Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+, The Gorgeous Beast

xtractor

Master Member
Reaction score
does anyone know what is wrong with my s9 plus?when press power button or using fingerprint scanner it blink then shut off.before that the screen already flickering and screen become greyish and blur.....is it because of the lcd board or mobo spoilt?how much will it cost to repair?

xeYVhs8.gif

Last edited:

Z_Dash

Master Member
Reaction score
does anyone know what is wrong with my s9 plus?when press power button or using fingerprint scanner it blink then shut off.before that the screen already flickering and screen become greyish and blur.....is it because of the lcd board or mobo spoilt?how much will it cost to repair?

xeYVhs8.gif

Seems like screen failure.
Try booting into the boot menu and see if the diagnostic test still shows same issue

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Has anyone replaced their display recently ?
How much did it cost ?

ah_cleo

Master Member
Reaction score
And u all really believe him ah?

The $100plus, mayb he kope another phone to dismantle first den sell to you at $100 plus lo..

4D.TOTO&BS

Reaction score
My latest software update up-lorry ed my S9+ with all sorts of touch screen issues shown up.
I know this will happen sooner or later because Samsung is famous for this shady occasion that's why I was always so reluctant to update software despite that frequent annoying reminders urging for an update.

To those who encounter screen issues, take a look at the below video which I found to get my problem solved temporarily (intermittently).

Bye Samsung... I'm switching to a non-korean brand. Maybe iPhone or some which provides better stability in software OS. I wouldn't want to worry about data loss and software afflicted issues any longer.
Any opinions are appreciated.

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmmm....my S9 just got the Match security update last week but i haven't noticed any of the issues you mentioned.

I will take a closer look tonight but there's a chance it might not affect me since mine's a Snapdragon variant.

4D.TOTO&BS

Reaction score
Hmmm....my S9 just got the Match security update last week but i haven't noticed any of the issues you mentioned.

I will take a closer look tonight but there's a chance it might not affect me since mine's a Snapdragon variant.
I googled and found multiple screen issues in Snapdragon variant inclusively especially S20FE. Every software update is plug and pray exclusively.

Better to do routine backup with Smart Switch to insure against data loss.

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I googled and found multiple screen issues in Snapdragon variant inclusively especially S20FE. Every software update is plug and pray exclusively.

Better to do routine backup with Smart Switch to insure against data loss.
All's fine on my S9 GM-G9600, no touch or display issues.

Build Number: G9600ZHS8FUB6
Release Date : 2021-03-25

4D.TOTO&BS

Reaction score
All's fine on my S9 GM-G9600, no touch or display issues.

Build Number: G9600ZHS8FUB6
Release Date : 2021-03-25
My phone is now stable without any touch screen issue while didn't do anything.
Security patch level is February 2021.

grynove

Reaction score
suddenly my s9 display dim. turn off bright normal again. back to dim. any idea if this is called black screen of death ?

CatLuVer

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I using S9 plus as a spare phone and use it mainly to play pokemon go lol. Been using for 3 yrs+. Is it worth to change battery now?. Thanks

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.