Samsung Galaxy S20: News and Discussions

devion

Reaction score
With 1 pink vertical line on the screen, is this confirm to be the LCD screen issue? I thinking to do self repair, saw cost of the screen display unit ranging between 50+ to 180 SGD & looking at youtube self replacement seems doable to me.
Another alternative is try repairing at JB but need to get quotes.

devion

Reaction score
I went to feedback on my phone issue via Samsung member chat line & was contacted on the next working day that they can replace the screen for free but I must pay a service charge of about $50+. They said my phone cannot be repaired by any 3rd party & no physical damage or water related damages.
I had to book a slot at one of their repair centers & was told it may require 1-2 weeks for repair. Of course I accepted but still will negotiate with them on repair lead time being too long.
If they have available spares, it will take only 1 hr to replace the screen base on You tube videos.
I will need to find out what it takes to only hand in my phone & 1-2 days to repair it.

My S20 is ~3 years old, no warranty, but these LCD issues are prevalent issues in Samsung phones.

Nowadays, a week is not acceptable for phone repairs, especially from a big company like Samsung.

Last edited:

gapboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I went to feedback on my phone issue via Samsung member chat line & was contacted on the next working day that they can replace the screen for free but I must pay a service charge of about $50+. They said my phone cannot be repaired by any 3rd party & no physical damage or water related damages.
I had to book a slot at one of their repair centers & was told it may require 1-2 weeks for repair. Of course I accepted but still will negotiate with them on repair lead time being too long.
If they have available spares, it will take only 1 hr to replace the screen base on You tube videos.
I will need to find out what it takes to only hand in my phone & 1-2 days to repair it.

My S20 is ~3 years old, no warranty, but these LCD issues are prevalent issues in Samsung phones.

Nowadays, a week is not acceptable for phone repairs, especially from a big company like Samsung.
time to change phone 3 years old phone :cool:

devion

Reaction score
Why need to change if phone still functions as it supposed to be? btw, today went to Samsung service center to repair the phone, was very dismay with their service standards.
Firstly the phone requires 1- 2 weeks to repair which I was shocked to hear this from a well known established company for phones. They mentioned why this long as it is their protocol to check phone for further defects, escalate to their HQ for FOC hardware & then wait for parts to arrive to repair it. Unacceptable to me cos sending a phone to repair at local shops will take less than a day if they have ready spare parts, if no parts, I will look for one that has it.
Secondly, they said need to factory wipe entire phone even if it is a simple repair which has nothing to do with the software, They said this is SOP for them to do diagnostics to complete check the phone.

They also said if other components are found defective than the screen, they will call to let me know of the additional charges. If I refuse, phone be returned back to me, in a full data wipe condition. &#Gd&!!!!.
I being held ransom for this kind of practice.

Samsung, you are not catering to your customer needs here, instead follow a SOP of yours that inconvenience your customers. My last time to buy anything from this company, with so many complaints on them that I read through in the internet, wonder how they still continue to maintain their large customer base.

Samuel1972

Reaction score
My old S20+ screen popped out additional 2 more lines, total 3 lines. I went to mister mobile to have the LCD replaced, at a cost of $228. Now as good as new.

rootbeer

Reaction score
I can confirm that Samsung has a program where you can pay $54 (labor cost) to replace the screen/battery for S20 models. They will provide the parts for FOC.

Repair will take 1-2 weeks. No loan phone will be provided.

The caveat is that the phone must not have pyhsical damage (dents, cracks etc), no water issue, no 3rd party servicing.

My phone unfortunately had a very minor dent at corner and was not qualified for the program. So this will be my last time using Samsung.

Fellowes

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Why need to change if phone still functions as it supposed to be? btw, today went to Samsung service center to repair the phone, was very dismay with their service standards.
Firstly the phone requires 1- 2 weeks to repair which I was shocked to hear this from a well known established company for phones. They mentioned why this long as it is their protocol to check phone for further defects, escalate to their HQ for FOC hardware & then wait for parts to arrive to repair it. Unacceptable to me cos sending a phone to repair at local shops will take less than a day if they have ready spare parts, if no parts, I will look for one that has it.
Secondly, they said need to factory wipe entire phone even if it is a simple repair which has nothing to do with the software, They said this is SOP for them to do diagnostics to complete check the phone.

They also said if other components are found defective than the screen, they will call to let me know of the additional charges. If I refuse, phone be returned back to me, in a full data wipe condition. &#Gd&!!!!.
I being held ransom for this kind of practice.

Samsung, you are not catering to your customer needs here, instead follow a SOP of yours that inconvenience your customers. My last time to buy anything from this company, with so many complaints on them that I read through in the internet, wonder how they still continue to maintain their large customer base.
Wow, S20 series that a 3 yrs old phone. Old liao time to upgrade to S23 series help move the ecomany. 🤣

otacon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I can confirm that Samsung has a program where you can pay $54 (labor cost) to replace the screen/battery for S20 models. They will provide the parts for FOC.

Repair will take 1-2 weeks. No loan phone will be provided.

The caveat is that the phone must not have pyhsical damage (dents, cracks etc), no water issue, no 3rd party servicing.

My phone unfortunately had a very minor dent at corner and was not qualified for the program. So this will be my last time using Samsung.
How about my S20 motherboard faulty that caused my USB-C to have problem? Can repair mah? Mine confirm no water issue and no dents

rootbeer

Reaction score
How about my S20 motherboard faulty that caused my USB-C to have problem? Can repair mah? Mine confirm no water issue and no dents

I cant comment on that. I only shared my experience wih Samsung Service Center. Sorry

rootbeer

Reaction score
Wow, S20 series that a 3 yrs old phone. Old liao time to upgrade to S23 series help move the ecomany. 🤣

Will move to iPhone after this. Yes, iPhone has its own quirks, but my last iPhone can last 4 years. My note 2 and S20+ ended tragically, so no more samsung for me

chansc1

Reaction score

Samsung is a scam! My s20+ phone started to have lines after software update shortly after warranty period. This is 2nd incident as my Note 9 have same issue, also after warranty. I strongly suspect Samsung purposely make their phones have defects after warranty to make money. We should boycott Samsung for such unethical practice!

devion

Reaction score
Actually if u google out there about these lines appearing on the screen, I did see Oppo phones also have a fair bit of complaints too. I personally do not expect such a big company would stoop into such low ball practices to squeeze little amount of money from their customers. It is their reputation at stake, long term will be damaging to them.
What I would expect Samsung to do is if they have known that it is some inherent issues on the product, they should provide full replacements FOC in a unlimited period, as long as it is of no fault by the users.

Instead they set a fixed deadline for FOC replacements & after that charge a service fee for it. This is poor after service IMO.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.