HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Samsung Galaxy S20: News and Discussions

Like Tree427Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-08-2020, 01:50 PM   #6136
Supremacy Member

I don't really consider myself a 990 fan. I'm using a local set. And for my current needs, the 990 works fine. I only have 1 game on my phone, and even on a heavy day when I game, I still get 10% at the end of my day.

I really can't justify shelling out another $300-400 for the Snapdragon version now when in a few months I plan to change phones again. Might jump off Samsung totally as this processor gap (for the same price) is totally pointless.
Agree with you, i am also an average user and i know Exynos is inferior than SD but it works for me in daily use and i left 30-40% depends as i WFH mostly on a single charge. Samsung brand fan perhaps not specific to processor type "FAN" ...

I don't see the point of flaming people on this thread being "FAN" or not shows so much on the individual maturity.

Last edited by gapboy; 16-08-2020 at 01:54 PM..
gapboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2020, 03:07 PM   #6137

why do you need so many different sets?
Hahaha.. buying S20 and found out the battery is bad, I though need to upgrade to S20+ for better battery but its ended up the same. Then change the color to another S20+, after that cannot take the heat and battery from Exynos and change to another S20+ SD.

Agree with you, i am also an average user and i know Exynos is inferior than SD but it works for me in daily use and i left 30-40% depends as i WFH mostly on a single charge. Samsung brand fan perhaps not specific to processor type "FAN" ...

I don't see the point of flaming people on this thread being "FAN" or not shows so much on the individual maturity.
Well, I do agree that we need to make the best out of the bad thing, since samsung wont bring SD to singapore. But you are subconsciously giving people impression that we should content with the Exynos and should just buy it. Imagine if the Galaxy s20 sales is high in Singapore, it will become the next target again for samsung for the region that will be using Exynos in the future. Now, if you observe note 20 situation, Other region are already using much better SD 865+, while other region including ours still stuck to their old Exynos 990, we are really are being seriously shortchanged here. At this point, it's already almost a crime that brand them as the same model or phone.

That said, since samsung are partnering with AMD and shut down their custom cores department. Let's hope the next exynos will be much better.

I've been using Samsung for 10 years now for S and Note series because they are the only one stay true to their SD card and quality, but recently their strategy is just messy (60hz, 1080p, 2 years old gorilla glass, No SD, etc on note 20).

Last edited by Raigar; 16-08-2020 at 03:15 PM..
Raigar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2020, 03:35 PM   #6138
Greater Supremacy Member

Hahaha.. buying S20 and found out the battery is bad, I though need to upgrade to S20+ for better battery but its ended up the same. Then change the color to another S20+, after that cannot take the heat and battery from Exynos and change to another S20+ SD.

Well, I do agree that we need to make the best out of the bad thing, since samsung wont bring SD to singapore. But you are subconsciously giving people impression that we should content with the Exynos and should just buy it. Imagine if the Galaxy s20 sales is high in Singapore, it will become the next target again for samsung for the region that will be using Exynos in the future. Now, if you observe note 20 situation, Other region are already using much better SD 865+, while other region including ours still stuck to their old Exynos 990, we are really are being seriously shortchanged here. At this point, it's already almost a crime that brand them as the same model or phone.

That said, since samsung are partnering with AMD and shut down their custom cores department. Let's hope the next exynos will be much better.

I've been using Samsung for 10 years now for S and Note series because they are the only one stay true to their SD card and quality, but recently their strategy is just messy (60hz, 1080p, 2 years old gorilla glass, No SD, etc on note 20).
They chut a note 10 note 20 so that they can Justifiably raise price for better specs phones. Buyers are tricked unknowingly just like Apple business strategy how they step up iphone 8 to iphone X
Everyone criticise Apple for selling a 1888 phone but no one criticise samsung for their note 10 plus, note 20 ultra price
Nevereatrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2020, 03:36 PM   #6139

There is one guy selling his Taiwan set snapdragon S20U for $1250, with accessories, seems quite a good deal.

