly?
redhotchillipadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2020, 12:15 AM   #2854
Supremacy Member

to prevent contant pinging by apps, u can use private DNS like nextdns.io

Use dark/night mode all the time for all apps, choose darker wallpapers with pure black pixels

these may help abit.

either way, im still holding on to my old note8 until they release flagship with SD

feel abit sad for samsung, stupid decisions (exynos) now lead to poorer sales, and this in turn affect resale price (slashing of prices barely a month later after release) = even poorer sales

vicious cycle really.
$2000 flagship phone need so many user modifications for optimal battery life

idk are they doing this so we no choice upgrade yearly?
$1.5k at launch, zero update since October. Promised Android 10 in February, another promise broken. If its Note 9 now, maybe S20 will suffer the same fate few months later.
rabbit1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2020, 12:21 AM   #2855
High Supremacy Member

$2000 flagship phone need so many user modifications for optimal battery life

$1.5k at launch, zero update since October. Promised Android 10 in February, another promise broken. If its Note 9 now, maybe S20 will suffer the same fate few months later.
tbh lots of us knew whats was happening in the past few years. lot of warnings on exynos since s8 times.

i guess people who dont do their homework get shortchanged after spending the same dollars on a subpar model. cant really blame them though. as people mentioned, alot of the buyers are just ordinary people who expect samsung to give them "flagship" quality after paying this much.

now that they realise the problem, sammy wont be able to keep these people loyal to the brand.

now can only offer some help to get that little bit of improvement loh.
Old 21-03-2020, 12:26 AM   #2856
High Supremacy Member

firezero10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2020, 12:27 AM   #2857

Just saw this and wanted to post too. Exynos GPU still rubbish. Even the reviewer said omg when he saw 14 fps
Arandalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2020, 12:33 AM   #2858
High Supremacy Member

if you wish to go further, u can install brevent which free/stop background app from running.

also, restricting background usage for Android System in Apps can help prolong battery further.

note all this tips are kinda going deep so you might want to research abit before you start disabling stuff happily.

already using these apps on my note8, no issue. standby drain is excellent on a 2.5+ year old model (about 0.5~0.8% per h)
Old 21-03-2020, 12:34 AM   #2859
Supremacy Member

LOL. The reviewer chao stunned with the graphic frame rates from the Exynos set.

But don't disturb Exynos defenders liao, later they say every single person here sian of me talking about their dear Exynos. (although it seems not the case).
kashix and Oxygenatedwater like this.
rabbit1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2020, 12:57 AM   #2860

I do like Samsung as a brand, but I think the Samsung mobile division in Singapore specifically has gotten too complacent and treating Singapore consumers shabbily. Clearly seen from their business decisions to constantly give SG consumers the lower end Exynos processor (even HK and Taiwan are getting Snapdragon, why not us), and with the S20 launch giving us low storage options whilst still continuing to charge premium prices. Not to mention slower updates relative to others in the region.

Nobody wants to complain for complaining sake, but it does serve its purpose of getting more consumers to realise they are getting the short end of the stick. This hopefully will cause more to vote with their feet and hurting Samsung SG where it hurts - in their sales numbers. This will inevitably cause them to offer more competitive products and prices - benefiting us consumers in the long term. And that is a good thing.
plsdunbiteme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2020, 01:41 AM   #2861
Supremacy Member

Samsung Singapore GM or CEO should be fired !
should start by firing their SG marketing, still can say Exynos very good, specially designed for S20 really, if say that to me, I point middle finger in his face already nb
kashix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2020, 02:17 AM   #2862

should start by firing their SG marketing, still can say Exynos very good, specially designed for S20 really, if say that to me, I point middle finger in his face already nb

From 3:18 onwards Chua Khim Guan is your guy
https://www.linkedin.com/in/khim-guan-chua-95b3b54

Last edited by Arandalo; 21-03-2020 at 02:25 AM..
Arandalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2020, 02:19 AM   #2863

You’re so humorous...

Aiyo, chill and Think about it,
HQ (Korea) & product issue mandate: the usual exynos for Sg once again.

What can marketing do?
Go tell people their chips are inferior? They will be gone before they even attempt

Marketing’s purpose is to market, sugarcoat, mindshare and help sell, no?

Last edited by altca4; 21-03-2020 at 02:27 AM..
altca4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2020, 02:36 AM   #2864
Supremacy Member

You’re so humorous...

Aiyo, chill and Think about it,
HQ (Korea) & product issue mandate: the usual exynos for Sg once again.

What can marketing do?
Go tell people their chips are inferior? They will be gone before they even attempt

Marketing’s purpose is to market, sugarcoat, mindshare and help sell, no?
There’s a difference between marketing and lying straight through your teeth, no?

Moi ish not humorous, moi ish jin dulan so moi choose not to buy by voting with my wallet. This is the most direct answer to Samsung.

From 3:18 onwards Chua Khim Guan is your guy
https://www.linkedin.com/in/khim-guan-chua-95b3b54
If I'm VJ, when he say the exynos enhancement, I think I'll laughed out damn hard. What kind of enhancement are you talking about? The Exynos 990 is at least 2 generations behind Snapdragon bro LOL

Finally Exynos surpass the level of Snapdragon 845. Oh wait.. That's two years backward.

Last edited by kashix; 21-03-2020 at 02:52 AM..
kashix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2020, 05:05 AM   #2865
Arch-Supremacy Member

I do like Samsung as a brand, but I think the Samsung mobile division in Singapore specifically has gotten too complacent and treating Singapore consumers shabbily. Clearly seen from their business decisions to constantly give SG consumers the lower end Exynos processor (even HK and Taiwan are getting Snapdragon, why not us), and with the S20 launch giving us low storage options whilst still continuing to charge premium prices. Not to mention slower updates relative to others in the region.

Nobody wants to complain for complaining sake, but it does serve its purpose of getting more consumers to realise they are getting the short end of the stick. This hopefully will cause more to vote with their feet and hurting Samsung SG where it hurts - in their sales numbers. This will inevitably cause them to offer more competitive products and prices - benefiting us consumers in the long term. And that is a good thing.
I'd honestly really like to see this happen.

Like if all of us consumers can come together and not only boycott Samsung, but make it publicly known our distaste for their treatment towards Singaporeans.

Ads? Facebook comments?

I feel it has to be a targeted effort though.
It's like every past year it simply dies down and Samsung just tries to pull the same **** all over again.
shawniiex is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.