Samsung Galaxy S20: News and Discussions

ecneret_eel

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i see the community here all favour SD sets, rare to see local set users

I purchase ultra for $25 with starhub coporate plan. Battery so far so good. However some widescreen youtube video stretch till hold punch camera, cant get use to it when watching widescreen drama

ecneret_eel

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
well, he has a premium corporate plan

what’s your review of the exynos version?
i had exynos S series phones before, actually still quite ok.. but i see the reviews etc, feel scared liao lol

yet, paying around $1500 for an export set, i also hmm stress lol

I'm local exynos set s20 ultra as well...but for him I guess $25 is more worth

kyo9012

Reaction score
well, he has a premium corporate plan

what’s your review of the exynos version?
i had exynos S series phones before, actually still quite ok.. but i see the reviews etc, feel scared liao lol

yet, paying around $1500 for an export set, i also hmm stress lol

Tbh i hesitate to buy when i look through this thread. Im trying my luck when there is promo for corporate plan.

Luckily no heat issue whatever.

Raigar

Reaction score
idk who gives the idea exynos it is hot ... Exynos is warm sometime not hot

Idk... maybe the whole internet, high profile youtuber anddd....myself? well each people have their own heat threshold, but mostly (and me) provided the fact number for it... 38 - 45'c (even 52'c for 10 mins video call) is not normal. Your battery will degraded at much faster rate.

before you say anything, I've used 3 different S20 local set (1x S20 and 2x S20+) and I have debloated every SINGLE bloat in s20, 90 hz and medium power saving. (heck, even 60hz doesnt help)

rabbit1

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Idk... maybe the whole internet, high profile youtuber anddd....myself? well each people have their own heat threshold, but mostly (and me) provided the fact number for it... 38 - 45'c (even 52'c for 10 mins video call) is not normal. Your battery will degraded at much faster rate.

before you say anything, I've used 3 different S20 local set (1x S20 and 2x S20+) and I have debloated every SINGLE bloat in s20, 90 hz and medium power saving. (heck, even 60hz doesnt help)

Be careful. These Exynos fanboys don't like if you criticise their 990. Basically, 990 is the best in world. :(

ecneret_eel

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
why do you need so many different sets?

ltrinityl

Reaction score
Just wanna check,

Those who bought the US Snapdragon set from Monmart and using Singtel, does your signal show 4G/4G+ or only LTE on the top right corner?

karloil

Reaction score
Be careful. These Exynos fanboys don't like if you criticise their 990. Basically, 990 is the best in world. :(

I don't really consider myself a 990 fan. I'm using a local set. And for my current needs, the 990 works fine. I only have 1 game on my phone, and even on a heavy day when I game, I still get 10% at the end of my day.

I really can't justify shelling out another $300-400 for the Snapdragon version now when in a few months I plan to change phones again. Might jump off Samsung totally as this processor gap (for the same price) is totally pointless.

gapboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I don't really consider myself a 990 fan. I'm using a local set. And for my current needs, the 990 works fine. I only have 1 game on my phone, and even on a heavy day when I game, I still get 10% at the end of my day.

I really can't justify shelling out another $300-400 for the Snapdragon version now when in a few months I plan to change phones again. Might jump off Samsung totally as this processor gap (for the same price) is totally pointless.

Agree with you, i am also an average user and i know Exynos is inferior than SD but it works for me in daily use and i left 30-40% depends as i WFH mostly on a single charge. Samsung brand fan perhaps not specific to processor type "FAN" ...

I don't see the point of flaming people on this thread being "FAN" or not shows so much on the individual maturity.

Last edited:

Raigar

Reaction score
why do you need so many different sets?

Hahaha.. buying S20 and found out the battery is bad, I though need to upgrade to S20+ for better battery but its ended up the same. Then change the color to another S20+, after that cannot take the heat and battery from Exynos and change to another S20+ SD.

Agree with you, i am also an average user and i know Exynos is inferior than SD but it works for me in daily use and i left 30-40% depends as i WFH mostly on a single charge. Samsung brand fan perhaps not specific to processor type "FAN" ...

I don't see the point of flaming people on this thread being "FAN" or not shows so much on the individual maturity.

Well, I do agree that we need to make the best out of the bad thing, since samsung wont bring SD to singapore. But you are subconsciously giving people impression that we should content with the Exynos and should just buy it. Imagine if the Galaxy s20 sales is high in Singapore, it will become the next target again for samsung for the region that will be using Exynos in the future. Now, if you observe note 20 situation, Other region are already using much better SD 865+, while other region including ours still stuck to their old Exynos 990, we are really are being seriously shortchanged here. At this point, it's already almost a crime that brand them as the same model or phone.

That said, since samsung are partnering with AMD and shut down their custom cores department. Let's hope the next exynos will be much better.

I've been using Samsung for 10 years now for S and Note series because they are the only one stay true to their SD card and quality, but recently their strategy is just messy (60hz, 1080p, 2 years old gorilla glass, No SD, etc on note 20).

Last edited:

Nevereatrice

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Hahaha.. buying S20 and found out the battery is bad, I though need to upgrade to S20+ for better battery but its ended up the same. Then change the color to another S20+, after that cannot take the heat and battery from Exynos and change to another S20+ SD.

Well, I do agree that we need to make the best out of the bad thing, since samsung wont bring SD to singapore. But you are subconsciously giving people impression that we should content with the Exynos and should just buy it. Imagine if the Galaxy s20 sales is high in Singapore, it will become the next target again for samsung for the region that will be using Exynos in the future. Now, if you observe note 20 situation, Other region are already using much better SD 865+, while other region including ours still stuck to their old Exynos 990, we are really are being seriously shortchanged here. At this point, it's already almost a crime that brand them as the same model or phone.

That said, since samsung are partnering with AMD and shut down their custom cores department. Let's hope the next exynos will be much better.

I've been using Samsung for 10 years now for S and Note series because they are the only one stay true to their SD card and quality, but recently their strategy is just messy (60hz, 1080p, 2 years old gorilla glass, No SD, etc on note 20).

They chut a note 10 note 20 so that they can Justifiably raise price for better specs phones. Buyers are tricked unknowingly just like Apple business strategy how they step up iphone 8 to iphone X
Everyone criticise Apple for selling a 1888 phone but no one criticise samsung for their note 10 plus, note 20 ultra price

Nero666

Reaction score
There is one guy selling his Taiwan set snapdragon S20U for $1250, with accessories, seems quite a good deal.

Too bad he didn’t sell the accessories separately xD wanted to get those accessories for my S20U thou

Last edited:

ecneret_eel

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
where this guy at?

There is one guy selling his Taiwan set snapdragon S20U for $1250, with accessories, seems quite a good deal.

Too bad he didn’t sell the accessories separately xD wanted to get those accessories for my S20U thou

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.