Too bad he didnít sell the accessories separately xD wanted to get those accessories for my S20U thou

Last edited by Nero666; 16-08-2020 at 03:39 PM..
Nero666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2020, 04:26 PM   #6140
Supremacy Member

where this guy at?

There is one guy selling his Taiwan set snapdragon S20U for $1250, with accessories, seems quite a good deal.

Too bad he didnít sell the accessories separately xD wanted to get those accessories for my S20U thou
ecneret_eel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2020, 04:37 PM   #6141
Supremacy Member

found him, thanks

Old 16-08-2020, 05:27 PM   #6142
Supremacy Member

what how y'now?? I checked OTA and updated thats all
you always manually check and members app too

Sent from Samsung SM-G980F using GAGT
joesph is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2020, 07:32 PM   #6143
Supremacy Member

anyone can verify if the Korean and TW S20u sets all have such issues?

only HK sets are ok?

Yes bro, I replied your PM too.

I posted this issue before when I bought my Note 10+ TW set.

The caller ID problem exists on the Korean and Taiwan models. However my friend who has the Hong Kong model informed me that it is fine for his S20U.

Since both my models are TW, the work around is to add another version of the number in another field of the contacts. Then it works fine.

For example I have Joe Harris +65 98765432 under mobile and 98765432 under Fax or any other type like Home etc of the same contact. Then it will always work, even when you're overseas it will use the +65 98765432 because 98765432 doesn't work overseas without the country code.

With this workaround, no issues.
Old 16-08-2020, 09:18 PM   #6144

anyone can verify if the Korean and TW S20u sets all have such issues?

only HK sets are ok?
I can definitely verify for Taiwan S20u as I have the white 256gb one - it's my daily driver.

Last edited by Aikon; 16-08-2020 at 09:22 PM..
Aikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2020, 10:02 PM   #6145

Just wanna check,

Those who bought the US Snapdragon set from Monmart and using Singtel, does your signal show 4G/4G+ or only LTE on the top right corner?
ltrinityl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2020, 10:13 PM   #6146
Supremacy Member

so you donít experience the +65 contacts issue?

I can definitely verify for Taiwan S20u as I have the white 256gb one - it's my daily driver.
Old 16-08-2020, 10:33 PM   #6147

Finally received my S20+ Dual Sim from Monmart. Placed order on 8/8/20. Seller gave tracking number after 1 hour. Also informed me that tracking only available when item reach SG. Seller also keep on updating me when there is shipping updates for the item. Item reach SG on 15/8 and courier deliver on 16/8. The package is well packed and a lot of free gifts. Powerbank, screen protector, casing, plug adapter, wireless qi charger.

Phone set was sealed. Not sure from which country. Most likely HK set. Turn on and setup easily. Software updating ongoing with July security patch.

Overall a good experience buying from Monmart.
Computeron likes this.
shachok86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2020, 10:40 PM   #6148
Supremacy Member

congratulations! when you say monmart, youíre referring to dreamhouse technologies?

Finally received my S20+ Dual Sim from Monmart. Placed order on 8/8/20. Seller gave tracking number after 1 hour. Also informed me that tracking only available when item reach SG. Seller also keep on updating me when there is shipping updates for the item. Item reach SG on 15/8 and courier deliver on 16/8. The package is well packed and a lot of free gifts. Powerbank, screen protector, casing, plug adapter, wireless qi charger.

Phone set was sealed. Not sure from which country. Most likely HK set. Turn on and setup easily. Software updating ongoing with July security patch.

Overall a good experience buying from Monmart.
Old 16-08-2020, 10:42 PM   #6149

congratulations! when you say monmart, youíre referring to dreamhouse technologies?
Yes correct. Keep forgetting his new shop name.
shachok86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2020, 11:08 PM   #6150

so you donít experience the +65 contacts issue?
Yes. I've had this issue for both my Taiwan Note 10 Plus and S20 Ultra. I've had to use the work around by entering the phone number with and without the country code for each contract. Then it works fine.
Aikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.