Samsung Galaxy Tab P1000

xravenx

Reaction score
Hi all,

Not sure if anyone is looking forward to the Galaxy Tab, but I personally feel quite excited about the device. 7" screen, android 2.2, everything a Galaxy S does and bigger(may be a turn off for some), and everything an iPad does but smaller :p

Official website: http://galaxytab.samsungmobile.com/

Hopefully it will not be too expensive

xravenx

Reaction score
Well, I was looking for an alternative for iPad, hence the excitement :p No way will this be my main phone though. hahaha

dbchoong

Master Member
Reaction score
Looks great except for the seemingly average resolution - 480x800.

A HD 720 screen would have been made it the perfect machine - 1280x720. Or is Samsung just holding back for a newer version a few months later?

xravenx

Reaction score
yea, perhaps a tab 2 if its well received. Didnt notice the low res screen as I only saw the preview in engadget. If the device can transfer photos from a camera, work with USB keyboards and not too expensive, I will probably consider it. Samsung will need to be careful with the pricing though... people might just go for a Galaxy S if its too ex.

Masz

Reaction score
I'm looking forward to this. Hope it is light. My iPad a bit too heavy for prolong usage. Well it is either this or the rumoured 7" iPad

lenehan

Reaction score
Look at it.

img20100824155257.jpg

xravenx

Reaction score
is it me or does the galaxy tab use a cable similar to the iphone/ipad cables? looks unfriendly to me; yet another cable to buy. I hope they just stick to microusb.

deathst

Master Member
Reaction score
Got an inside tip that it is a High-Res screen not the standard 400x800

- It pays off being Sammy's Social Reviewer for the wave ;)

lenehan

Reaction score
Got an inside tip that it is a High-Res screen not the standard 400x800

- It pays off being Sammy's Social Reviewer for the wave ;)

It already stated the spec 600 x 1024 pixels. ANyway. it going to launch in few days time in Germany. So we wait and see.

kifo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Now that it has been announced in Europe, when will it arrive in SG?

kennyboy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It's pretty ok....nothing too impressive, but it's not like it has much competition amongst any other Android tablets.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.