HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+ Accessories Thread: Showcase and Discuss!

Like Tree14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2018, 09:29 PM   #451

ordered and received it at my doorstep in 10 days

i ordered the 3 pieces set. 2 full and 1 case friendly

first 2 attempts i screwed up

1st try, dunno why got one small pocket of air and it didnt glue up. so i lifted it up. the glue dried, so i left it aside. later i realised that that small pocket got something on it, preventing the glue to move in.

2nd try fail, cos i spread the glue on a few places, then ended up got a few pockets of air LOL
i quickly removed it and wash the glue under the tap. then clean with cleaning alcohol.

3rd attempt, then i really squeeze the liquid glue into the middle, into 1 lump, which i didnt do in the previous 2 attempts. then now it swee swee spread out, although i needed to lift the phone and tilt it one side so that the liquid glue will move to the side where it wasnt going. phew. that was the last bottle of glue.

so i tried to rub off the dried glue from the first glass SP. almost got all of it out liao, then i pressed too hard and it cracked otherwise it is actually re-usable

so now im gonna order a couple of liquid glue to keep for the remaining spare SP and if i need to remove the current one

it looks really nice. i watched 2 youtube videos several times to be sure. what is important is to 1) lay the phone on a flat surface (or lay on an object u can lift, like a book, so that after applying the glue, u can lift the whole thing up to direct where the glue to go when if it doesnt spread out evenly as it is supposed to, 2) squeeze all the liquid glue into the middle of the screen as directed. 3) do it in an environment where there isnt any moving air so that there wont be any specs of dust that can fall onto ur screen at the last minute when u squeeze the glue or before u put the SP down, like i was inside my bedroom with the windows and door closed and aircon turned off

entire process took me 1 hour plus

note: needed to wash my hands several times whenever i failed. cos after u apply the glue, when u wanna clean off the glue from the edges of ur phone, ur hands will kena the glue and it feels oily, then u'll spread it to the top of the SP and everywhere. so need to clean ur hands before u make ur next attempt.

shld hv gotten this some time ago when i saw ur post, instead of getting those with adhesive only along the edges
while waiting for your new batch to arrive, you can go guardian to buy a bottle of isopropyl alcohol or those single use pre-soaked alcohol cotton pads first. makes cleaning off the local glue from your phone and hands alot easier and effective..

by the next batch you will be very pro in applying such uv cured screen protector already.. nowadays I remove existing glass + install new glass can complete in about 15mins lol. fail and throw and buy again the end cost still cheaper than buying a set of Whitestone dome. and the full cover version that protects the front camera and sensor version is better than WSD version in my opinion.

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT
Charlie_Zhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 12:50 AM   #452
Master Member

This is what you get for buying a cheap adhesive
Glariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 04:40 AM   #453
High Supremacy Member

while waiting for your new batch to arrive, you can go guardian to buy a bottle of isopropyl alcohol or those single use pre-soaked alcohol cotton pads first. makes cleaning off the local glue from your phone and hands alot easier and effective..

by the next batch you will be very pro in applying such uv cured screen protector already.. nowadays I remove existing glass + install new glass can complete in about 15mins lol. fail and throw and buy again the end cost still cheaper than buying a set of Whitestone dome. and the full cover version that protects the front camera and sensor version is better than WSD version in my opinion.

yup, i already have one bottle of that on standby.

but i usually use another cleaning spirit which I bought from JB cheap. its only RM2 for 100ml, which I always use to clean the phones, tablet, or almost everything like monitor, tv, around the hse. it is especially useful to clean off the grime and stickiness on rubbery stuff like the rest pad on the computer keyboard, the rubber grip of the mouse. clean liao, it becomes as good as new. it costs only a friction of isopropyl from guardian

i did not order any new SP yet, only order the glue, so hopefully i wont be needing to do any application soon as long as this current one works. im using a metal bumper, so there is a tiny slit of gap between the SP and bumper but it doesnt bug me

the glass SP not cheap leh. i rather take the effort to clean off the glue and reuse it. its not that tough to clean it off, just need a bit of time, effort and delicacy

im using the full cover version, the only exposed part is the front speaker. what is WSD version? the case friendly version?
Old 07-12-2018, 08:19 AM   #454

Just got my phone done with wsd yesterday for $60. This is after I spent $40 on DIY screen protector and failed. Lol..
C_boliao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 10:21 AM   #455
High Supremacy Member

Just got my phone done with wsd yesterday for $60. This is after I spent $40 on DIY screen protector and failed. Lol..

what is WSD?

my fren did got her liquid glue SP done at some toa payoh shop for $25
Old 07-12-2018, 11:12 AM   #456

Whitestone dome. Is the rolls Royce of screen protector.
C_boliao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 11:57 AM   #457
High Supremacy Member

got a qn to ask, does anybody know,

can wireless charging work if i have one of those metal rings at the back of my phone?

meaning, if i place my phone on the wireless charging dock, there will be a gap between the phone and the dock

Old 07-12-2018, 12:52 PM   #458
Master Member

Hear say some cheap glue paste already hard to take out unlike white stone.

And take out already will damage the screen don’t know how true. Never try before and will never want to try.

All my Samsung flagship phones only paste Whitestone tempered glass

what is WSD?

my fren did got her liquid glue SP done at some toa payoh shop for $25
Glariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 01:07 PM   #459
High Supremacy Member

And take out already will damage the screen donít know how true. Never try before and will never want to try.

oh not true. ytd i removed it after pasting. the glue isnt like elephant super glue. and the phone screen is rock solid. so i doubt it can be easily spoilt by this kinda adhesive
Old 07-12-2018, 03:04 PM   #460

And take out already will damage the screen don’t know how true. Never try before and will never want to try.

don't need to defend your thesis of overspending for a screen protector that is overpriced for what it does. yes there are cases and stories of sellers using sub-par Loca, it usually happens when they use a Loca which has a lower viscosity.. I have bought and used enough wsd as well as other Loca based sp to tell you that wsd is good, but not the best out there. both in terms of price and quality.

Charlie_Zhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 06:29 PM   #461

Just now went to Samsung store and look at Polaris Blue.

I was surprised how it look so different from the photo.
Even the Samsung staff embarrassing and say yah a bit.
princewenle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 09:23 PM   #462
Master Member

got a qn to ask, does anybody know,

can wireless charging work if i have one of those metal rings at the back of my phone?

meaning, if i place my phone on the wireless charging dock, there will be a gap between the phone and the dock

i think gap too far

go SES (Samsung Experience Store) try

Sent from Samsung SM-N960F using GAGT
joesph is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 08:34 AM   #463
High Supremacy Member

i think gap too far

go SES (Samsung Experience Store) try

oh yah never thought of that

esp since i live near one of their stores
Old 09-12-2018, 08:25 AM   #464
Master Member

oh yah never thought of that

esp since i live near one of their stores
or other china stores that lay out the powered on wireless pads

bigbadber likes this.
joesph is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:48 PM   #465
Supremacy Member

Anyone know what happen to the Aukey seller in Mass Order forum?

Like no activity for weeks already... Carousell page also like no activity....

Gloom me is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.