Samsung Galaxy S20: News and Discussions

ecneret_eel

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
found him, thanks

There is one guy selling his Taiwan set snapdragon S20U for $1250, with accessories, seems quite a good deal.

Too bad he didn’t sell the accessories separately xD wanted to get those accessories for my S20U thou

ecneret_eel

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone can verify if the Korean and TW S20u sets all have such issues?

only HK sets are ok?

Yes bro, I replied your PM too.

I posted this issue before when I bought my Note 10+ TW set.

The caller ID problem exists on the Korean and Taiwan models. However my friend who has the Hong Kong model informed me that it is fine for his S20U.

Since both my models are TW, the work around is to add another version of the number in another field of the contacts. Then it works fine.

For example I have Joe Harris +65 98765432 under mobile and 98765432 under Fax or any other type like Home etc of the same contact. Then it will always work, even when you're overseas it will use the +65 98765432 because 98765432 doesn't work overseas without the country code.

With this workaround, no issues.

Aikon

Reaction score

only HK sets are ok?

I can definitely verify for Taiwan S20u as I have the white 256gb one - it's my daily driver.

Last edited:

ltrinityl

Reaction score
Just wanna check,

Those who bought the US Snapdragon set from Monmart and using Singtel, does your signal show 4G/4G+ or only LTE on the top right corner?

shachok86

Reaction score
Finally received my S20+ Dual Sim from Monmart. Placed order on 8/8/20. Seller gave tracking number after 1 hour. Also informed me that tracking only available when item reach SG. Seller also keep on updating me when there is shipping updates for the item. Item reach SG on 15/8 and courier deliver on 16/8. The package is well packed and a lot of free gifts. Powerbank, screen protector, casing, plug adapter, wireless qi charger.

Phone set was sealed. Not sure from which country. Most likely HK set. Turn on and setup easily. Software updating ongoing with July security patch.

Overall a good experience buying from Monmart.

ecneret_eel

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
congratulations! when you say monmart, you’re referring to dreamhouse technologies?

Finally received my S20+ Dual Sim from Monmart. Placed order on 8/8/20. Seller gave tracking number after 1 hour. Also informed me that tracking only available when item reach SG. Seller also keep on updating me when there is shipping updates for the item. Item reach SG on 15/8 and courier deliver on 16/8. The package is well packed and a lot of free gifts. Powerbank, screen protector, casing, plug adapter, wireless qi charger.

Phone set was sealed. Not sure from which country. Most likely HK set. Turn on and setup easily. Software updating ongoing with July security patch.

Overall a good experience buying from Monmart.

Aikon

Reaction score
so you don’t experience the +65 contacts issue?

Yes. I've had this issue for both my Taiwan Note 10 Plus and S20 Ultra. I've had to use the work around by entering the phone number with and without the country code for each contract. Then it works fine.

Nero666

Reaction score
This happened with my Taiwan set too, like the bros here, solved it by saving another set of number with/without +65 in (Home/Mobile) listing.

Won't affect any daily usage experience for me as most of communication is via apps.

only HK sets are ok?

ecneret_eel

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ty for the information!

Yes. I've had this issue for both my Taiwan Note 10 Plus and S20 Ultra. I've had to use the work around by entering the phone number with and without the country code for each contract. Then it works fine.

tkl23786

Master Member
Reaction score
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G renders reveal triple rear cameras and flat display

https://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/tech-news-samsung-galaxy-s20-fe-5g-renders-reveal-triple-rear-cameras-and-flat-display

s20fe-render-news.jpg

From article

"...Samsung is likely to announce the Galaxy S20 FE 5G in October..."

"...FE model is seen with a flat display. The display is expected to be 6.4 to 6.5-inches and has a punch-hole camera in the center. While the frame of the phone is made of metal, the back panel is likely to be made of plastic..."

"... rear houses a triple-camera setup consisting of a 12MP Sony IMX555 sensor, a 12MP ultra-wide lens and an 8MP telephoto lens with 3x optical zoom. The selfie camera is said to be 32MP. Other rumoured specs include Qualcomm Snapdragon 865, 6GB RAM, Android 10, 120Hz display, IP68 water and dust resistance, and a 4,500mAh battery..."

Raigar

Reaction score
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G renders reveal triple rear cameras and flat display

https://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/tech-news-samsung-galaxy-s20-fe-5g-renders-reveal-triple-rear-cameras-and-flat-display

s20fe-render-news.jpg

From article

"...Samsung is likely to announce the Galaxy S20 FE 5G in October..."

"...FE model is seen with a flat display. The display is expected to be 6.4 to 6.5-inches and has a punch-hole camera in the center. While the frame of the phone is made of metal, the back panel is likely to be made of plastic..."

"... rear houses a triple-camera setup consisting of a 12MP Sony IMX555 sensor, a 12MP ultra-wide lens and an 8MP telephoto lens with 3x optical zoom. The selfie camera is said to be 32MP. Other rumoured specs include Qualcomm Snapdragon 865, 6GB RAM, Android 10, 120Hz display, IP68 water and dust resistance, and a 4,500mAh battery..."

Snapdragon?? Uh uh.. not for our the "Chosen" region.

https://www.sammobile.com/news/galaxy-s20-fan-edition-exynos-990/

Raigar

Reaction score
Oh darn and 6gb ram. Even s10 lite is sd855 with 8gb ram.

I guess Samsung just wanna clear out their failed exynos 990

Isn't that always the case? S20 exynos is 8gb ram and S20 SD is 12 GB ram.

That's why I keep saying, it should be a different phone altogether instead of sharing the same name. it's a sham.

kwekey

Reaction score
I purchase ultra for $25 with starhub coporate plan. Battery so far so good. However some widescreen youtube video stretch till hold punch camera, cant get use to it when watching widescreen drama

Bro, how did you manage to get this offer? $60/month and $25 for the phone?:s11::s11:
I just check out SH website. It is $569 (-$200 for new sign up or port-in) with Mobile+ $65.:s11::s11:

benqdell

Reaction score
Isn't that always the case? S20 exynos is 8gb ram and S20 SD is 12 GB ram.

That's why I keep saying, it should be a different phone altogether instead of sharing the same name. it's a sham.

No joke brah, didn't know the S20/S20+ both 8gb ram and 128gb. Thought it was all 12gb ram cause even note 10 was 12gb.

What a joke when my S10 lite is also 8gb ram/128gb with SD855, runs cool no matter how i overload it for half the price. :s13:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.