HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Samsung Galaxy S20: News and Discussions

Like Tree430Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-02-2020, 08:47 AM   #1336

The battery drains fast when screen gets bigger and 5G is being used. S20 and S20 Plus should be better in this aspect because of a smaller screen, importantly, it is also value for money. The main drawback is that it is not future-proof and does not have binocular zoom. Not sure whether the reviews so far are done using 5G, if not, then the battery on the ultra is really bad I think. Also, as US uses a different 5G, the battery consumption could be different? A lot of questions on the 5G aspect, so much more on its benefits in SG, given that it is still not launched and how long it would take for the coverage to reach a level that we can really reap the benefits. Heard the data consumption is huge as compared to 4G.

If it's already quite bad, one can only imagine how much worse it will be for our Exynos sets. Truly clusterfarked.

Last edited by myhealthychoice; 29-02-2020 at 09:52 AM..
myhealthychoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-02-2020, 09:13 AM   #1337
Supremacy Member

If it's already quite bad, one can only imagine how much worse it will be for our Exynos sets. Truly clusterfarked.
5g and 120mhz are battery killers. good thing is we don't have 5g yet and have the option to choose frame rate.

https://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/tech...nch-tvs-launch

wow the promo in msia

Last edited by athenodorus; 29-02-2020 at 09:23 AM..
athenodorus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-02-2020, 09:56 AM   #1338
Master Member

5g and 120mhz are battery killers. good thing is we don't have 5g yet and have the option to choose frame rate.

https://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/tech...nch-tvs-launch

wow the promo in msia
Can you imagine if Samsung Malaysia is giving those free gifts, how much of a suckers we have to be getting just the Buds+? Quite clear Samsung Singapore is out to maximise chopping carrots. Absolutely no thought process have gone in to marketing this phone here. At least Samsung Malaysia had the sense to put in the 128gb microsd card as it is clear 128gb ROM is absolutely not enough with 8k recording. The fact Note 10+ is gaining traction is clear the internal storage space is a deal breaker with the pricing and 5hitty pre-order gifts.
elmariachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-02-2020, 09:58 AM   #1339
Arch-Supremacy Member

Singapore market won’t have such thing one la
Really chop carrot

Pre order S20 get free buds is a joke
Need many people to complain on the storage.
Later I go complain
Old 29-02-2020, 10:03 AM   #1340

https://m.gsmarena.com/samsung_galax...iew-2074p3.php

S20U review is out
Battery life is overhyped even for its 60hz refresh rate
It is important to state clearly what version the review is for.

The gsmarena review is for the exynos version. It basically already stated what we had assumed and knew about the cons for the exynos version.

The review is not for the snapdragon version which is a different beast.

Last edited by final1; 29-02-2020 at 10:12 AM..
final1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-02-2020, 10:22 AM   #1341
Supremacy Member

The gsmarena review is for the exynos version. It basically already stated what we had assumed and knew about the cons for the exynos version.

True, exynos chip is well known to drain batt faster, runs warmer. Snapdragon version is more optimized.

There are many factors to consider as well. Since SG no 5G, does disabling 5G network in settings improve battery life? And also depends on app usage as well. Regarding the 120hz refresh rate, they will push an update to allow variable refresh rate. So that matters as well
kuma-mon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-02-2020, 10:29 AM   #1342
Arch-Supremacy Member

Long story short. S20 ultra and S20s, overall, its not worth.

Samsung innovation is down.
animeonegai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-02-2020, 10:31 AM   #1343
Arch-Supremacy Member

Cut short story

Note 10 and Note10+ is the last Samsung phones to be shown worthwhile

Long story short. S20 ultra and S20s, overall, its not worth.

Samsung innovation is down.
Old 29-02-2020, 10:35 AM   #1344
Master Member

Cut short story

Note 10 and Note10+ is the last Samsung phones to be shown worthwhile
Agreed. I don't game on my phone though battery life is abit underwhelming for me. But for the price I can't complain especially when I'm getting 12gb/256gb RAM.
Old 29-02-2020, 10:42 AM   #1345

I will just wait for price drop. I remember for s10 and s9 after a few months the Telco will drop price by $200?
TheAlphaLion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-02-2020, 10:56 AM   #1346
Supremacy Member

Guys don't criticise Samsung Singapore and Exynos. They are the "best" in the market. You should appreciate that Samsung is even bringing in this phone to Singapore. Samsung don't owe you anything. I said Exynos suck and tio whacked jiatlat jiatlat as childish and immature.
rabbit1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-02-2020, 11:32 AM   #1347
High Supremacy Member

I am switching over to Android from iPhone. Have been using Apple Pay all along, may I know if there are any benefits using Samsung Pay, example for Public Transport. Been using it for bus and train, does it work as well for Samsung Pay, or I have to use Google Pay app. Excited!
You get samsung points which can be redeemed for stuff / discounts.
Old 29-02-2020, 11:33 AM   #1348
High Supremacy Member

The battery drains fast when screen gets bigger and 5G is being used. S20 and S20 Plus should be better in this aspect because of a smaller screen, importantly, it is also value for money. The main drawback is that it is not future-proof and does not have binocular zoom. Not sure whether the reviews so far are done using 5G, if not, then the battery on the ultra is really bad I think. Also, as US uses a different 5G, the battery consumption could be different? A lot of questions on the 5G aspect, so much more on its benefits in SG, given that it is still not launched and how long it would take for the coverage to reach a level that we can really reap the benefits. Heard the data consumption is huge as compared to 4G.
S20 and S20+ have smaller screen but also smaller battery. Either way it balance out.
Old 29-02-2020, 11:36 AM   #1349
High Supremacy Member

Guys don't criticise Samsung Singapore and Exynos. They are the "best" in the market. You should appreciate that Samsung is even bringing in this phone to Singapore. Samsung don't owe you anything. I said Exynos suck and tio whacked jiatlat jiatlat as childish and immature.
Take your argument out side this thread. Start a new thread.
Old 29-02-2020, 11:42 AM   #1350
Master Member

No you got whacked because you keep repeating yourself like a broken tape recorder. We know Exynos suck and no one is contesting otherwise. So stop your repetition crap and get a life.
athenodorus and Momentumm like this.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.