Samsung Galaxy S20: News and Discussions

firezero10

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Well there shld be a limit to everything. Lets conclude all this sd vs exynos things

To put it in fair words, sd wins exynos hands down anyday anytime in terms of power consumption, performance, and even heat generated when on load

However, for now, no one can do anything about it as singapore will always be stuck with exynos chips. If u can accept, just buy it, if you cant, just leave it and buy an export set instead without warranty and samsung pay rewards

Most consumers are not IT savy, looking at benchmark numbers, heat generated, battery life and slight performance and smoothness difference.

Phones are suppose to be a gadget which ease everyone's life and not to just letting everyone worrying about all this.

At least there are other options available right now such as s10lite, z flip, fold, which is using sd chips instead.

IMO, trying to get as many people not to buy Exynos is one way to potentially get Samsung consider bringing SD to the SG market. Then again, I don't think complaining on tech forums work because most buyers probably don't visit here before making a phone purchase.

KeYoKe

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
IMO, trying to get as many people not to buy Exynos is one way to potentially get Samsung consider bringing SD to the SG market. Then again, I don't think complaining on tech forums work because most buyers probably don't visit here before making a phone purchase.

There are still supporters for samsung regardless whether they are using exynos or sd and to add on, they are less stressful right now with huawei out of the game

complaining here wont work la. even complaining at their fb doesnt work too

Apparatus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Heard that the upcoming Z Fold 2 may come with a SD855+ instead of the SD865. I think Samsung wants to clear its old stock

Who wants to buy?

🙄

TheSacredSoul

Reaction score
Heard that the upcoming Z Fold 2 may come with a SD855+ instead of the SD865. I think Samsung wants to clear its old stock

Who wants to buy?

🙄

Personally, feel folding screen tech need another year or two to mature. Still way too early. To paraphrase a review I read, all the tech in the Z Flip, other than the folding screen, can be had on a USD$300+ phone. But is the folding screen worth $1000 to you? Definite no from me.

Aikon

Reaction score
There are still supporters for samsung regardless whether they are using exynos or sd and to add on, they are less stressful right now with huawei out of the game

Tried and tested...because they know Singaporeans will buy the Exynos, whatever they dump here will be bought, even give 128gb, still snapped up😜

the non-conformist are few anyway.

I'm still enjoying my Note 10 Plus SD set lah..so I will wait and see what the future brings 😁

athenodorus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You sian is your problem to be honest and I give zero fks. Lmao. I will continue to rant. Feel free to add me and the others who insulted your dear Exynos to your ignore list.

Another typical childish retort.

Firstly, just because ppl are sick of the endless ranting of the exynos, your answer to that is simply asking ppl to leave thread (not just ppl, but user (soon) of the s20 series while you yourself are not even a user.) Similarly, you simply labelled everyone an “Exynos fan” just because they are tired of the pointless chip comparisons.

Nah, I’m not so immature to block ppl just because of disagreements. Let’s just say, carry on with your rants and hope it’ll make a difference in your life.

rabbit1

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Another typical childish retort.

Firstly, just because ppl are sick of the endless ranting of the exynos, your answer to that is simply asking ppl to leave thread (not just ppl, but user (soon) of the s20 series while you yourself are not even a user.) Similarly, you simply labelled everyone an “Exynos fan” just because they are tired of the pointless chip comparisons.

Nah, I’m not so immature to block ppl just because of disagreements. Let’s just say, carry on with your rants and hope it’ll make a difference in your life.

Ok. If you think you're very mature and all and I'm too immature for your liking, honestly you don't have to reply my childish posts. Pls ignore my Exynos rants then. But you chose to engage with immature users like me. Makes you look slightly stupid.

Regardless, Exynos sucks.

Last edited:

firezero10

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Yeah.... Hopefully whatever partnership Samsung have with AMD can bring a more competitive processor. Else, I will not buy any future Samsung devices.

KeYoKe

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeah.... Hopefully whatever partnership Samsung have with AMD can bring a more competitive processor. Else, I will not buy any future Samsung devices.

Yea. More competition is always beneficial for consumers.

Tons of comments over the internet complaining in exynos and yet they still decided not to go with sd for all regions. It also makes their lifes easier as only need to buy and dont need to r&d on exynos no?

But, we are unsure of what are the backend implications too for not using sd on all regions. Maybe got some legal implications also which are not known to consumers. because to us, why other oems can use sd on their phones and be sold in singapore but samsung cant :s13:

firezero10

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yea. More competition is always beneficial for consumers.

Tons of comments over the internet complaining in exynos and yet they still decided not to go with sd for all regions. It also makes their lifes easier as only need to buy and dont need to r&d on exynos no?

But, we are unsure of what are the backend implications too for not using sd on all regions. Maybe got some legal implications also which are not known to consumers. because to us, why other oems can use sd on their phones and be sold in singapore but samsung cant :s13:

I think they want to use Exynos for all the regions like how HW uses Kirin for all the devices. Why pay Qualcomm money when you already have a SoC solution yourself? Besides, with different processors you have a harder time pushing out software updates.

I agree that there might be some complications in US/China due to whatever reasons so opting for SD in those regions can solve the issue. It is okay previously since Exynos is actually the better processor but in recent years, Qualcomm improved so much that they lost pretty badly.

Tbh, the Exynos S20 is perfectly usable but the existence of a better version of it at same/lower price elsewhere will not give you a good feeling at all.

OutBreak

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Come over to Huawei. Samseng don't care about you. :D

Nevereatrice

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Indians sibei united all boycott sexpensive phones now all the companies come out goodies continuously to entice the consumers
U see the comments Indians nitpick the phones its way worse than this bickering

BeefCutlet

Banned
Reaction score
Russia releasing S20 in hot red colour.. damn chio

Anyway to import these from Russia???

Tl5qN7T.jpg

sgdividends123

Reaction score
Hi bro, do you mind pm-ming me the link to buy the SD s20+ please? Thank you so much

Actually, likelihood is we have both because they have different use cases.
Sub6 for general broadcast of 5G signal for whole island.
mmwave for indoor areas like shopping mall ; mrt tunnel etc.

Certainly telcos will install more more Sub6 base stations than mmwave ones but i expect there to be both.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.