samsung pay

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tap to which part?
you referring to the self pump and pay outside or paying at the cashiers inside the aircon room? :s13:

if its the outside ones then those payment terminals can only payment with a credit card physically slotted in, or with the esso speedpass keyfob.. other than that, all the NFC/MST/Paywave/PayPass/Samsung/Apple/Google pay all cannot.. you ownself at the pump there scan your watch or phone from the floor to the ceiling of the pump machine also won't go through.. have to go inside cashier to pay if you want pay via contactless..

same for most of the self service pump and pay petrol stations overseas, even MST would almost never work on those kind of machines.. unless they start to upgrade and change the payment terminals to a swipe type or NFC enabled ones, otherwise just go inside cashier if you are not using speedpass or don't have any physical payment cards with you.

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

Last edited:

joesph

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just now I went to Esso petrol station, use my Galaxy watch with samsung pay....dunno how to use, cashier must key in something before I tap watch? Tap at Speedpass area? In the end cannot pay....damn no face....lol
see and confirm correct value, not 1M, then tap watch, when setting up got tutorial? any paper manual too with the watch?

Sent from Samsung SM-N960F using GAGT

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
see and confirm correct value, not 1M, then tap watch, when setting up got tutorial? any paper manual too with the watch?

2018 already still paper manuals.. :s13: all the big mega corporations nowadays always emphasizing on their efforts in energy conservation and self sustainability.. manuals also all self read on the product support page of their websites already..

https://www.samsung.com/us/business/support/owners/product/galaxy-watch-bluetooth/

MIVEC525

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
you referring to the self pump and pay outside or paying at the cashiers inside the aircon room? :s13:

if its the outside ones then those payment terminals can only payment with a credit card physically slotted in, or with the esso speedpass keyfob.. other than that, all the NFC/MST/Paywave/PayPass/Samsung/Apple/Google pay all cannot.. you ownself at the pump there scan your watch or phone from the floor to the ceiling of the pump machine also won't go through.. have to go inside cashier to pay if you want pay via contactless..

same for most of the self service pump and pay petrol stations overseas, even MST would almost never work on those kind of machines.. unless they start to upgrade and change the payment terminals to a swipe type or NFC enabled ones, otherwise just go inside cashier if you are not using speedpass or don't have any physical payment cards with you.

Reffering to cashier coz her terminal got 1 slot swipe and 1 slot speedpass, I dunno where to swipe...she have to key in something before I swipe?

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Reffering to cashier coz her terminal got 1 slot swipe and 1 slot speedpass, I dunno where to swipe...she have to key in something before I swipe?
then i don't know liao... usually if i use speedpass the procedure is to first scan the speedpass keyfob at the pump first, after the scan area light up then can proceed to pump then just drive off liao...

PongRareRare

Reaction score
Anyone knows if RFID card will affect Samsung payment? If I put the card behind, can I still using Samsung pay? NFC and MST wise

deathst

Master Member
Reaction score

Advancer

Master Member
Reaction score
Just wanna check that is it me(as a galaxy A8 user) or everyone who owns any Samsung phone will get 500 points every 3 months on the Samsung pay app?
I have claimed my 3rd 500 points from the app since I bought this phone in Feb 18.

joesph

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just wanna check that is it me(as a galaxy A8 user) or everyone who owns any Samsung phone will get 500 points every 3 months on the Samsung pay app?
I have claimed my 3rd 500 points from the app since I bought this phone in Feb 18.
not me

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

not for my note8.

louis23

Reaction score
Anyone managed to backup and restore the Samsung Pay points before changing to new phone/reformat phone?

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone managed to backup and restore the Samsung Pay points before changing to new phone/reformat phone?

Samsung pay points are tied to Samsung account. Once you recognise to the new phone, then the points will come back..

joesph

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
quite hard to get to here, to find out points expiring, the right arrows not intuitive

then press question mark
UDNMkSSl.jpg

you e-mail to spay, they very helpful although their pictorial guide has error, they call me

bluecrab

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the samsung pay on a phone or watch purchased in Malaysia will work in Singapore? Thanks.

joesph

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the samsung pay on a phone or watch purchased in Malaysia will work in Singapore? Thanks.
when i travel out of Singapore, i can pay in other country

if the phone is from Malaysia, see if can add Singapore cards, from what i read here, no

AnDyLe0

Reaction score
if the phone is from Malaysia, see if can add Singapore cards, from what i read here, no

huh? samsung phone bought in malaysia can't use samsung pay in singapore? :eek::eek::eek:

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
huh? samsung phone bought in malaysia can't use samsung pay in singapore? :eek::eek::eek:

don't think can. reason is because of the MAS regulation i think, as well as security concerns.

For samsung pay to work, the samsung pay core app and Singapore payment framework must be present.

Its the singapore payment framework which limits the phone to only accept locally registered cards for use.

TheAlphaLion

Reaction score
don't think can. reason is because of the MAS regulation i think, as well as security concerns.

For samsung pay to work, the samsung pay core app and Singapore payment framework must be present.

Its the singapore payment framework which limits the phone to only accept locally registered cards for use.

Singapore phone, I can add USA cards to samsung pay.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.