Samsung Galaxy S20: News and Discussions

Like Tree274Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2020, 12:03 AM   #1456

Ready to collect preorder today~
footi3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 07:08 AM   #1457
Arch-Supremacy Member

Android authority antutu score on sd 865 is 547,698. Phone arena antutu on exynos is 524,200... its time to get lg or phone with expendable memory.
animeonegai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 07:39 AM   #1458

Every iteration of the S series introduces speed bump, it doesn’t really matter to me if it is slower than SD 865, as long as it is faster than the previous generation SD 855, it is good enough for me. In fact, a lag of 1 or 2 secs is minor. If really want a brazing fast experience, you shouldn’t go for Android, go for iPhone instead. Speed tests of previous year iPhone consistently reveals better performance over the latest Samsung flagship.

I hesitated to move over to other brands because OneUI and 120Hz refresh rate are the key killer features for me. Next, is the sense of gripping the phone, it makes me feel that I am in control (talking about form factor of S20 plus, it is comfortable to hold a phone with such big screen) and then it is the higher resale value of Samsung phones as compared to the other Android smartphones in SG. I had tried replacing my iPhone Max with S10 plus but I didn’t manage to get success because of various factors - the screen size, the butterly smooth experience when swiping, the familiar left, right and up gestures of iOS. OneUI is simply marvellous, if not, better. It is still to be seen on whether I can totally get rid of my urge to go back to the iPhone.

I feel that if you are a frequent smartphone changer, you shouldn’t go for export set. It will be harder to sell later, not to mention fetch higher price than the local set. People want warranty. The longer the warranty, the better selling price you get.

Last edited by myhealthychoice; 02-03-2020 at 08:07 AM..
myhealthychoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 08:01 AM   #1459
Supremacy Member

i dont think i will use 120Hz and strain the battery even .. 60 Hz is good enough for average users.

A little difference in CPU speed from past gen and current gen will be good enough for average users too...
Old 02-03-2020, 08:14 AM   #1460
Banned

I don’t mind Exynos, I tested gaming on my Note10+ and it’s fine. No lag or whatsoever. What pissed me off is that Samsung didn’t release 256 / 512 GB in SG which result in me not getting the phone at launch.

It’s true iPhone is better in terms of speed and performance, that’s why my main phone is iPhone instead of Samsung.

Even for the Tab S6, I will get 256 GB instead of the 128GB.

Every iteration of the S series introduces speed bump, it doesn’t really matter to me if it is slower than SD 865, as long as it is faster than the previous generation SD 855, it is good enough for me. In fact, a lag of 1 or 2 secs is minor. If really want a brazing fast experience, you shouldn’t go for Android, go for iPhone instead. Speed tests of previous year iPhone consistently reveals better performance over the latest Samsung flagship.

I hesitated to move over to other brands because OneUI and 120Hz refresh rate are the key killer features for me. Next, is the sense of gripping the phone, it makes me feel that I am in control (talking about form factor of S20 plus, it is comfortable to hold a phone with such big screen) and then it is the higher resale value of Samsung phones as compared to the other Android smartphones in SG. I had tried replacing my iPhone Max with S10 plus but I didn’t manage to get success because of various factors - the screen size, the butterly smooth experience when swiping, the familiar left, right and up gestures of iOS. OneUI is simply marvellous, if not, better. It is still to be seen on whether I can totally get rid of my urge to go back to the iPhone.

I feel that if you are a frequent smartphone changer, you shouldn’t go for export set. It will be harder to sell later, not to mention fetch higher price than the local set. People want warranty. The longer the warranty, the better selling price you get.
Glariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 08:24 AM   #1461
Master Member

i dont think i will use 120Hz and strain the battery even .. 60 Hz is good enough for average users.

A little difference in CPU speed from past gen and current gen will be good enough for average users too...
Many people once try 120hz and never go back to 60hz. U will feel the phone is slow after that. Same goes for oled screen, if go back lcd screen will see colours not vibrant anymore

Posted from PCWX using iPhone12,5
kuma-mon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 08:39 AM   #1462
Supremacy Member

Many people once try 120hz and never go back to 60hz. U will feel the phone is slow after that. Same goes for oled screen, if go back lcd screen will see colours not vibrant anymore

hope the can find a solution (not just doing shortcut by increasing battery capacity) to make phone last longer with higher refresh rate and 5g being the trend soon.

Last edited by athenodorus; 02-03-2020 at 08:46 AM..
athenodorus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 09:20 AM   #1463
Arch-Supremacy Member

Android authority antutu score on sd 865 is 547,698. Phone arena antutu on exynos is 524,200... its time to get lg or phone with expendable memory.
Although score is higher then even sd855 on the exynos 990

But...

KeYoKe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 09:42 AM   #1464

Does anyone knows if the demo S20/S20 Ultra sets have 120hz turned on? I tried it and I cannot really see that much difference.
prataboy666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 09:43 AM   #1465
Arch-Supremacy Member

Does anyone knows if the demo S20/S20 Ultra sets have 120hz turned on? I tried it and I cannot really see that much difference.
No it's not on by default on demo sets.
shawniiex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 09:53 AM   #1466
Supremacy Member

You have to turn it on. Really have significant difference. S20 suddenly as smooth as iphone
rabbit1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 09:56 AM   #1467
Supremacy Member

Collected my S20U
There is no software update (suppose tonhave one that improves camera...) will check the version
So far, seems well (except its big)
Computeron likes this.
kyleongwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 10:02 AM   #1468
Supremacy Member

Collected my S20U
There is no software update (suppose tonhave one that improves camera...) will check the version

Because you have the Singapore set. Update comes to Singapore rarely because of extensive modem tuning.
rabbit1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 10:39 AM   #1469

Collected my S20U
Nice! I still gotta wait another week. How's the 120hz display?
TheSacredSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 10:47 AM   #1470
Supremacy Member

sure agree on the screen type ..

I am sure there are sw tweaks here and then, been using samsung phones quite sometime the sw update are quite good
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.