Samsung Galaxy S20: News and Discussions

1982-1994

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Wow so jialat my last xperia phone was Z3 series back in 2014-15

lch920619x

Reaction score
i just recon at singtel retail, xo78 at monthly $60 after cis discount and pay $388 for the find x2 pro.
I think it's very good deal.
FindX2pro is better than Exynos S20Ultra in almost every way, only not as good as the sd S20Ultra for battery life

KeYoKe

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Same lor. I need to beg a few shops if they wanted the xperia 1. Nobody takes in except rwm. I'm the first person to bring in xperia 1 for them to sell haha.

Sent from Samsung SM-G988N using GAGT

They dont even want to take mine. I sold mine off to mobilehardware lol. Low price too. 1 time enough liao :s13:

iori12

Reaction score
I think it's very good deal.
FindX2pro is better than Exynos S20Ultra in almost every way, only not as good as the sd S20Ultra for battery life

i think is a very good deal too. starhub selling for 900+ retail and 700+ online for the same combo plan range for find x2 pro.

no choice, sg is exynos. i am the guy who feel safer with warranty, and the weight feel good. some cons are shorter sot and no wireless charging which i dont find a big deal as i think wireless charging technology have not mature yet. anw there is no perfect phone. so i quite happy with the set.

Nevereatrice

Honorary Member
Reaction score
If recon the I recommend FindX2Pro over Exynos S20Ultra

Samsung ready to start manufacturing 5nm Exynos chips in August

Samsung has been developing its 5nm EUV process for the past few months, and now reports from South Korea reveal the manufacturer is ready for mass production to start. ZDNet revealed the next chip will be called Exynos 992, and Samsung Electronics has the final say whether the platform will arrive with the Galaxy Note20 smartphone lineup in August.

Samsung factory in Hwaseong, South Korea

The Exynos 992 will use ARM’s Cortex-A78 CPU cores and Mali-G78 GPU architecture. In theory, this would mean 20% more efficiency of the processor, compared with the existin Cortex-A77 on the Exynos 990, while the graphics unit will offer 25% better performance than the Mali-G77. ARM confirmed the Cortex-A78 will be used in chipsets built on a 5nm process that is also being developed by the Taiwanese Semiconductor Manufacturing Company (TSMC).

According to industry insiders, Samsung might use the Exynos 992 chipset only for Galaxy Note20 smartphones at home, while pushing all overseas models with Snapdragon chipset. That way Samsung will demonstrate its powers in the Foundry and System LSI divisions in an attempt to lure companies to switch from its Taiwanese rival.

Source*(in Korean)

I think I wait for note 20 :love:

jackycar

Master Member
Reaction score
Samsung ready to start manufacturing 5nm Exynos chips in August

Samsung has been developing its 5nm EUV process for the past few months, and now reports from South Korea reveal the manufacturer is ready for mass production to start. ZDNet revealed the next chip will be called Exynos 992, and Samsung Electronics has the final say whether the platform will arrive with the Galaxy Note20 smartphone lineup in August.

Samsung factory in Hwaseong, South Korea

The Exynos 992 will use ARM’s Cortex-A78 CPU cores and Mali-G78 GPU architecture. In theory, this would mean 20% more efficiency of the processor, compared with the existin Cortex-A77 on the Exynos 990, while the graphics unit will offer 25% better performance than the Mali-G77. ARM confirmed the Cortex-A78 will be used in chipsets built on a 5nm process that is also being developed by the Taiwanese Semiconductor Manufacturing Company (TSMC).

According to industry insiders, Samsung might use the Exynos 992 chipset only for Galaxy Note20 smartphones at home, while pushing all overseas models with Snapdragon chipset. That way Samsung will demonstrate its powers in the Foundry and System LSI divisions in an attempt to lure companies to switch from its Taiwanese rival.

Source*(in Korean)

I think I wait for note 20 :love:

Here we go again.. Their process doesn't translate to performance in the last few gens one.. Go Google the press releases of the S20's exynos processor before launch. Also similar hype and Bs..

How many times we gonna get smoked by Samsung

aang1971

Banned
Reaction score
Was originally thinking of changing my find x2 pro cos of screen sensitivity issue

Now it's fixed with A17 firmware

Was told night shot now way better than S20 ultra

Ye_Rongtian

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Same lor. I need to beg a few shops if they wanted the xperia 1. Nobody takes in except rwm. I'm the first person to bring in xperia 1 for them to sell haha.

Sent from Samsung SM-G988N using GAGT

Phones which are not sold in teleco lose the most when selling 2nd hand. Gone are the days of exotic phones like Sharp flip phone commanding a premium.

Angtehkor

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dunno why Samsung keep selling exynos set to Singapore while other countries get Snapdragon set.

Nevereatrice

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Here we go again.. Their process doesn't translate to performance in the last few gens one.. Go Google the press releases of the S20's exynos processor before launch. Also similar hype and Bs..

How many times we gonna get smoked by Samsung

Hope it's not a hype this time. 5nm is superior tech then 7nm. It will improve battery life

KeYoKe

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hope it's not a hype this time. 5nm is superior tech then 7nm. It will improve battery life

Yes it is. Exynos 9825 and exynos 990 is 7nm too no? Is just samsung screw up :s13:

Poor optimization of the 7nm, you are better off 10nm with a better optimization

KeYoKe

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Was originally thinking of changing my find x2 pro cos of screen sensitivity issue

Now it's fixed with A17 firmware

Was told night shot now way better than S20 ultra

If its not broken dont fix it lo...

Nevereatrice

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Yes it is. Exynos 9825 and exynos 990 is 7nm too no? Is just samsung screw up :s13:

Poor optimization of the 7nm, you are better off 10nm with a better optimization

Yes exynos destroyed many good phones by Samsung like s20u and note 10 plus...

sstimo

Reaction score
Q10 having promo now, $1189 after 80 discount for korean s20 ultra 12/256gb sd 865.. So cheap now..

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.