Samsung Galaxy S20: News and Discussions

Computeron

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hahaha how is their US set from HK? Makes no sense luh.
They parallel import from USA.
Then if anything I feel is like ahbeng shop ownself fix for customers lo. Rather than an official samsung service centre

i think they have shops in hk selling US set. so is coming HK n not US directly.
i dont think they will fix.. if they offer to fix for u on the spot u want ah? hahaha like risky..
if in the meantime i no phone... i think i will take this choice than send back to hk.

aya give me a min. i go PM them.. hahahahah

Wzierbovsky

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mine was the T-Mobile S20+ set from Monmart, sealed, with the microSD card slot. Around one month of use now, and very happy with it.

The Monmart seller is responsive when you message him, and from what someone else has shared in this thread, apparently will refund if you get something which isn't what was promised. Trick however is to be exact in what your expectations are. If you can't get an exact assurance from him about what the set will be e.g. must have microSD card slot, sealed set, then best you don't order then.

Were they both Tmobile sets?

Feeling uneasy about buying from monmart. One of their previous buyers received verizon set, which may (?) have no SD card slot. Article states it's for S20 though, not S20+.

Monmart has no way to guarantee what US set the buyer will be getting. It's random.

bratpig

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have off all notifications on my phone, saved for messaging apps.

However, I have been experiencing phantom notifications every now and then. There will be notification sounds. But, there's nothing. Nothing at all

Just wondering if anybody is facing the same issue?

Thanks

Computeron

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hahaha how is their US set from HK? Makes no sense luh.
They parallel import from USA.
Then if anything I feel is like ahbeng shop ownself fix for customers lo. Rather than an official samsung service centre

they replied,"Serious problem, need to return to Hong Kong."

samgoh87

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have off all notifications on my phone, saved for messaging apps.

However, I have been experiencing phantom notifications every now and then. There will be notification sounds. But, there's nothing. Nothing at all

Just wondering if anybody is facing the same issue?

Thanks

My previous note 9 and current note 10 plus also same same.. couldn't locate which app is causing this. Sighhhhh

noinimod

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mine was the T-Mobile S20+ set from Monmart, sealed, with the microSD card slot. Around one month of use now, and very happy with it.

The Monmart seller is responsive when you message him, and from what someone else has shared in this thread, apparently will refund if you get something which isn't what was promised. Trick however is to be exact in what your expectations are. If you can't get an exact assurance from him about what the set will be e.g. must have microSD card slot, sealed set, then best you don't order then.
Sounds good. Thanks for sharing! Glad to know you're enjoying your set

bratpig

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My previous note 9 and current note 10 plus also same same.. couldn't locate which app is causing this. Sighhhhh

Use Samsung app 'Nice Catch'

ok thanks bruhs. I go try

Edited: nice catch caught nothing. There were 2 notification sounds. But nothing

fo0xHaNl.jpg

I think my next phone will not be a Samsung anymore. It's getting irritating

Last edited:

samgoh87

Reaction score
ok thanks bruhs. I go try

Edited: nice catch caught nothing. There were 2 notification sounds. But nothing

fo0xHaNl.jpg

I think my next phone will not be a Samsung anymore. It's getting irritating

I tried using that app too but nth was detected at all. So I gave up trying lol.

Aikon

Reaction score

Try Settings. Accessibility. Hearing Enhancements. Then choose Mute All Sounds.

Then exit and clear all apps.

Then go in again and turn off Mute All Sounds.

It should stop the random sounds. I had this problem with a Note 9 before and that cleared it. Hope it works for the S20 too.

Last edited:

bratpig

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

It should stop the random sounds. I had this problem with a Note 9 before and that cleared it. Hope it works for the S20 too.

Wah pro. thanks:D

Aikon

Reaction score
Wah pro. thanks:D

No problem.

Also one more thing that can cause this is also in the Accessibility settings.

Under Advanced settings. Notification Reminders.

If it is set, then certain apps will also cause a notification Reminder eg every 3 min etc. There is an app list there that shows which apps.

So set this off. I've switched off the notification Reminder for mine.

samgoh87

Reaction score

"Clear all apps" meaning from background tasks right? Ok thanks! Just tried this method and now needa monitor. Fingers crossed!

samgoh87

Reaction score
No problem.

Also one more thing that can cause this is also in the Accessibility settings.

Under Advanced settings. Notification Reminders.

If it is set, then certain apps will also cause a notification Reminder eg every 3 min etc. There is an app list there that shows which apps.

So set this off. I've switched off the notification Reminder for mine.

Yea i switched this off as well previously but still same same.

standing

Reaction score
Doubt the camera focus will ever be fixed. Cause the hardware is pdaf.

Oppo and xiaomi (which uses the same sensor as S20 ultra) using laser focus, no such issues

Is the focus really v slow? Will have issue if I wan to take photo of baby?

Computeron

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Those ordered from momart, how u all track order ah? The no. The system gave like not valid becuz only numbers.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.