Samsung Galaxy S20: News and Discussions

Aikon

Reaction score
Now ultra got white color. Wait few more months for monmart

Yes I bought the white one, Taiwan model though. Never regretted this purchase SD. The Exynos S20 + red I bought, sold within a few days. Smartest thing to offload exynos version, IMHO.

L0rD3v1l

Reaction score
Yes I bought the white one, Taiwan model though. Never regretted this purchase SD. The Exynos S20 + red I bought, sold within a few days. Smartest thing to offload exynos version, IMHO.

Hi, the Taiwan model is dual sim right?
Planning to get one, just that i need dual sim...

Fellowes

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Didn’t realise that China / Hong Kong / Taiwan using the same SD865 5G variant: SM-G9860 / SM-G9880 Dual SIM.
5rv8jAb.jpg

Not sure what goes behind the scene that make Samsung HQ make the surprise decision to switch S.Korea and Taiwan to Snapdragon variant.

Last edited:

iamgaara

Reaction score
Its completely sealed box.

No need to run any special setup at all.. just change language to english from korean, login ur google account. Use smart switch wirelessly to trf stuff from uour old phone.

Just that its preloaded with the KT telecom bloatwares.. i just disabled it and hide from the menu. Lazy to find out and load KR generic firmware. Might try if i can find the instructions.

Thanks for the info. I have took the plunge and ordered the Korea Red version. There's a $30 off promo from shopee and 3.5% cashback promo from shopback.

Aikon

Reaction score
Didn’t realise that China / Hong Kong / Taiwan using the same SD865 5G variant: SM-G9860 / SM-G9880 Dual SIM.
5rv8jAb.jpg

Not sure what goes behind the scene that make Samsung HQ make the surprise decision to switch S.Korea and Taiwan to Snapdragon variant.

China, Taiwan and HK have been getting the Snapdragon variant for sometime. So far I've been buying these variants from S10 Plus (bought from HK retail), Note 10 Plus (Taiwan) and S20 Ultra (TW). The last 2 sets I bought from Lazada.

For Korea I believe they only switched to SD from the S20 series.

L0rD3v1l

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I have took the plunge and ordered the Korea Red version. There's a $30 off promo from shopee and 3.5% cashback promo from shopback.
Eh...how to get the 3.5% cashback promo?
I'm still wandering around Shopee n Qoo10

Nevereatrice

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Only got $5 voucher where got $30 voucher? And the new user 3.5% Cashback scared later something cock up no cashback how

iamgaara

Reaction score
Only got $5 voucher where got $30 voucher? And the new user 3.5% Cashback scared later something cock up no cashback how

I just happened to receive a notification for the $30 voucher from my Shopee app today. It is called mobile and gadgets voucher and it is only valid till tomorrow. Yah the cashback has some uncertainty cos it is only credited after you finish your purchase. But i am getting the phone with or without the cashback, so if it gets credited it is a bonus. Just thought it is good to share it.

Nevereatrice

Honorary Member
Reaction score
I just happened to receive a notification for the $30 voucher from my Shopee app today. It is called mobile and gadgets voucher and it is only valid till tomorrow. Yah the cashback has some uncertainty cos it is only credited after you finish your purchase. But i am getting the phone with or without the cashback, so if it gets credited it is a bonus. Just thought it is good to share it.

Thanks wow new users can Buy things for $0!

seoulman

Reaction score
Thinking of letting go my 3 month old S20 Ultra exynos local set. Too big for my hands. Anyone interested do PM me?

benqdell

Reaction score
planning to get my kaki in hk to help me get the S20 Ultra 5g dual sim snapdragon and ship to SG, anyone else keen to tompang?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.