HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Samsung Galaxy S20: News and Discussions

Like Tree430Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-06-2020, 04:06 PM   #5341

Just an update...

Somehow, my Aura Blue s20+ from Monmart suddenly showing the option to change 5G/LTE/3G.

All is good now ^^
Samsung servers check on the CSC code of your Samsung device and match it with the geolocation where itís being used. If both these things match before sending OTA updates to your device. Suppose the CSC code of your Samsung device is INS (India) and you take it to the United Kingdom or Germany and use it there, you may not receive the official software updates from Samsung.

Reference :https://www.droidviews.com/how-to-ch...galaxy-phones/

How in the blaze that your US set can so easily get the update? lol. do you mind to share with some of your device information :

1. Model Number
2. Baseband Versiion
3. Service provider SW ver

This information will help me to narrow down what is the special thing that you have. hahaha
Computeron likes this.
Raigar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2020, 05:21 PM   #5342

Hi, am thinking of changing to s20. But do not know the diff between ultra and plus. What's the difference? I'm using Huawei p30 pro at the moment. In terms of function, android should be roughly the same right?
Haha! I'm in the same situation and a p30 pro user as well.
stanff11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2020, 05:47 PM   #5343
Arch-Supremacy Member

Haha! I'm in the same situation and a p30 pro user as well.
I ALSO AH!!. i just sold my p30 pro last night.
Old 17-06-2020, 05:55 PM   #5344

I ALSO AH!!. i just sold my p30 pro last night.
I am going the same way as you. After some decision between plus and ultra, I ordered the grey ultra too! Lol! So far how's the phone?
stanff11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2020, 06:04 PM   #5345

Samsung servers check on the CSC code of your Samsung device and match it with the geolocation where itís being used. If both these things match before sending OTA updates to your device. Suppose the CSC code of your Samsung device is INS (India) and you take it to the United Kingdom or Germany and use it there, you may not receive the official software updates from Samsung.

Reference :https://www.droidviews.com/how-to-ch...galaxy-phones/

How in the blaze that your US set can so easily get the update? lol. do you mind to share with some of your device information :

1. Model Number
2. Baseband Versiion
3. Service provider SW ver

This information will help me to narrow down what is the special thing that you have. hahaha
I can only share that i'm on Singtel and my model is SM-G986U1. It's Samsung unlocked set which is not from any of the US Telco. The geeks from android central said that my set from Samsung will always be the first to receive updates compared to the telco's set.

Previously when i got this phone, 5G/LTE/3G not showing up. Today just browsing through and saw that this option appeared out of no where suddenly.
ltrinityl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2020, 06:08 PM   #5346
Arch-Supremacy Member

Just checking, where and how to get a s20+ SD that’s is unlocked and not tied to any telco?
Interested in getting one of the price is okay. Haha
Saw many ppl having issues with USA sets from telco have update issue.
Literally only one guy which is having this "issue" in particular.
shawniiex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2020, 07:42 PM   #5347

https://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...shing-t4054133

Those with US 20u, anyone tried this? Actually can flash from U to U1 which is US Samsung unlock.
jesongaudan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2020, 09:07 PM   #5348

I can only share that i'm on Singtel and my model is SM-G986U1. It's Samsung unlocked set which is not from any of the US Telco. The geeks from android central said that my set from Samsung will always be the first to receive updates compared to the telco's set.

Previously when i got this phone, 5G/LTE/3G not showing up. Today just browsing through and saw that this option appeared out of no where suddenly.
Thanks Itrinityl, that's more than enough information. actually it's quite safe for you to share because those are just software information, there's no device or personal unique information.

After 2 sleepless night reading across all forum, U1 are indeed the "Unbranded" US version, so there's no carrier bloatware and the update will be OTA.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...shing-t4054133

Those with US 20u, anyone tried this? Actually can flash from U to U1 which is US Samsung unlock.
You are right, I managed to find a forum to update my version from U to U1. I will try it this weekend and see what it will do to my phone.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...shing-t4054629
Raigar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2020, 09:19 PM   #5349

You are right, I managed to find a forum to update my version from U to U1. I will try it this weekend and see what it will do to my phone.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...shing-t4054629[/QUOTE]

Please update us once done. Sammobile has the latest U1/XAA firmware. Waiting for my US s20u, excited to flash hahaha.
jesongaudan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2020, 09:39 PM   #5350

does m1 do 1 to 1 replacement these days or i need to bring it to samsung service centre?
digitalguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2020, 10:11 PM   #5351
Arch-Supremacy Member

Gd.. Battery compariable to 30 Pro. Lose also not lose a lot.

I am going the same way as you. After some decision between plus and ultra, I ordered the grey ultra too! Lol! So far how's the phone?
Old 18-06-2020, 01:35 AM   #5352
Master Member

Gd.. Battery compariable to 30 Pro. Lose also not lose a lot.

Snapdragon version?
jackycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2020, 03:03 AM   #5353

Managed to really use and push my SD s20+ TW set dual sim 12gb ram hard today, 100% charged at 12pm and by 12am battery life at 25%. With 3hour SOT on 120hz

Social media, WhatsApp, telegram, wechat and line msging. With close to 30 mins of talk time.
Took some pictures and video, editing videos on the phone too.

While taking the video, phone started to really heat up, the auto focus on the wide angle is quite bad had to retake a few times.

Ps I did not debloat.

Last edited by zetoroz; 18-06-2020 at 03:14 AM..
zetoroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2020, 03:11 AM   #5354
Arch-Supremacy Member

Managed to really use and push my SD s20+ TW set dual sim 12gb ram hard today, 100% charged at 12pm and by 12am battery life at 25%.

Social media, WhatsApp, telegram, wechat and line msging. With close to 1 hour of talk time.
Took some pictures and video, editing videos on the phone too.

While taking the video, phone started to really heat up, the auto focus on the wide angle is quite bad had to retake a few times.

Ps I did not debloat.
Wait, so screen on how long? Hahaha you make it sound like screen on non stop from noon to midnight.
shawniiex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2020, 03:15 AM   #5355

Wait, so screen on how long? Hahaha you make it sound like screen on non stop from noon to midnight.
hahaha ps just edited. Checked my call logs and SOT. 3 hours only.... on 120hz
zetoroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.