HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Samsung Galaxy S20: News and Discussions

Like Tree423Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-02-2020, 04:35 PM   #736
Supremacy Member

To be fair, there has been zero reports of the latest Exynos and how it fairs against the Snapdragon in terms of battery life.

So all we can do is wait till people get their hands on it for comparison.

Exynos hasn't ALWAYS been worse than Snapdragon as far as I remember.
Only perhaps the last couple iterations.

Mayne I can be Connections member too.
I own s10+ last year with exynos processor and battery life is bad + runs warm on my hand. Snapdragon chip is better by all means, pictures took is better and can install google cam mod few months later.

Ugh. Exynos sucks. Anyway to get Qualcomm chip S20 in SG?
Need wait 1-2weeks after release date so can find one with reasonable price. Buy from Ebay US, Amazon or anywhere that allows shipping to SG. But do you know if the network chip used for US work the same in SG? Scared cannot use the 5G tech, even 4G in SG
kuma-mon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2020, 04:50 PM   #737
Supremacy Member

I own s10+ last year with exynos processor and battery life is bad + runs warm on my hand. Snapdragon chip is better by all means, pictures took is better and can install google cam mod few months later.

Need wait 1-2weeks after release date so can find one with reasonable price. Buy from Ebay US, Amazon or anywhere that allows shipping to SG. But do you know if the network chip used for US work the same in SG? Scared cannot use the 5G tech, even 4G in SG
Thanks for feedback, still got ppl support Exynos say is good lol, want justify SG kena chop carrot Gao Gao lol
kashix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2020, 04:56 PM   #738
Supremacy Member

Charlie_Zhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2020, 05:03 PM   #739
Arch-Supremacy Member

thats another reason to skip S20 line totally liao
xenocide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2020, 05:13 PM   #740

JB preorder s20ultra MYR4999=SGD1670
lch920619x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2020, 05:14 PM   #741
Supremacy Member

Maybe the Samsung Connections member will claim it is intentionally made to warm up your hand after a cold day at work inside your air-conditioned office.

But yes, it runs warn easily even from doing simple tasks like replying whatsapp etc.

I think it's 100% chop carrots. Other countries selling the Snapdragon S20U with 512GB/16RAM at almost the same price or cheaper than Singapore. If really want to buy go JB, can save $300. Idk why the mark up in Singapore is so much.

Last edited by rabbit1; 15-02-2020 at 05:18 PM..
rabbit1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2020, 05:58 PM   #742
Arch-Supremacy Member

configuration is available
just that Samsung SG decided its always best to chop us
most likely they wan u to chiong 128gb first

then few months later come out different color variants and 256gb / 512gb

knn wan they all
stupidog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2020, 06:07 PM   #743
Banned

Glariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2020, 06:25 PM   #744
Supremacy Member

they are social media team with limited information one. contact their support about firmware bug until vomit blood.. keep asking me to factory reset.. gave up just live with the bug until change phone.. not samsung anymore..
Old 15-02-2020, 06:31 PM   #745
Supremacy Member

Maybe the Samsung Connections member will claim it is intentionally made to warm up your hand after a cold day at work inside your air-conditioned office.

But yes, it runs warn easily even from doing simple tasks like replying whatsapp etc.

I think it's 100% chop carrots. Other countries selling the Snapdragon S20U with 512GB/16RAM at almost the same price or cheaper than Singapore. If really want to buy go JB, can save $300. Idk why the mark up in Singapore is so much.
Yea SG pricing is indeed chop carrot, but i guess many people dont mind buying one due to local warranty + repair + local support. I also don't understand why samsung doesn't make one chip standardised to all devices, why must have two chips in different regions.

If buy snapdragon set, have to prepare to take risk of not being able to repair.
Old 15-02-2020, 06:54 PM   #746
Arch-Supremacy Member

Yea SG pricing is indeed chop carrot, but i guess many people dont mind buying one due to local warranty + repair + local support. I also don't understand why samsung doesn't make one chip standardised to all devices, why must have two chips in different regions.

If buy snapdragon set, have to prepare to take risk of not being able to repair.
not sure wan to risk buying korea set
qoo10 will probably have alot after release
xenocide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2020, 07:08 PM   #747
Supremacy Member

not sure wan to risk buying korea set
qoo10 will probably have alot after release
Korea set confirm snapdragon?
I would buy if i were you. Usually they are the first to get software updates.
Next android 11 version, korea set high likely will come first.

If buy from qoo10, better coz can use coupon offset

Last edited by kuma-mon; 15-02-2020 at 07:39 PM..
Old 15-02-2020, 07:10 PM   #748
Arch-Supremacy Member

I'm saying for the latest exynos vs snapdragon. Can't find any comparisons at all.
Single core performance of exynos was better last year for one thing if I'm not wrong.

Like I said, we'll have to wait for comparisons .
FYI last year Exynos was different fabrication from snapdragon. Which explains the lousier battery, 8mm vs 7mm.
This year it's fair game.
shawniiex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2020, 07:13 PM   #749
Supremacy Member

I'm saying for the latest exynos vs snapdragon. Can't find any comparisons at all.
Single core performance of exynos was better last year for one thing if I'm not wrong.

Like I said, we'll have to wait for comparisons .
FYI last year Exynos was different fabrication from snapdragon. Which explains the lousier battery, 8mm vs 7mm.
This year it's fair game.
Note 10's Exynos 9825 was fab in 7mm and still lose until jialat. But it doesn't matter since it is pair with a crappy Mali GPU that stutters in games like Fortnite.

Single core performance almost same. Multi-core no match. Battery life as well.

Last edited by rabbit1; 15-02-2020 at 07:17 PM..
Old 15-02-2020, 07:16 PM   #750
Banned

JB preorder s20ultra MYR4999=SGD1670
How to bring into SG without getting caught by customs?
BeefCutlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.