HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Samsung Galaxy S20: News and Discussions

Like Tree364Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-05-2020, 11:11 PM   #4651
Arch-Supremacy Member

Isn't that the yearly reports claim? Exynos wi be the best and dominate everything else?

Immune to such news liao
KeYoKe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2020, 12:13 AM   #4652
Arch-Supremacy Member

There will always be samsung fanboys to support them, there is a good example above. With huawei out of the game, they take this opportunity to chop carrot heads
Fan boys themselves can't sustain Samsung. I'm actually thinking of the 40 and older generation who just walk into telco and get the latest Samsung phone.

If only we can stir this up to like mothership level to get people noticing that they're being "cheated".
shawniiex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2020, 12:18 AM   #4653
Master Member

The question is, where else can they sell their Exynos. If even their home base already using Snapdragon.

I'm quite sure one of the reason why we're sold exynos and not snapdragon is because our 5G infrastructure is not up yet.

Just quite hilarious how the average consumer in Singapore is terribly misinformed and so easy to chop.
Samsung alr genna f for exynos how many years alr. Still carrot heads choose to believe next year will be better..
jackycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2020, 06:48 AM   #4654
Greater Supremacy Member

Fan boys themselves can't sustain Samsung. I'm actually thinking of the 40 and older generation who just walk into telco and get the latest Samsung phone.

If only we can stir this up to like mothership level to get people noticing that they're being "cheated".
Most ppl won't be bothered to go through the trouble of getting a sd unit. Most just walk in to recontract
Nevereatrice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2020, 07:25 AM   #4655
Arch-Supremacy Member

Most ppl won't be bothered to go through the trouble of getting a sd unit. Most just walk in to recontract
Yes, and also lack of warranty also one of the main concern for some.
Old 28-05-2020, 09:40 AM   #4656

True, if anyone is unhappy about a particular phone specs, he or she always have the rights to pick-up other phones.

Most ppl including myself when i get a phone i want to make sure the functionality, especially those i require is workable. For example, i use Samaung pay so it must work.

Beside warranty I believe is the most important is ease of getting + reputation and sense of security.

Imagine buy at local Singtel or Samsung shop, ability to check and bring home same day vs buy online dunno which shop and must ship over.
fxsg123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2020, 10:19 AM   #4657

The question is, where else can they sell their Exynos. If even their home base already using Snapdragon.

I'm quite sure one of the reason why we're sold exynos and not snapdragon is because our 5G infrastructure is not up yet.

Just quite hilarious how the average consumer in Singapore is terribly misinformed and so easy to chop.
I don't think that's true lol. Samsung Singapore has been laughing exynos in Singapore for long time and clearly it has nothing to do with 5G. Some places like Taiwan has no 5G yet but SD version are being released there.
wwh5210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2020, 10:48 AM   #4658
Arch-Supremacy Member

If next successor of exynos exceeded the performance of sd865, then someone here might shut his trap
1982-1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2020, 11:09 AM   #4659
Arch-Supremacy Member

If next successor of exynos exceeded the performance of sd865, then someone here might shut his trap
Then hope it really comes true. Coming out with a good processor with a good power efficiency is never easy
Old 28-05-2020, 11:22 AM   #4660
Arch-Supremacy Member

Then hope it really comes true. Coming out with a good processor with a good power efficiency is never easy
To shut his trap is more difficult lol
KeYoKe likes this.
1982-1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2020, 11:26 AM   #4661

Can i just enquire more on why Samsung is good? tbh, i had samsung about 10 years ago and i would say it has been the worst experience i had with a smartphone. It is widely know that Samsung phone tends to lag, deteriorate at the speed of light! within 2 years lags will definitely be there and all. If only huawei isnt in this current turmoil, believe me, they are much better phone. Now looking towards other phones such as oneplus.
supersnail0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2020, 11:29 AM   #4662
Great Supremacy Member

Can i just enquire more on why Samsung is good? tbh, i had samsung about 10 years ago and i would say it has been the worst experience i had with a smartphone. It is widely know that Samsung phone tends to lag, deteriorate at the speed of light! within 2 years lags will definitely be there and all. If only huawei isnt in this current turmoil, believe me, they are much better phone. Now looking towards other phones such as oneplus.
They've improved a lot in their software and the cameras. Main thing for me is the Samsung pay for transport, can tap without waking or unlocking the phone. Else if that's not important then other phones are worth looking into too.
KeYoKe likes this.
DigDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2020, 11:44 AM   #4663
Greater Supremacy Member

U already say its 10 years ago. 10 years a baby is already primary 4 this year. At this point every phone is about the same in terms of specs
What differentiates them is the OS and design
Samsung has one of the better design among Android
Oneplus the screen is so curve the colour choices is so kiddish. I pay 1k++ not to have a blue/mint colour phone
In terms of hardware the tiongs can la but design and taste they still have alot to do
Samsung is not using the touch wiz anymore
One ui is not the best but its definitly one of the best
The bloatwares can be disabled no problem
Oneplus and pixel those so call overhyped stock Andriod is just plain boring
Samsung pass and Samsung pay is useful to some people but to u people is considered as bloat
Does oneplus have an inbuilt password manager? Does it have useful apps like goodlock?
Oneplus is good but the design sucks. They always opt for stupid disgusting curve screen
Note 10 plus design is superior to oneplus too bad samsung decides to cut costs and shortchange sg users
Samsung resell value also better than oneplus and pixel
If u say stock android =better phones just stick to your stock android
I rather buy an iPhone in terms of smoothness stock Andriod still lose iPhone still thrash pixel and op in many areas

Last edited by Nevereatrice; 28-05-2020 at 12:09 PM..
Nevereatrice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2020, 12:19 PM   #4664
Supremacy Member

Didn't want to get into this debate actually. But I've also owned Samsung phones since the first Galaxy phone, and this S20+ is my eighth Galaxy phone. Never had a serious problem with Samsungs. I've also had smartphones from Apple, Huawei, several Xiaomis, several Sonys, Oppo, even the old Motorolas. For me, Samsungs are all-rounders, generally speaking, and good for most people as long as you don't have specific requirements or preferences.

For this round, I went with the SD S20+ rather than the OP8P. Both are excellent phones, but to me finally differentiated because of the huge price difference (for me), the curved screen along edges of the OP (I dislike them), and the S20+ is an all round smaller phone. Lesser battery life I can live with, since the phone sits in my wireless cradle when I working. Couldn't be happier with this SD S20+ - I've had zero problems with it - no display problems at all, phone runs cool for my usage, and the NFC e-payment gateways all work without a hitch.
gapboy likes this.

Last edited by Wzierbovsky; 28-05-2020 at 04:20 PM..
Wzierbovsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2020, 12:38 PM   #4665

Didn't want to get into this debate actually. But I've also used Samsung phones since the first Galaxy phone, and this S20+ is my ninth Galaxy phone. Never had a serious problem with Samsungs. I've also owned smartphones from Apple, several Xiaomis, several Sonys, Oppo, even the old Motorolas. For me, Samsungs are all-rounders, generally speaking, and good for most people as long as you don't have specific requirements or preferences.

For this round, I went with the SD S20+ rather than the OP8P. Both are excellent phones, but to me finally differentiated because of the huge price difference (for me), the curved screen along edges of the OP (I dislike them), and the S20+ is an all round smaller phone. Lesser battery life I can live with, since the phone sits in my wireless cradle when I working. Couldn't be happier with this SD S20+ - I've had zero problems with it - no display problems at all, phone runs cool for my usage, and the NFC e-payment gateways all work without a hitch.
Google Pay/Samsung Pay can work, only issue is got no Samsung Pay rewards. Am I right?
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.